ADVERTISEMENT

WNBA All Star Game

I watched the second half. It was very entertaining. They played hard. Loved it.

Would have liked to have watched it but it was opposite TBT.

So much bball going on:

- WNBA - as interesting as ever thanks to Caitlin

- NBA Summer League with Pitt dudes

- TBT

- Pre-Olympic and Olympic Basketball

- Big 3 but I dont know who would watch that

Would have liked to have watched it but it was opposite TBT.

So much bball going on:

- WNBA - as interesting as ever thanks to Caitlin

- NBA Summer League with Pitt dudes

- TBT

- Pre-Olympic and Olympic Basketball

- Big 3 but I dont know who would watch that
This is really the first year that I have watched Summer League and it’s enjoyable especially if you are a college fan.

Reactions: Bethlehemjohn
I watched the second half. It was very entertaining. They played hard. Loved it.
Slightly off topic, but when I thumbed through videos on Twitter last night, my algorithm was providing me with 80% of clips from the all star game. I wish I knew how these algorithms worked. I did initially watch a clip or two because I have a general interest, but then when I intentionally and immediately thumbed right past subsequent clips in an effort to potentially manipulate my algorithm away from such clips, it didn’t stop from more and more dropping into my feed.

Slightly off topic, but when I thumbed through videos on Twitter last night, my algorithm was providing me with 80% of clips from the all star game. I wish I knew how these algorithms worked. I did initially watch a clip or two because I have a general interest, but then when I intentionally and immediately thumbed right past subsequent clips in an effort to potentially manipulate my algorithm away from such clips, it didn’t stop from more and more dropping into my feed.
It’s all algorithms these days.

Woulda thought Elon would manipulate the algorithm to give you less WNBA info.

i didnt watch all star game but i did watch a few games with caitlyn clark. so im not an expert by any stretch.

My biggest complaint is just how "lazy" they look on defense. the teams i watched, both sides. they never get back. Clark had about 6-7 assists on just throwing it over top of the defense to a teammate who broke early. How does that work at this level? And both teams were doing it, again, many many times in the game. How do you not get back on defense? You learn that in grade school.

Also, back screens work way too easily. players on the wing just cutting to hoop, going back door and getting wide open layups. zero help from the weak side. again, you see this working at the grade school level, not even in high school do you see the back door cuts working so often..

sorry to be mr know it all tough guy here. that was just my take on it. It is good to see that it's getting a big new tv deal. and i do see this sport eventually being able to pay it's own bills and continue to get more and more fans..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT