ADVERTISEMENT

WPIAL Finals this week at Heinz

Yea its just Yinzer talk. After being hammered by low donations due to Covid, I doubt the Pgh and Greensburg diocese made the executive decision to go all in on 1A HS football.
Pittsburgh diocese is giving money to Canevin. Private donor to Greensburg CC.

Yea its just Yinzer talk. After being hammered by low donations due to Covid, I doubt the Pgh and Greensburg diocese made the executive decision to go all in on 1A HS football.

GCC recently got a very large donation. Maybe that was the reference. https://triblive.com/local/valley-n...n-offering-4-1-million-in-tuition-assistance/

it was pretty common knowledge they've made a concerted effort to improve athletics. The same can be said about Canevin.

Wouldn't be surprised to hear they did make an effort. We're talking about Canevin- when is the last time that happened?!

Probably a good enrollment tool.

Canevin has a good team and some good young players already getting PT.

They're solid. Not that 1A is some kind of juggernaut but it's really down this year. Clairton from 2019 would beat them by 3 TD's and I wouldn't consider that a top 4 Clairton team.

If OLSH has things figured out, I think they walk away with the dub.

1A is a joke.my grandson’s 5 grade team in Ohio has bigger oline then some of these schools

1A is a joke.my grandson’s 5 grade team in Ohio has bigger oline then some of these schools

They're a joke because of "size?"

Go check out the size of Clairton's OL or OLSH's.. Hell, even teams like West Greene had a massive OL. I would venture the OL's at those schools are probably bigger than most 2A and 3A's.

Not saying any of those teams have "good" OL's just saying it's kind of weird that they're a "joke" because of "size."

BTW, Aliquippa is a 1A school. Have you seen their OL?

They're a joke because of "size?"

Go check out the size of Clairton's OL or OLSH's.. Hell, even teams like West Greene had a massive OL. I would venture the OL's at those schools are probably bigger than most 2A and 3A's.

Not saying any of those teams have "good" OL's just saying it's kind of weird that they're a "joke" because of "size."

BTW, Aliquippa is a 1A school. Have you seen their OL?
The old adage, "it ain't the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog".

Reactions: steelcurtain55.
They're solid. Not that 1A is some kind of juggernaut but it's really down this year. Clairton from 2019 would beat them by 3 TD's and I wouldn't consider that a top 4 Clairton team.

Canevin - 35
OLSH - 7
3rd Q.

Canevin - 42
OLSH - 7
Final Score

They are here to stay if all their underclassmen return.

Reactions: ButtPilgrim2
Funny, I just watched the livestream of the 1A game (had a particular interest because my nephew is on one of the coaching staffs). I saw a number of linemen in the 260-285 range.

I do kinda want a postmortem game explanation from the guy who said OLSH would beat Canevin...

5 to 0 on turnovers but not the kind of turnovers that are like, chance opportunities.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT