ADVERTISEMENT

Would you transfer if your coach made it mandatory for players to attend a concert his son (and fellow player) was going to be the opening act?

a few thoughts. first off, what a S**t show that program is under deion.

but that aside, surprised because i'd assume the team would probably want to go, it's a concert, free tickets, night out on the university, go have fun with the team at a rap concert, get drunk, get high, hang out with your teammates all on a chartered bus taking you to/from.

There are worse things than having to go to a concert as a 18- 22 year old, free of charge..

Reactions: mike 301
a few thoughts. first off, what a S**t show that program is under deion.

but that aside, surprised because i'd assume the team would probably want to go, it's a concert, free tickets, night out on the university, go have fun with the team at a rap concert, get drunk, get high, hang out with your teammates all on a chartered bus taking you to/from.

There are worse things than having to go to a concert as a 18- 22 year old, free of charge..
I’m just thinking out loud, but it very well may just be the “final straw” for some. Who knows what other “requirements” they’ve had to meet.

I don’t know all the details, but you are right, on the surface, having to go to a concert doesn’t seem like a burden worth transferring over.

I would have gone, but that aside...would he make it mandatory if another player on the team was rapping besides his son?

I would have gone, but that aside...would he make it mandatory if another player on the team was rapping besides his son?
Well, it would be one thing to encourage the team to support a teammate but this is something different. If the coach does things like this publicly, you can only imagine what it's like behind closed doors. The personification of "sports dad" is through the roof with this clown show.

I'm starting to believe this is a singular effort to force feed his kid into the NFL.

Well, it would be one thing to encourage the team to support a teammate but this is something different. If the coach does things like this publicly, you can only imagine what it's like behind closed doors. The personification of "sports dad" is through the roof with this clown show.

I'm starting to believe this is a singular effort to force feed his kid into the NFL.
Will he still be there coaching after his kids are gone?

Yeah that’s my thought. Encourage them to support a teammate. But mandatory is something else. The unsaid part of this is that his kid is trying to start a rap career?!? Lol. He isn’t even a pro (ostensibly anyway) as a football player yet. Maybe focus on THAT. People are talking about Shadeur being a first round talent at QB next year. That keeps looking like more and more of a bad decision. I mean he might have talent but you get the Manziel entitled rich kid PLUS the ultimate helicopter dad inserting himself and his ego.

Will he still be there coaching after his kids are gone?
I don't think there is any way he stays. I think he is there showcasing his kid. Once the season is over I think there will be a "medical" reason and he will step away. As far as the NFL goes, who knows.

Reactions: 303vND
I liked Deion as a coach at first. But he now reminds me of a guy I’ve been around for years in Little League. It’s all about their son, and they wonder why they don’t win against coaches who recognize and utilize talent outside of their own kid.

Reactions: USN_Panther
Would you transfer if instead of playing a home football game your coach made it mandatory to travel to Dublin to play a football game?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT