ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Article Wright committed with "a sense of urgency"

Chris Peak

Lair Hall of Famer
Staff
Jun 19, 2004
When Kyi Wright announced his top three on Wednesday, he did so thinking that his commitment would come in a few weeks, probably sometime in July.

But by Thursday morning, the Farrell athlete looked at the recruiting landscape and decided to push up that timeline. So he called Pitt head coach Pat Narduzzi and committed to the Panthers.

https://pittsburgh.rivals.com/news/wright-committed-with-a-sense-of-urgency-

Watching his highlight videos ... his basic MO appears to be "Read - React - Strike violently".

According to the Ped st fans. Pitt oniy gets MAC recruits. Well once again the truth exposes how uneducated they really are about college football.

To a man, all our recruits have multiple P5 offers. Who cares if they are 3 stars or 4 stars. Show me their offer list. Then let’s see how well our staff recruits

When Kyi Wright announced his top three on Wednesday, he did so thinking that his commitment would come in a few weeks, probably sometime in July.

But by Thursday morning, the Farrell athlete looked at the recruiting landscape and decided to push up that timeline. So he called Pitt head coach Pat Narduzzi and committed to the Panthers.

https://pittsburgh.rivals.com/news/wright-committed-with-a-sense-of-urgency-
I think we will see him at TE and not at LB. This puts into question these other TE potential recruits that haven't made a decision yet. How many scholarships do we have left to hand out does anyone have an idea?

Reactions: gourdt
I think we will see him at TE and not at LB. This puts into question these other TE potential recruits that haven't made a decision yet. How many scholarships do we have left to hand out does anyone have an idea?

I wouldn’t say that yet.
1.) it’s only June, will all the current commits stay?
2.) Pitt is losing a lot of LB’s this year and have any of the underclassmen shown they are ready?

I really like Wright at LB and hope he gets a shot there.

Reactions: Parkview57
I wouldn’t say that yet.
1.) it’s only June, will all the current commits stay?
2.) Pitt is losing a lot of LB’s this year and have any of the underclassmen shown they are ready?

I really like Wright at LB and hope he gets a shot there.

Pine & Reynolds on an upward trajectory. Mckee won most improved defensive player. Nunn & Bright got hyped all spring. Already have 3 linebackers in the class. So no they haven't "shown" it yet but 4 linebackers in this class seems extreme. Especially since they look good for Keshun Brown.

Wright would be awesome at LB but hed also be the most athletic h-back/TE on the roster. Has the size & hitting ability to be a lead blocker & the speed to be effective as a pass catcher

Reactions: Parkview57
No inside information but have a hunch that Charles Reeves could go the way the staff went with Brian O’Neil and make him an o lineman. Both were athletic tight ends and basketball stars in high school and then converted at Pitt. It made Brian a millionaire . The fact that the staff brought in two veteran tight ends and their pursuit of high school tight ends is ongoing might point to this decision unless Reeves takes the field this year at tight end and excels.

^^I actually heard the same thing from another fan. Apparently Reaves is an exceptional blocker and is growing out of the TE position. The amount of TEs being brought on the roster could also suggest so, although it has become a position of need with recent departures there.

Pine & Reynolds on an upward trajectory. Mckee won most improved defensive player. Nunn & Bright got hyped all spring. Already have 3 linebackers in the class. So no they haven't "shown" it yet but 4 linebackers in this class seems extreme. Especially since they look good for Keshun Brown.

Wright would be awesome at LB but hed also be the most athletic h-back/TE on the roster. Has the size & hitting ability to be a lead blocker & the speed to be effective as a pass catcher

How many springs did Craig Bokor win most improved player?

And as I said, I don’t expect all of the commits that happened last weekend to stick.

^^I actually heard the same thing from another fan. Apparently Reaves is an exceptional blocker and is growing out of the TE position. The amount of TEs being brought on the roster could also suggest so, although it has become a position of need with recent departures there.
Actually I'm expecting one to two of the TE's recruited last year may decide to transfer out. Bringing in the Arkansas TE with 2 years left to play and the Ventura TE with 2 years to play after next year doesn't bode well for the trio recruited last season IMO.

According to the Ped st fans. Pitt oniy gets MAC recruits. Well once again the truth exposes how uneducated they really are about college football.

To a man, all our recruits have multiple P5 offers. Who cares if they are 3 stars or 4 stars. Show me their offer list. Then let’s see how well our staff recruits

From what I understand Michigan State only gets the same type of recruits as well. And they had had no problem having success nationally and against UPS when Duzz was there.

From what I understand Michigan State only gets the same type of recruits as well. And they had had no problem having success nationally and against UPS when Duzz was there.

Penn State didn't really recruit at a level above MSU when Narduzzi was there.
In MSU's playoff season, they were 23rd in 247's team recruit ranking calculator. Penn State was 21. They basically had no recruiting difference over the 4 year window.

I think we will see him at TE and not at LB.

Based on what? We now have some good depth at TE where you typically only have one on the field at a time, whereas we are always looking to build LB depth and need 3 on the field at a time. He is also a potential edge player at DE.

When Dantonio first arrived at MSU that was the case, although they always got one or two in-state studs. After Dantonio established a winning program, MSU started getting a much higher caliber of prospect there, including some 5 star kids and a whole bunch of 4s with offers from all the big boys.

Recent collective averages thru 2017 have UPS #20, MSU #30 and Pitt #34. Overall Pitt and MSU have been virtually identical in overall recruiting with UPS being a slightly better.

As HCPC's last couple of classes fall off Pitt should move up a bit.

When Dantonio first arrived at MSU that was the case, although they always got one or two in-state studs. After Dantonio established a winning program, MSU started getting a much higher caliber of prospect there, including some 5 star kids and a whole bunch of 4s with offers from all the big boys.

It’s nice to know Pitt has the 26th best class currently. With a handful of 4 stars we have a great chance of getting down the line.

Plus, this class we are expected to get at least 23 players. Which bodes well to getting this class even better.

Since history has proven Narduzzi’s best recruiting is late in the process. I could definitely see a top 25 class this year.

Let the Ped st enablers keep spewing their shit propaganda. Since they claim we recruit like a MAC school that has no chance against them this year

D'Antonio hit Ohio very hard. Same as Michigan, except that D'Antonio has been at MSU during the same stretch as Michigan having 4 head coaches.
People tend to overlook stability, but it matters to high school coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT