ADVERTISEMENT

Whose more excited for Basketball Season than Football ?

PittCity

Freshman
Mar 9, 2018
What a turn of events Pitt fans . Kinda kidding but not really.
Can't wait to watch Pitt Basketball again. Over these past two years I really tuned out. First time in decades I did that. Football is for a lack of better words stuck in the mud but I do like #8 QB Pickett.

So , I actually am more excited for the Basketball season.

Sick of people complaining about the football schedule, I guess because there is no recruiting to talk about. Narduzzi will get his guys but will it ever be enough?

Capel seems more than adequate and will likely land Pitt in Top 3-5 ACC recruiting yearly.

Last edited:
Reactions: rrig5
Can't wait to watch Pitt Basketball again. Over these past two years I really tuned out. First time in decades I did that. Football is for a lack of better words stuck in the mud but I do like #8 QB Pickett.

Sick of people complaining about the football schedule, I guess because there is no recruiting to talk about. Narduzzi will get his guys but will it ever be enough?

Capel seems more than adequate and will likely land Pitt in Top 3-5 ACC recruiting yearly.
Right now with what has transpired with Capel I am more excited for hoops. I suspect that will change as we move thru August.

DH2_1532.jpg

Ill be excited when they change uniforms in basketball and get a True Center.
In football , maybe Paris Ford can do it all and burn those all white pants.

Reactions: Chaos and Swervin27

After sitting through the horror shows the last two years, this is the most excited I've been for basketball since I've been a season tic holder, and that was 8 years before HCJC was born.

images
This is the football teams uniforms ? wtf ? They need an overhaul bad. Never get a recruit lookin like this.

From an 0-fer basketball season to quality recruits being comeptitive is a nice jump, but it's likely still an under .500 basketball season in the ACC. Am I excited about it? You bet!

I think Kenny Pickett & Co. have an opportunity shock the ACC, so I'm also very much anticipating football season. The ceiling is higher on the gridiorn this year.

From an 0-fer basketball season to quality recruits being comeptitive is a nice jump, but it's likely still an under .500 basketball season in the ACC. Am I excited about it? You bet!

I think Kenny Pickett & Co. have an opportunity shock the ACC, so I'm also very much anticipating football season. The ceiling is higher on the gridiorn this year.

I believe PITT was a dropped pass, a fumble, or one football lenght away from two really good seasons.
Given a solid start which includes making things happen this could be the start of some really good PITT football.

Last year PITT rolled the dice with Brown, and the O line was very disappointing.

Pickett will be an improvement over Brown and I bet the o-line will perform better than last year.

Narduzzi added a few grad transfers which should help!

"are you ready for some football"??

Basketball should be fun too!

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Last edited:
For me, and this is just a personal preference, I'm looking forward to basketball season a lot more than football, especially with the buzz around Capel. But maybe I'm different than most. I always look forward to the basketball season more than football, no matter who the coach is, even when Rip Van Winkle was the coach.

Reactions: rrig5

For me it's not even a question as I believe Pitt and Pickett will surprise many this season. The basketball team IMO will remain will below the 500 mark for the entire season unless Capel recruits a LaBran James clone over the next couple of months.

All of our hopes are riding on Pickett but lets hope the Offensive line holds up and the Defense can keep us in some big games.
I think the Basketball team will finish with a record of at least 17-15 . I really do.

I believe you meant to say "Who's more excited?"

And to answer your question, this guyyyyyy!!!

Although a Pitt fan since after about a year to my arrival in PA in '72, I would say I am a football guy by a wide margin, but I was infuriated by the events that ended with Stallings as the head coach at Pitt. I started to come over to the free b-ball board to commiserate with the b-ball guys....I felt bad for the Pitt fans that lived for b-ball. It reminded me of the great ride we South Carolina fans had in basketball when Frank McGuire took the Gamecocks to the top of the ACC in the late 60's,early 70's. SC was 14-0 in ACC play in '70, with Bobby Cremins, John Roche, Riker, Joyce, Carver and won the ACC tournament in '71, ('70 tourney the Cocks got hosed!), and the NCarolina schools could not accept the 'poor boys' winning so it got so hostile SC got out of the ACC. When I came to PA I was neutral but working around I came to realize that PSU people were sorta like the NC people, arrogant, ( I was equally disillusioned by the racism among them, actually naive regarding northern racism ) and about this time Johnny Majors came to town and he reminded me of all my uncles back home, all of'em WWII vets, some good 'ole boys, sold me on Pitt. Any way to get back to the question, I agree with the OP, it will be very exciting to see how both seasons play out, if Capel keeps this recruiting momentum going for the next 14 months, even if he is just an average coach, really good things will happen, IMHO, sorry for the rant our crew worked alot of OT this weekend, got ahead and finished early, nothing to do in this hotel room up in the middle of nowhere except drink Miller High Life and read the Lair.

More excited about football Penn State and Notre Dame games. Kenny Pickett can develop into a special quarterback. The defense has a chance to be very good under DUZZ and the new DC. Basketball a lot of work do to for it to turn around.

More excited about football Penn State and Notre Dame games. Kenny Pickett can develop into a special quarterback. The defense has a chance to be very good under DUZZ and the new DC. Basketball a lot of work do to for it to turn around.

You're right about "Basketball has a lot of work to do for it to turn around." There is however a"BUZZ" about the program with the new coach and his great recruiting.
I'd rather have this amount of "work" with these recruits than the impossible task
we had with Stallings and his very limited players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT