ADVERTISEMENT

Why the Next Few Games Are So Important

poconopanther

Redshirt
Jul 5, 2001
Not only to the Narduzzi era but for the short and mid term future of this program.Based on what we have seen from each unit we have a lot of work to do and both sides of the ball and special teams. I always say let the season play out because believe it or or some football teams actually improve as the year goes on but unfortunately with few exceptions it's not ours . UCF is explosive but they have few quality wins because of their competition . I know they beat Auburn but that was one of those situations where the more motivated team won . I think even our offense can put some points up on them but it's a matter of how much we give up. They have some solid players on offense and the NC Qb can't even begin to compare to UCF ' s Milton. But my original point is if we somehow upset them and ride some momentum against a Syracuse team that puts points on he board but can be had at home we will be right back to where we hoped to be at 4-2. On the other hand if we lose the next two and then to ND the following week we sit at 2-5 . In the process if we get shredded for some 130 points or so then more apathy and rumors will surface and our journey to be a 8 or 9 win program could be a mirage for some time to come.
I know after watching the PSU and N.Carolina debacles it is hard to do but before we before we decide let's see with this staff and players are made up of for the next few weeks. Can one of our teams finally overachieve ?
By the way if the scenario I mentioned about three drubbings occurs don't expect what few solid prospects we have for the next class to all stay committed .Needlessto say it will be a very important stretch of games for not only this team but future teams as well !

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
I think the AD is all in with the hc right now. She didn't do a wait and see aka Stallings. Also while she seems to have raised the bar on other sports, I'm not sure yet how high the bar is for fb. She'll be wrapping seats next year. Could be she's going for the Nutting/Bucco model for fb.

I think the AD is all in with the hc right now. She didn't do a wait and see aka Stallings. Also while she seems to have raised the bar on other sports, I'm not sure yet how high the bar is for fb. She'll be wrapping seats next year. Could be she's going for the Nutting/Bucco model for fb.
I agree on above. This is different in that she gave the extension, even if that was arranged above her, national perception would be that she was behind it.

And football is a whole different animal than the rest of our sports, indeed the standards may well be different (aka much lower) with The Suits.

This season is only important to get get young players PT for next year. Pickett needs to be ready for answering questions about his pre-season comments.

If you’re still watching games this season for W’s and L’s, you might want to stay home or change the channel. This season needs to shift focus towards development.

I’d even consider firing Watson and giving someone else on the staff a shot at OC if you think they may be a viable candidate for next year.

This is year 4 for HCPN. If they get shredded by UCF, Syracuse and ND, then he deserves to be on the hotseat.
I think most on this board would be happy with beating weaker ACC foes, splitting against the VTs and Miamis and at least being competitive with a top ten team. Plus having a legit shot at winning the costal every 3-4 years. This losing to a crappy NC and getting blown out by the Nitters is embarrassing. I hate to think what will happen in the next three games. Three more blowouts is a definite possibility.

Here we go again with the "this is why the next couple of games blah blah blah" - we see this thread after every loss. We don't need more games to realize that:
  1. Narduzzi isn't a good coach
  2. we have zero talent
  3. we aren't winning the division
  4. the program is behind
What's important is that Heather realizes how deep of a hole Narduzzi is digging this program into - fire him at the end of the season and find a young and energetic coach that will hit the recruiting trail hard. She owes it to us after she gave a guy an extension after a 5 win season.

ADVERTISEMENT