ADVERTISEMENT

Who would have thought that Federiko Federiko is the key to us making the NCAA Tournament?

PittPoker

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2008
That signing at the time was not thought of very highly. If I remember correctly most just thought he'd be a good practice body. Watching guys like Norchad Omier not even consider us and then ending up with Fede, I definitely can admit I wasn't impressed at all.

But think about this, do we beat UNC Wednesday if he doesn't play? No way. The twins came in and were getting manhandled by Bacot. Fede I'd argue played some of the best defense on him he's faced this season. Over recent games Fede has seemingly found his groove, takes high % shots when available and makes them most of the time, learned to play really good defense and I think is the unsung hero for Pitt.

As much as I think there is tremendous upside for the twins, if we had to just rely on them to be the center no way Pitt is 16-7 and 9-3 in the ACC right now. I'd say firmly without Fede we would most likely NOT make the Dance and we'd be fighting to get into the NIT.

Bottom line for me is that Capel and his staff made lots of great choices in the portal and Federiko might be #1. He's been so good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News