ADVERTISEMENT

Youngstown State vs Duquense

Pitt4Life34

Chancellor
Gold Member
Nov 5, 2002
Pittsburgh
I didn’t put an OT on the thread because I’m gonna give my opinion on the team coming to play Pitt Saturday.

First, how bout those Dukes!!! Possibly the best win in school history. Youngstown St had superior material. They weren’t ready to play. Got out coached ridiculously. I would compare the Duquesne win with the Youngstown St victory over Pitt in 2012. The material on one side of the ball was significantly better than the other side but the other side was more prepared and hungrier. As you may or may not know Mickey, my son, is the Defensive Coordinator for Duquesne. The game was 17-14 YSU at half. Duquesne was leading 28-17 with like 2:30 left in the game until they gave up the dreaded prevent TD with 10 seconds left. The adjustments Mick made was more Tampa 2 with press. Sound familiar!!! 5, 6 man rush at all times with one stunt after another lol. Sound familiar!!! It looked like Duzz was in the press box calling the game. Take away the gift 80 yards to end the game and the Defensive effort was a hair short of a miracle.

So now YSU goes to Pitt. They have a big OL that can lean on a DL a bit. The RBs didn’t appear to be explosive. The WRs are appropriate for that level but shouldn’t prove to be tough match ups. The QB is a bit of an issue. He’s a great athlete. On the smaller side but a heck of an athlete. He’ll run early and often. He’s eyes go down so if there’s pressure he’s outa there. He can deliver a ball but not a huge passing threat. I feel comfortable stating the YSU offense won’t earn more than 14-17 points. Now if Pitt hands them turnovers and good field position who knows. On defense Pitt should pop them for 35+. DL is nothing special. LBs are kinda that level appropriate. DBs are ok but not anything special. S Hall does start for them and did make some solid plays. I’d say I noticed 3-5 solid plays from him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.