ADVERTISEMENT

Wow- who replaces Partridge ?

Hate to lose Charlie, but hiring defensive assistants isn't a big concern for me with Narduzzi.

Maybe Bates "has" to retire now?

Losing Partridge (and Salem) has to impact recruiting.

Time to have a staff with all hands on deck. No seniority free rides on recruiting.

Reactions: columbus mike

Time to have a staff with all hands on deck. No seniority free rides on recruiting.
impact recruiting? Can it get worse?

Maybe as instructors. Maybe.

But as recruiters?

Right, and I'd probably argue as an instructor as well. Or at least he has a reputation as such, which kind of marries it to the recruiting side of things.

This was always the one spot on the staff where we actually had value that could compare to just about anyone nationally, and that includes Narduzzi. Most assistant coaches are JAGs.

We picked up two assistants with ties in Florida, albeit on offense, but they're Florida guys. Not going to be easy to replace Charlie, but I'll let it play out before I succumb to doom an gloom.

Everybody is from somewhere.

Being able to say you lost your virginity behind the Piggly Wiggly in Milton, doesn’t mean you have an electric personality.

It might be Malcom Robinson jr,he’s young I know but he’s been CP right hand man and he’s been learning from him

Start here:

FzKK4FNXoAwWynL

Tim Daoust
Vince Oghobaase
Roosevelt Maggitt
Julian Campenni is another one I like, but already went to Rutgers this off-season.

Well, time to go find a nice high bridge...

To throw the last of my expectations off...yeah, that's it

I am sure all pro millionaire Aaron Donald is going to want to spend his kids childhood being away for 11 months to recruit high school kids to pitt.

Reactions: dan15701
In addition to DL coach, Pitt can offer an assistant HC position as well to make it more attractive

Kind of sucks that this didn't happen a month ago (recruiting not withstanding), because it really could affect how we would have structured our entire offensive staff. Since Narduzzi is already a defensive guy, maybe we could have lured a big time OC in with that deal. Or maybe he'd have kept a Salem or somebody with experience. Guess we'll never know.

Reactions: pittmeister
Tough loss for Pitt, but also a great opportunity for Partridge. While he will be tough to replace, as long as Pitt continues to employ a system allowing these players to attack and produce they will be fine.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
I believe that Pitt must poach a P5 coach for the job. It would have to be a coach that would move for more money and a better title. We won't out bid the SEC or Big Ten for coaches. Based on the list I provide, I like the following:

Walt Stewart – DL coach - Cincinnati: A Youngstown, OH native. Attended U of C. He won’t take a lateral move to come to Pitt. Would need a bigger title and more money. He’s young, 34 years old.
https://gobearcats.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/walter-stewart/2933

Dennis Johnson – DL coach – Baylor: LSU grad. Native of Amory, Mississippi. A very good recruiter. He’s young, 34 years old. Needs a better title and more money.
https://baylorbears.com/staff-directory/dennis-johnson/586

Vince Oghobaase – DL coach - Boston College: Duke grad. Young (37 years old). A native of Houston, Texas. Prior to his time in the NFL, Oghobaase served as a defensive graduate assistant at The Ohio State University for three years (2013-15).

Reactions: lilspainishflea
Perhaps Narduzzi allowing the program to implode last year was enough to convince him it was finally time to move on.
I don’t think that is it. I think he’s very talented, and is one of the best at his chosen profession. He has been given a chance to show what he can do on the biggest stage his career offers.

I think it’s coincidence that last season was a bust.

Who knows, but that’s my humble opinion.

Losing Partridge hurts recruiting? I bet if Pitt were to bring in Shark Tank's Mark Cuban as as Assistant Coach, he could get the top 5 defensive linemen in the country to come to Pitt. College football is so screwed up right now, that it doesn't matter who the head coach or who the assistant coach is as long as you have a rich donor with deep pockets who is willing to buy whatever the program needs.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT