ADVERTISEMENT

Will the jersey/uniform combo...

JohnnyGossamer

Head Coach
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2010
...be revealed today as it was last season on Friday's on the Pitt football equipment Twitter feed?

Just wondering...

I'm assuming it's the uniform combo on your season ticket if you are a season ticket holder

Not a fan of the plain white pants. Other than that they're all great. Some of the best unis in all of sports.

Reactions: Panther-MT
On ticket it is gold helmet blue jersey gold pants the traditional look... I'll have to look for okie state

My friend holds our seasons tickets. Can someone please provide the jersey on each ticket? Also, not sure that's the case given Narduzzi usually lets the captains pick the look as the season progresses. Thanks in advance!

If it isn't this,

c36698c44d22d73171138fbd75e5c166.jpg

then it can't be called one of the best unis in sports.

One can't overstate how awesome these throwbacks look.

Agree HailtoPitt
I hope this is the last year Pitt doesnt wear the royal full time.

Everyone knows what they should do, except them.

I know it.
You know it.
WVU fans know it.
Penn State fans know it.
ESPN knows it.
Random college football fans know it.
Sombrero Man knows it.

Pitt... still studying the matter.

Well, minus the white pants, if they're going to use the current color scheme, I like the new ones.

My ultimate preference is the current throwback look paired the number font of new jersey. It's perfect marriage. Oh, and blue pants in the throwback color. And, a matte blue helmet in the throwback colors as options as well. Perfect combination of modern and old school. Simple enough. Do it.

Well, minus the white pants, if they're going to use the current color scheme, I like the new ones.

My ultimate preference is the current throwback look paired the number font of new jersey. It's perfect marriage. Oh, and blue pants in the throwback color. And, a matte blue helmet in the throwback colors as options as well. Perfect combination of modern and old school. Simple enough. Do it.

No.

If you look at the signage, the writing is quite literally on the wall. They are moving back to the old colors - possibly as soon as next year.

I just hope that if they do go back to the old colors, they do it right FOR ONCE and base it on information from Pitt fans.

Should they do that, and there's no reason they shouldn't, I am confident they will find that the VAST majority of Pitt fans prefer the darker blue and mustard gold to the electric blue and bright yellow gold.

If they make the right decision they will have solved this issue permanently. If they don't, they will have only shifted the goal posts.

Also, when they do go back to the old colors, I think our alternative uniform possibilities expand dramatically with it.

For example, I can easily imagine them doing a midnight panther type of look with black uniforms and a black matte helmet - with the blue script Pitt and gold and white trim. I think that would look tremendous and be a perfect addition to a more traditional looking uniform.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
If you look at the signage, the writing is quite literally on the wall. They are moving back to the old colors - possibly as soon as next year.

I just hope that if they do go back to the old colors, they do it right FOR ONCE and base it on information from Pitt fans.

Should they do that, and there's no reason they shouldn't, I am confident they will find that the VAST majority of Pitt fans prefer the darker blue and mustard gold to the electric blue and bright yellow gold.

If they make the right decision they will have solved this issue permanently. If they don't, they will have only shifted the goal posts.

Also, when they do go back to the old colors, I think our alternative uniform possibilities expand dramatically with it.

For example, I can easily imagine them doing a midnight panther type of look with black uniforms and a black matte helmet - with the blue script Pitt and gold and white trim. I think that would look tremendous and be a perfect addition to a more traditional looking uniform.
Yeah. This. Colors on the sidelines are ideal. Perfect look.

Reactions: bwh05 and paulbl99
Why are we concerned about uniforms when we can barely beat an average lower level Youngstown St team.
An unnecessary distraction!
We can play in "new/different" uniforms once we figure out how to play football.
The team should be focusing on attempting to play good solid football and the coaching staff should be working on game plans for the Nitters.
Its hard to believe anyone can discuss uniform color when we cant kick field goals, score on 1st and goal from the YSU three, score no pts in regulation in the second half, etc.
Its back to basics for the PITT football team!

Why are we concerned about uniforms when we can barely beat an average lower level Youngstown St team.
An unnecessary distraction!
We can play in "new/different" uniforms once we figure out how to play football.
The team should be focusing on attempting to play good solid football and the coaching staff should be working on game plans for the Nitters.
Its hard to believe anyone can discuss uniform color when we cant kick field goals, score on 1st and goal from the YSU three, score no pts in regulation in the second half, etc.
Its back to basics for the PITT football team!

That rant might make sense if the coaching staff or team were the ones who were making the uniform decision instead of playbook decisions.

WTF difference does it matter if fans discuss it? Are we keeping the team from gameday prep?

Or, would our constant bitching about Saturday's on field effort have any effect on gameday prep?

What's the purpose of the above rant other than to say that you don't care about uniforms and you wish the team had played better Saturday?

That rant might make sense if the coaching staff or team were the ones who were making the uniform decision instead of playbook decisions.

WTF difference does it matter if fans discuss it? Are we keeping the team from gameday prep?

Or, would our constant bitching about Saturday's on field effort have any effect on gameday prep?

What's the purpose of the above rant other than to say that you don't care about uniforms and you wish the team had played better Saturday?

In light of the dismissals, suspensions, non football injuries, YSU near debacle, and the potential "beat downs" over the next two weeks its amazing uniforms makes any list on the PITT football program list of to do's. I'd break out some old uni's and let them play in them until they figure out how to block, tackle, pass, catch, hold on to a football, kick field goals, etc. But thats me!

Of course fans can discuss the uni's. But if its a current topic on here it must be one that consumes time at the football program level.
If the coaching staff spends 10 seconds on uniforms they're taking 10 secs away from other important football things!

Things are so bad we and I were posting about how good the PITT band and dance team are??????????????But the band and dance team how nothing to do with the football team and don't distract from the football effort.

I have to laugh at posters who post to a thread that they would like to discuss something else but don't actually start/add to another thread about something else.

BTW here is what I expect for the next game

CuvOi5nW8AAJD9m.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT