ADVERTISEMENT

Would This Be Acceptable to You?

Throw a rock at the defensive staff, and whoever you hit can go.

Then pick up more rocks and repeat

I understand the sentiment. But really, isn't the head coach the de facto defensive coordinator? Is it a scheme issue, a talent issue, or a coaching issue? Pitt has certainly been through a ton of coaches....should Narduzzi be forced to can some of his guys? Hail to Pitt!

I understand the sentiment. But really, isn't the head coach the de facto defensive coordinator? Is it a scheme issue, a talent issue, or a coaching issue? Pitt has certainly been through a ton of coaches....should Narduzzi be forced to can some of his guys? Hail to Pitt!
I don't believe in mandating a coach makes a staff change. I do believe you make it clear that if he doesn't, and the results don't improve, it is him and his WHOLE staff on the line. Then it is his call, but he is aware expectations are not being met and he has only himself to blame.

I don't think we are there yet, but if we miss a bowl and next season there isn't 9+ wins, his seat should be smoking hot in 2019.

Maybe, but you look at the current trajectory of the rest of the Coastal, and it's difficult to see where the 9 win jump comes from? VT and Miami are going to be killers a few years from now. Duke and UNC continue to upgrade the talent every year. GT is GT.
9 wins playing in the Coastal is going to be a lot harder to obtain a few years from now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT