ADVERTISEMENT

WVU discussion

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Seeing we are a 1 point favorite. WVU isnt good but I dont think we are either. 2 5-7/6-6 type teams. On the road down there, its going to be tough.

Some interesting things:

Weakness vs Weakness: our G5 WR core vs their G5 secondary. Can our WRs get open against a secondary that WVU fans hate. Can Phil get it to them?

CJ Donaldson. He ran all over us last year and Kiner got anything he wanted most of the time so he scares me.

Garrett Greene vs our secondary. I think our secondary is pretty good and Greene is not.

Rodney Gallagher. I always said he was extremely overrated and it was a huge red flag that he couldn't will his LH team (who also had an FCS commit) to beat sh!t teams they play down there like Derry, Southmoreland, Mount Pleasant, etc. They were playing math geeks and still couldn't win. He couldn't beat out their G5 corners and safeties so they switched him to WR and he cant get on the field.

Our receivers couldn’t get open, our QB couldn’t pass the ball consistently the rare times when they did, and we especially couldn’t run effectively (our supposed strength) … against Wofford. Honestly, one of the worst opponents we’ve ever played. That’s the bottom line.

We were more effective against Cincinnati in the middle of the game only because they’d built a big lead and had taken their foot off the gas (accelerator, to you e-people). Once the game became endangered, they ran it down our throat to kill the last 4-5 minutes. Our D had surrendered by then. Another bad sign.

That all said, I don’t think WVU is well coached (whereas Cincinnati is better coached, as they always are). So they should be easier to beat on a neutral field…unfortunately though, this is anything but a neutral field. Jump on top of them somehow, silence the crowd, that’s the best (only) chance. If the reverse happens, we’re dead again before the half is over. A game of attrition that comes down to Jurk making a clutch throw… well, I think we saw how that went on the critical third down and fourth down on Saturday. 3rd: Horrible short hop throw to a wide open Mump; 4th: taking an unforgivable sack. That’s Jurk. That adds up to an L.

Reactions: Hayekr
I could see any scenario playing out: A blowout, a close game, or anything in between with either team coming out on top.

But if we lose, we're absolutely not finishing better than 4-8. This isn't last season, when we were more talented than all but maybe two teams on the schedule. It's the opposite from here on out.

Seeing we are a 1 point favorite. WVU isnt good but I dont think we are either. 2 5-7/6-6 type teams. On the road down there, its going to be tough.

Some interesting things:

Weakness vs Weakness: our G5 WR core vs their G5 secondary. Can our WRs get open against a secondary that WVU fans hate. Can Phil get it to them?

CJ Donaldson. He ran all over us last year and Kiner got anything he wanted most of the time so he scares me.

Garrett Greene vs our secondary. I think our secondary is pretty good and Greene is not.

Rodney Gallagher. I always said he was extremely overrated and it was a huge red flag that he couldn't will his LH team (who also had an FCS commit) to beat sh!t teams they play down there like Derry, Southmoreland, Mount Pleasant, etc. They were playing math geeks and still couldn't win. He couldn't beat out their G5 corners and safeties so they switched him to WR and he cant get on the field.
As usual you have no idea what you’re talking about. Laurel Highlands played none of those teams you mentioned.

Reactions: Gunga_Galunga
I could see any scenario playing out: A blowout, a close game, or anything in between with either team coming out on top.

But if we lose, we're absolutely not finishing better than 4-8. This isn't last season, when we were more talented than all but maybe two teams on the schedule. It's the opposite from here on out.
That’s really the gist. We might get better, especially the run game as the OL gels (it’s more jelly at the moment). But the schedule gets much harder. I said 8-4 at the beginning, 7-5 after Wof, 5-7 after Cincy, and a loss in this game (with the team looking just as bad), may force a further recalibration downward. I do think Duz best attribute is keeping a team together in adversity, so this will be quite a test for him.

Sorry boys, but Pitt loses this one by 2+ TD's. WVU will rush for 200+ yds and Greene will account for at least 75 of those. While he is not a proficient passer, the kid has serious wheels. While Pitt is paying close attention to Donaldson, Greene will run wild. WVU's OL will dominate Pitt's DL this year.

38-17 > WVU

Sorry boys, but Pitt loses this one by 2+ TD's. WVU will rush for 200+ yds and Greene will account for at least 75 of those. While he is not a proficient passer, the kid has serious wheels. While Pitt is paying close attention to Donaldson, Greene will run wild. WVU's OL will dominate Pitt's DL this year.

38-17 > WVU
ok, well if you say so, i guess there is nothing left to be said about it..

but just in case, lets just go ahead and play the game anyways. i mean you predicted the outcome and all but just for sh*ts and giggles, just go ahead and play it regardless. people already bought tickets and all, and think about the concession workers too..

38-17 > WVU

I feel like this bait might have worked in a year when expectations were a little higher around here. But upon seeing that our quarterback throws punts, I don't think you'll find much fun retaliation banter on this one.

Reactions: pittmeister
Was their schedule much more difficult? Ringgold?
They split the section title with TJ and McKeesport. They played Belle Vernon out of section. They beat West A in the playoffs. Their section did have Ringgold, but to act as if they beat up on nothing but AA cream puffs is completely inaccurate. I’m a Connellsville guy and I hate LH, but as usual you are just wrong.

Reactions: singregardless
As usual you have no idea what you’re talking about. Laurel Highlands played none of those teams you mentioned.
I was at the LH McKeesport game last year and he was basically invisible. The same holds true with any P4 recruit, if you’re going to a big school, you better be a top 3 player in every HS game you play in.

In HS, we played Belle Vernon and a kid who went to Michigan named Scott McClintock. We at Valley had Donny Booker at the time an Arizona State recruit. Donny was the best player on that field that night, and we beat the holy hell out of McClintock.

38-17 > WVU
Sorry dude… The Cincy debacle took the fight right out of the fan base…. You win….

I was at the LH McKeesport game last year and he was basically invisible. The same holds true with any P4 recruit, if you’re going to a big school, you better be a top 3 player in every HS game you play in.

In HS, we played Belle Vernon and a kid who went to Michigan named Scott McClintock. We at Valley had Donny Booker at the time an Arizona State recruit. Donny was the best player on that field that night, and we beat the holy hell out of McClintock.
This I can agree with. He was good, but he didn’t jump out. My son played against him in football and basketball and thought he should have played basketball

" He couldn't beat out their G5 corners and safeties so they switched him to WR and he cant get on the field"

Where in the world did you get that???? Not even close

We looked like shit last week but WVU doesn’t look like anything either…

Just win the f&cking footballing game for Christs sake

We looked like shit last week but WVU doesn’t look like anything either…

Just win the f&cking footballing game for Christs sake

Rocky Rocky2 GIF - Rocky Rocky2 Win GIFs

Reactions: DruidTM
I give WVU the edge in this one since they are home, but, mostly because their OL is far superior to our vastly overated 5th and 6th year seniors.

Their O line and Donaldson will be a prob for Pitt since we seem unable to stop the run. They’ll prob possess the ball 35-40 mins. Not very optimistic; it’s a bad match up for Pitt.

Kick his sister in the chin..

Hey Oh.. i love this crowd.. im here all week folks.
What did the hoopie's girlfriend say when she broke up with him? Don't worry, we can still be cousins.

How do you know if she's still a virgin? She can run faster than her brothers and all her cousins.

What's the most difficult job in all of west virginia?

The coroner.

Everyone only has two front teeth and all the dead bodies share the same DNA

Reactions: WillyDavis33
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT