ADVERTISEMENT

Young Pitt beat Old Pitt

I’m shocked that you guys weren’t bullish on Cummings. I’ve felt all along that he could have an impact as significant as Lowe’s. While many were worried about the roster make-up before it was completed, I was quite comfortable with Cummings having a significant role. Now that the roster is complete, Cummings may not need to be leaned on in the same way Lowe was and we may not see a freaky breakout season…but the kid has the “it” that this program needs, whether it’s this year or next.
Oh, he can play. Much more polished in every way than Nelly was when he first got here. May struggle defensively in switches but that’s to be expected.

I’m shocked that you guys weren’t bullish on Cummings. I’ve felt all along that he could have an impact as significant as Lowe’s. While many were worried about the roster make-up before it was completed, I was quite comfortable with Cummings having a significant role. Now that the roster is complete, Cummings may not need to be leaned on in the same way Lowe was and we may not see a freaky breakout season…but the kid has the “it” that this program needs, whether it’s this year or next.
I was bullish on him, but was thinking he’d be about a year away. He has the “it” factor for sure.

I was bullish on him, but was thinking he’d be about a year away. He has the “it” factor for sure.
Yeah I just couldn’t believe in the spring that virtually no one on this board other than me had him as a day 1 solution in our rotation or even in the starting lineup. But Lowe and Bub were overlooked too last year, including by myself.

I think it’s beautiful though that the roster is now constructed in a way that we don’t need to lean on him like we did with Bub and Jaland. Kudos to JC and staff for improving this program year by year.

We probably have an 80% chance to win the first game, a 40% chance to win the following against the Best Virginia team, and a 10% chance to beat the UConn team after that.

I just saw the bracket for our region and, yeah, they pretty clearly are trying to set up
Pitt/WV in round 2 and likely hoping we make the final against UConn’s team from an interest/attendance perspective

I've never got around to signing up. Guess I should do it soon.
Yes @DT_PITT we need every rapid Pitt fan to be involved in this insane NIL world. Jeff Goldberg, Doug Whaley and John Pelusi are working diligently to keep Pitt relevant in this current cesspool of a system.

Reactions: jctrack
Oh, I completely agree. I was blown away by Delalic's quick release and vision from the moment Jim and Chris shared his film on here. I think he's a star in the making. I'm just really excited at the idea of Pitt having legitimate depth pieces in Cummings, Dunn, and Austin/Corhen.
This is the first time in the JC era where we have all the pieces in place for a complete roster. As much as I have high expectations for Cummings and Delalic, finally having a legit center in Corhen should really, really help us.

Yes @DT_PITT we need every rapid Pitt fan to be involved in this insane NIL world. Jeff Goldberg, Doug Whaley and John Pelusi are working diligently to keep Pitt relevant in this current cesspool of a system.

I just think of it as a Panther Club donation. Instead of paying for new lockers, you pay the players. Unfortunately, you still have to donate to the PC to get season tickets but Pitt bball tickets in certain sections are a good value. I had to sell 4 or 5 ACC games last year due to youth bball and I was getting top dollar.

I am on record saying he will play in the NBA. Saw him play live in HS and that's all I needed to see. He is as complete as you can be for a non-Mickey D's kid. I dont understand how he wasnt Top 50. The kid had mad handle, is a great shooter, and athletic as all get-out throwing down highlight reel dunks. Another big W for me coming but unfortunately another L for BballinsiderfromPepperdine

Oh, he can play. Much more polished in every way than Nelly was when he first got here. May struggle defensively in switches but that’s to be expected.
More polished as a freshman who hasn't played a college game than a guy who was a 3 year college starter when he got to Pitt?

More polished as a freshman who hasn't played a college game than a guy who was a 3 year college starter when he got to Pitt?
If you remember Nelly’s first few games at Pitt, he looked rattled and out of control. Beebah looked like he fit right in last night, although it was only a practice. Didn’t try to do too much.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
If you remember Nelly’s first few games at Pitt, he looked rattled and out of control. Beebah looked like he fit right in last night, although it was only a practice. Didn’t try to do too much.

In Nelly's first 7 games last year, he averaged 7.9 PPG and shot 20% (6-30) from three. And quite frankly, he even looked overmatched at times.

But much like the rest of the team, he put it altogether in the Northwestern game, and from that point on for the final 29 games, he averaged 11.9 PPG and shot 39% from three.

In Nelly's first 7 games last year, he averaged 7.9 PPG and shot 20% (6-30) from three. And quite frankly, he even looked overmatched at times.

But much like the rest of the team, he put it altogether in the Northwestern game, and from that point on for the final 29 games, he averaged 11.9 PPG and shot 39% from three.
Yeah. Beebah played under control and hit shots. I love Nelly. He’s the catalyst for our recent resurgence. I just think Beebah looked better than Nelly did those first 7 games. Longer, better shot, under control.

Yeah. Beebah played under control and hit shots. I love Nelly. He’s the catalyst for our recent resurgence. I just think Beebah looked better than Nelly did those first 7 games. Longer, better shot, under control.
Very effusive praise from Dunn towards Beebah today. Basically said that he’s so talented that the sky’s the limit, and he can get to wherever he wants to be.

He’s obviously gonna pump up his teammate’s tires, but it was definitely high praise.

Artis, Sibande, Young, Cummings, Luther

Elliott and Lamar Patterson on the bench.

Sibande played the best out of all of them I thought.
I think I’d give the slight edge to Artis, but I thought they both were comfortably the best players on the floor for a decent chunk of their minutes.

I think we'll need to see how he plays in an actual college basketball game first, as opposed to these minimally structured/reffed/coached glorified scrimmages.

But it's certainly a positive that he looks good already.

Yeah this kid is as smooth as butter and will be a very high level CBB player and has NBA potential as his body fills out. Very underrated - H2P

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT