ADVERTISEMENT

Women"s Basketball Reports?

Docfan

Freshman
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2005
Just wondering if there is an expert on this board who could provide regular updates on the Women's Basketball recruits. There doesn't seem to be any place on the Center Court Site, the Basketball board or The Field House board which seems to dedicated to wrestling. I know this request will open me up to complaints from the "who cares" crowd, but there has to be some degree of interest because there is no other place.

Reactions: serrahome
Just wondering if there is an expert on this board who could provide regular updates on the Women's Basketball recruits. There doesn't seem to be any place on the Center Court Site, the Basketball board or The Field House board which seems to dedicated to wrestling. I know this request will open me up to complaints from the "who cares" crowd, but there has to be some degree of interest because there is no other place.

Maybe we need some female posters on here who take a real interest in women's Bball. My sense is, most of the posters here (men, I'm assuming) take only a passing interest in the women's Bball team. If they're on the computer, I'll take a look, but I have to admit I don't follow them nearly as much as the men's team.
I'm sure there are ardent followers of the women's team who have knowledge of what's
going on. The question is...do they post here? I'm not suggesting that it only has to be a female to do the posting, but instead a person who is somewhat in the know.

Women's hoop recruiting and other news in general is typically fairly opaque compared to men's. There is much less out there on the internet. Someone in the know would probably have to be someone currently working in the Pitt athletic department related to women's hoops or the friend of such a person, IMHO.

I used to have good info back in the Berenato era when one of my kids was a student manager (most of which I would not/could not/did not post); but I no longer have a source. Maybe someone who has a current source will post something that can be public info and not cause the new coaching staff any consternation?

Maybe we need some female posters on here who take a real interest in women's Bball. My sense is, most of the posters here (men, I'm assuming) take only a passing interest in the women's Bball team. If they're on the computer, I'll take a look, but I have to admit I don't follow them nearly as much as the men's team.
I'm sure there are ardent followers of the women's team who have knowledge of what's
going on. The question is...do they post here? I'm not suggesting that it only has to be a female to do the posting, but instead a person who is somewhat in the know.
Ssshhh....women support their own sport teams...perish the thought.

Women's hoop recruiting and other news in general is typically fairly opaque compared to men's. There is much less out there on the internet. Someone in the know would probably have to be someone currently working in the Pitt athletic department related to women's hoops or the friend of such a person, IMHO.

I used to have good info back in the Berenato era when one of my kids was a student manager (most of which I would not/could not/did not post); but I no longer have a source. Maybe someone who has a current source will post something that can be public info and not cause the new coaching staff any consternation?
"...typically fairly opaque". That has to violate some clarity standard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT