ADVERTISEMENT

Will someone please give Subban some advice?

I think he’s trying to become our equivalent of Don Cherry, which honestly isn’t a bad thing. The league needs more recognizable personalities.

On a side note, ESPN should overhaul their NHL commentating crew this offseason. The NBA gets two color commentators and four studio personalities; the NHL gets half those? It really wouldn’t be that hard, either:
  • PxP: Bob Wischusen (best hockey announcer today, IMO)
  • Color Commentator: Ryan Callahan
  • Between the Benches: Ray Ferraro
  • Sideline Reporter: Leah Hextall (she’s a much better journalist than she is announcer)
Studio Team
  • Host: Steve Levy
  • Analyst 1: PK Subban
  • Analyst 2: Kevin Weekes
  • Analyst 3: John Buccigross (I know he’s an announcer but he knows hockey and has better TV presence than any other analyst they have)
Now THAT would be a Stanley Cup-worthy team.

Reactions: 303vND
I think he’s trying to become our equivalent of Don Cherry, which honestly isn’t a bad thing. The league needs more recognizable personalities.

On a side note, ESPN should overhaul their NHL commentating crew this offseason. The NBA gets two color commentators and four studio personalities; the NHL gets half those? It really wouldn’t be that hard, either:
  • PxP: Bob Wischusen (best hockey announcer today, IMO)
  • Color Commentator: Ryan Callahan
  • Between the Benches: Ray Ferraro
  • Sideline Reporter: Leah Hextall (she’s a much better journalist than she is announcer)
Studio Team
  • Host: Steve Levy
  • Analyst 1: PK Subban
  • Analyst 2: Kevin Weekes
  • Analyst 3: John Buccigross (I know he’s an announcer but he knows hockey and has better TV presence than any other analyst they have)
Now THAT would be a Stanley Cup-worthy team.
Remember when there were Barkley rumors a few years ago? He’s talking now about retiring from NBA duties…figure out a way to get him to delay his retirement and bring him over. He likes hockey and before anyone says no one will take his analysis seriously…I don’t think anyone watches him now for serious analysis.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Remember when there were Barkley rumors a few years ago? He’s talking now about retiring from NBA duties…figure out a way to get him to delay his retirement and bring him over. He likes hockey and before anyone says no one will take his analysis seriously…I don’t think anyone watches him now for serious analysis.
Well I think ABC is hoping Subban is their Barkley. But there is only one Barkley. The problem with hockey, is most of the best ever players are rather boring in personality. Sid. Mario. Gretzky. Orr. McDavid. Blah. It is the nature of the sport in many cases.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT