ADVERTISEMENT

Will Pat Narduzzi Let Mark Whipple Open It Up?

WC Panther

Freshman
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2018

A quote from Pat Narduzzi, in Mr. Jim Hammett's earlier thread:

"I like we're kind of combining the Whipple stuff and what we've done in the past"

Just trying to gleam what the new offense might be, Narduzzi says some very interesting things:

@4:30 --- Narduzzi talks about going to Offense, Defense, and Special Teams and trying to get input from his players, about what kind of Identity THEY want to have. Obviously, I wonder how much of this Narduzzi would actually consider but I like the collaborative attitude for sure.

@6:40 --- I believe right where the above quote from Jim Hammett came from. He gets into Offense and Whipple a little bit.

@9:30 --- Narduzzi gets into wanting to build up the passing game too. And gets into a little bit of conversation about the QB's and the passing game etc.

@12:30 --- Is that Mr. Peak asking the question? Awesome imo question about the running back 'Battle' and if Nard Dawg wants a Work Horse back. He pretty convincingly says that AJ Davis is #1, with Todd Sibley right behind him at #2. So that's two Big Backs up there at the top of the depth chart.(Narduzzi discussed how V'Lique is slot WR / UtilityTool guy).

@23:45 --- Pat Narduzzi answers another offensive question, saying he wants the Offense to be, "More Explosive" . Then he reasserts wanting to be a legit threat in the passing game (as well as the run).

I just am desperate to see the formations of this offense.

--> Will it be much more shotgun heavy, and will we run more out of the shotgun?
--> Will it be heavy RPO style? And will Whipple indeed have a passing game with many quick throws?

I hope someone can catch some glimpses, of what kind of formations and plays Whipple is installing out there for our Offense. H2P

Reactions: 1hugegeek
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News