ADVERTISEMENT

Why Did Pitt Move to The Pete for WVB?

TheSpecialSauce

Chancellor
Gold Member
Nov 15, 2019
Texas plays in a small volleyball arena that doesn’t even look as nice as FFH. Why give away home court advantage?

Texas plays in a small volleyball arena that doesn’t even look as nice as FFH. Why give away home court advantage?

I think they were expecting a bigger crowd. My guess is next year they stay at FFH.

The smaller arena didn't help Texas very much. Pitt canon fodder Louisville just beat them to head to the Elite 8. Pitt women's volleyball has got the Dixonitis.

Last edited:
I think they were expecting a bigger crowd. My guess is next year they stay at FFH.

The smaller arena didn't help Texas very much. Pitt canon fodder Louisville just beat them to head to the Elite 8. Pitt women's volleyball has got the Dixonitis.
I saw it on TV and was surprised it wasn’t nicer considering it is Texas. There is no reason for Pitt to move it away from FFH.

I saw it on TV and was surprised it wasn’t nicer considering it is Texas. There is no reason for Pitt to move it away from FFH.

Pitt was vying to host a regional, and the setup Pitt has at the Pete is probably one of the best looking courts in all of volleyball. I can't blame them in thinking that would help their case, but obviously it blew up in our faces.

If you want to host NCAA post-season games you have to meet certain requirements. Fitzgerald can't meet them.

Fin.

We could have hosted at the field house. All you need is 4 locker rooms.

We could have hosted at the field house. All you need is 4 locker rooms.

There is also a minimum seating requirement to host the second weekend, but I believe the Field House holds more than enough to meet that requirement. I believe the requirement is 3,000, and iirc the Field House holds around 4,000 for volleyball.

Reactions: bwh05
There are also rules about having a video replay system in place, but of course the Field House has that because they use it during Pitt home games there.

We definitely could have stayed in the FH. I think we were expecting bigger crowds that just didn’t happen.

Of course Pitt moved. They are morons.

It sounds to me like a smaller and fuller venue is better than one that's too large? Hmm.

Of course Pitt moved. They are morons.

It sounds to me like a smaller and fuller venue is better than one that's too large? Hmm.

Well either that or playing your most important home games of the season someplace other than your home court isn't a good idea. But that's probably a concept well over your head.

Well either that or playing your most important home games of the season someplace other than your home court isn't a good idea. But that's probably a concept well over your head.

Or.... a smaller and more intimate venue full of your own fans is a bonus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT