ADVERTISEMENT

WVU thoughts

Jeffburgh

Chancellor
Gold Member
Jul 5, 2001
It took about three minutes of watching one video of Oscar Tshiebwe's video back when I first watched it when Pitt was recruiting him to know he was an S T U D. Gosh darn, he is a fun guy to watch, old school post player, almost put me to mind of a taller Brian Shorter.

I LONG ago had a real appreciation for Huggy as a coach. He gets talent, he plays a tough physical game and just knows how to put a team together. Did not feel too good about the matchup, they just had too much inside AND some wings returning. Pretty good gig being a coach on a team with the kind of post talent he has that also can drop 8 three pointers on you and play in your face defense. Rebounding edge was 53 to 36.

They simply were a better team.

First game Murphy was slowed down.

Just calling balls and strikes with Brown, said he played perhaps his best game when he should have and did dominate RMU, then he comes out against WVU and looks like the Brown who we too often have seen. Obviously he is not going to effortlessly dominate WVU, but as a junior he had to be COMPETITIVE against them at least, and was so overwhelmed the announces called him out and HCJC dusted off AKC (who looked surprisingly competitive and actually broke the glass and put George out there.

Hamilton has a little more to work with, but is beginning to make me pine for Kene.

People's assessments of X and to Trey are not incorrect, though Trey has shown more flashes. Again, balls and strikes. Still believe they will pull it together. People are not wrong that Toney is a hot mess.

JC looked like he belonged, still a fresh four games in, but he played his game and you saw the promise.

Drumgoole has a role, but again, just does not look like he can really do much to help this year.

Last year you could see HCJC building the team up for ACC play throughout the OCS. He just kept adding things game to game. But, this OCS has been a lot trickier, it isn't half a dozen cupcakes to build the team up.

Now, he isn't starting from scratch like he was last year, but like it is most times there is a new mix of players to pull together, and still more youth than is optimal.

They have two modest opponents to work some things out, but then have another tricky game against K State. This OCS just is doing no favors for a younger team in need of a normal build it up kind of OCS to prepare for league play.

Probably going to be more ups and downs ...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News