ADVERTISEMENT

Your Nomination For Program on the Ropes

Chryst? How?

Wisky is a very good program but they will never be a CFP team or a NC contender.

As for Day, he inherited Urban's Lamborghini. Let's see where that program is when it's all Day's own-if he sticks around that long. He's an east coast guy with no Ohio roots and he has future NFL HC written all over him. There will be numerous openings in the NFL as usual, and his name will be in the mix for all of them.
Yeah, but at least he is managing the curves and speed of the Lamborghini. Foge inherited Jackie's and immediately hit the wall putting it in 3rd gear.

Chryst? How?

Wisky is a very good program but they will never be a CFP team or a NC contender.

As for Day, he inherited Urban's Lamborghini. Let's see where that program is when it's all Day's own-if he sticks around that long. He's an east coast guy with no Ohio roots and he has future NFL HC written all over him. There will be numerous openings in the NFL as usual, and his name will be in the mix for all of them.

I said Chryst could get there (meaning he could be considered one of the top 5 best in the game with a few BIG titles and appearances in the CFB. He could accomplish both this year. His winning % at Wisconsin is impressive and showing no signs of letting up. We will see if he is able to avoid stubbing their toe prior to the BIG Title game, they’ve been unable to accomplish that in the past. I personally believe Chryst is one of the best minds in the game, personality notwithstanding. And yes, he has the wisdom with Alvarez being right there too, which is an enormous help and works (I think) because Chryst doesn’t have a huge ego and he just simply loves the game.

I think it’s hard to gauge with Day but he has to be there for a while first, so I agree with you.. Of course we could said it is easy to win at OSU, and it is, but having consistency winning double digit games annually, with BIG titles and CFB appearances isn’t necessarily easy.

I think this is right, the only coaches presently coaching with a title (or more) are: Dabo, Saban, Jimbo, Mack Brown, and Orgeron. Right?

I said Chryst could get there (meaning he could be considered one of the top 5 best in the game with a few BIG titles and appearances in the CFB. He could accomplish both this year. His winning % at Wisconsin is impressive and showing no signs of letting up. We will see if he is able to avoid stubbing their toe prior to the BIG Title game, they’ve been unable to accomplish that in the past. I personally believe Chryst is one of the best minds in the game, personality notwithstanding. And yes, he has the wisdom with Alvarez being right there too, which is an enormous help and works (I think) because Chryst doesn’t have a huge ego and he just simply loves the game.

I think it’s hard to gauge with Day but he has to be there for a while first, so I agree with you.. Of course we could said it is easy to win at OSU, and it is, but having consistency winning double digit games annually, with BIG titles and CFB appearances isn’t necessarily easy.

I think this is right, the only coaches presently coaching with a title (or more) are: Dabo, Saban, Jimbo, Mack Brown, and Orgeron. Right?
Don't forget the Mad Hatter. He may get there yet again at KU on the strength of that Thomas MacVittie-led offensive juggernaut they've got there.

LEAD_MIles_Les_Speech_08182018.0.jpg

Reactions: JSSTartan
Its PSU, they're going to go winless this year and the players will leave the program. Franklin is killing that program

I was going for Steve Pederson, but this will work.
Steve’s been gone from there almost 15 years. He’s not and never was the issue (at both Nebr

The elephant in the room with Nebraska is that they were some of the biggest cheaters in all of college football under Father Tom Osborne. half of their team back in those days couldn't gain admission to a bad community college let alone a 4 year school. Ozzy was basically running The Longest Yard in Lincoln all those years.
This is the correct answer, that Tom Osborne is no longer really involved with the program

I suspect something similar will happen to Wisconsin once Barry Alvarez completely leaves for good

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
My bet is Nebraska ends up like an Iowa.
Above average 80% of the time with a Big Ten championship caliber team every 5 years.

Steve’s been gone from there almost 15 years. He’s not and never was the issue (at both Nebr

This is the correct answer, that Tom Osborne is no longer really involved with the program

I suspect something similar will happen to Wisconsin once Barry Alvarez completely leaves for good
Maybe, but BA never did it dirty. The same cannot be said for Congressman Osborne.

As bad as they've been, Tennessee is the one, "once great" program that is probably in worse shape.
I don’t see UT turning this around anytime soon. Athletic department now struggling financially. How can they afford to do anything but stick with Pruitt.
no QB on roster worth anything. And playing solid opponents who will only get better.

Reactions: pittdan77
BA was at ND before Wisky and learned some tricks of the trade from Lou Holtz. BA isn't squeaky clean.
he's in the top 1% of ethical cleanliness in P5. Clean enough to drive Gary Andersen out of town because of BA's self-imposed elevated admission standards for athletes, and his distaste for the JUCOs that Andersen started to bring in.

But since he spent 3 years on Lou Holtz's staff in the 80s, he must be a cheater despite no evidence of scandal or impropriety in his 40 years in the business.

Got it.

i dont get how one can think FSU is on the ropes?

The Taggart thing wasnt working. Instead of keeping him because he is on contract (something that Pitt would certainly consider), A wealthy alum steps up and buys him out.

Then, the guy they bring in has been there for 8 games in a Covid infested season. Not 3 years. 8 games.

and some of you think the program is done. This is one of the more ridiculous things I have read here in a while and thats saying something.

FSU has donors. FSU has a commitment to football and FSU has recruits in their back yard.

On the ropes......freaking hilarious.

FSU is an easy choice because they are a name program that just flat out lacks talent. I am not sure they are a true blue-blood though. They were an irrelevant program for many decades who didn't accomplish much until the 1990s. They had an incredible run for about 15 years, and then were still elite for much of the following decade, but they may spend the next 20 years reminiscing about their glory years.

Michigan is not a good football team in terms of coaching, preparation, and game plan, but they still have talent. They had the 2nd most NFL draft picks last year. The right coach have them at 10+ wins in 2 years.

How about Nebraska for a program on the ropes. I know they held on to beat Akron last week, but the were a dominant program for almost 50 years from the 1960s into the 2000s. They haven't had a first round NFL draft pick in 10 years. In 2019, they had ZERO players selected in the NFL draft. Last year, they had two player selected in the draft, in the 6th and 7th rounds. They have had 3 straight losing seasons and look like they may a have 4th this year. Arrow pointing down!

Three national championships over 30 years (and competing for several others) equates to them being a blue blood. And I think their status as an elite program began in the mid-80s when they were regularly beating the likes of Nebraska and Oklahoma.

FSU's problem is one of geography and pedigree. The university was small until the 60s-70s (much smaller alumni base than other schools) and is in the middle of absolutely nowhere (I know as it's my hometown). It's a program that was punching above its weight for decades with great coaching/recruiting but terrible facilities. The university has grown to match the program but it still struggles to keep up.

I do think FSU will be relevant again but they need to give Norvell full support and $$$ (something they never gave Fisher) and time (something they never gave Taggart).

Reactions: WVUinColumbus
The lady that invented SPANX (ask your wife or girlfriend) is an FSU alum that paid for the Taggart buyout.

She also had a cameo in Billions doing business with Bobby Axelrod in one scene in season 4, I think.

Reactions: APanther
Florida St is not a football blue blood. Also, its biggest problem (from someone close to Jimbo) was that FSU is located in Tallahassee (Government interference). Gainesville is MUCH more of a blue blood. Anyone who has been to both would see it in an instant.

Jimbo tried to up the game in Tallahassee...to no avail. Correctly runs off to East TX.

Florida St is not a football blue blood. Also, its biggest problem (from someone close to Jimbo) was that FSU is located in Tallahassee (Government interference). Gainesville is MUCH more of a blue blood. Anyone who has been to both would see it in an instant.

Jimbo tried to up the game in Tallahassee...to no avail. Correctly runs off to East TX.

I guess much like tOSU in Cbus, it LSU in Baton Rouge

Yea,

State Government....that's a death knell.

Your buddy close to Jimbo is a blithering fool.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy

You’ve got to be kidding me. FSU had a continued period of excellence unlike anything we’ve seen in the last 50 years.

Im going to assume you‘re a really young guy,

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
he's in the top 1% of ethical cleanliness in P5. Clean enough to drive Gary Andersen out of town because of BA's self-imposed elevated admission standards for athletes, and his distaste for the JUCOs that Andersen started to bring in.

But since he spent 3 years on Lou Holtz's staff in the 80s, he must be a cheater despite no evidence of scandal or impropriety in his 40 years in the business.

Got it.
Your a total goon who doesn't know alot that goes on behind the scenes. Madison in the winter is such a recruiting tool. Please read Under The Tarnished Dome and get an education. Those 3 years with Holtz is plenty enough to learn. Evidence? Your so naive it's pathetic.

Last edited:
Your a total goon who doesn't know alot that goes on behind the scenes. Madison in the winter is such a recruiting tool. Please read Under The Tarnished Dome and get an education. Those 3 years with Holtz is plenty enough to learn. Evidence? Your so naive it's pathetic.
Ah the self-proclaimed Putt football “insider” has spoken. Why don’t you list every single one of Alvarez’s transgressions, scandals and NCAA violations for me. Tell me what’s really been going on with his program “behind the scenes” for the past 20 years.

Oh yeah that’s right-he just hasn’t been caught. But we know he’s dirty because he worked for Lou Holtz 30 years ago. And apparently Madison is cold in winter-and that’s evidence of what again? Let let me see if I can connect your dots-nobody would want to play at Wisky because it’s cold in the winter, therefore Wisky must be paying players to even be able to field a competitive team. Do I have that right?

Do you ever offer any facts to support your idiotic conclusions?

How would you know who cheats and who don't if they don't get caught?
Maybe BA is the biggest cheater in the world. But there are no facts or evidence to support that conclusion, are there? Or maybe you’re the one guy with all the behind the scenes dirt on the Wisconsin football program.

I guess much like tOSU in Cbus, it LSU in Baton Rouge

Yea,

State Government....that's a death knell.

Your buddy close to Jimbo is a blithering fool.
I’m not inferring that the intersection of state governments in capital cities and the institutions that reside there necessarily equals “messiness” or chaos, in general.

I’m saying that IS the case with FSU and Tallahassee. I’d advise you to perform some review/research of this specific institution at the time (and the 1-2 years prior) of Jimbo’s departure. It was a mess and remains so today.

I’m not inferring that the intersection of state governments in capital cities and the institutions that reside there necessarily equals “messiness” or chaos, in general.

I’m saying that IS the case with FSU and Tallahassee. I’d advise you to perform some review/research of this specific institution at the time (and the 1-2 years prior) of Jimbo’s departure. It was a mess and remains so today.
FSU won 3 National Titles from 1993-2013 and were one of the most successful programs in the country from 1977 - 2016. That is all the research I need and I saw it with my own eyes. They will be able to return to prominence under a good head coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarshallGoldberg
Ah the self-proclaimed Putt football “insider” has spoken. Why don’t you list every single one of Alvarez’s transgressions, scandals and NCAA violations for me. Tell me what’s really been going on with his program “behind the scenes” for the past 20 years.

Oh yeah that’s right-he just hasn’t been caught. But we know he’s dirty because he worked for Lou Holtz 30 years ago. And apparently Madison is cold in winter-and that’s evidence of what again? Let let me see if I can connect your dots-nobody would want to play at Wisky because it’s cold in the winter, therefore Wisky must be paying players to even be able to field a competitive team. Do I have that right?

Do you ever offer any facts to support your idiotic conclusions?
I do have great inside sources close to Pitt athletics and have been right several times and owe you nothing. At least I share some good information. What in the hell do you bring to this board besides nothing? Yeah I'm sure BA and Wisky will call the newspapers and tell them they cheated to get recruits etc. You have zero common sense and are gullible. Your pathetic

Maybe BA is the biggest cheater in the world. But there are no facts or evidence to support that conclusion, are there? Or maybe you’re the one guy with all the behind the scenes dirt on the Wisconsin football program.
There were no facts or evidence that Jerry Sandusky was a child predator until years later it was proven.

FSU won 3 National Titles from 1993-2013 and were one of the most successful programs in the country from 1977 - 2016. That is all the research I need and I saw it with my own eyes. They will be able to return to prominence under a good head coach.
I’m not debating any of that. However, they had a top 3 coach and let him get away because too many parties had to play the power broker route. It’s FSU’s fault, not Jimbo’s. FSU is dumb for letting him get away....along with the success he brought to the program.

First off, Florida State is more of a "blueblood" than Florida the last 50 years. I know this, Jimbo had a problem with one of the bigger boosters, and I think had marital issues (remember Columbus, I am a WV Insider, I am friends and worked with his cousins, he is from Clarksburg, I worked in Clarksburg) and I know wanted some upgrades to facilities and staff salaries.

The problem with the move. At FSU the path to the top 10 and sustenance is much easier. At A&M, despite all the resources, and they have never been shy to throw money around starting with taking Jackie Sherrill from us, but nothing has ever paid off for A&M as far as making them a national power. They have had good teams, but most years, they find themselves battling for 3rd place in the SEC West, and if the cards are right, like this year, maybe 2nd place. But an Alabama or LSU and sometimes Auburn is always there to leap over.

I think A&M screwed up by going to the SEC.

Reactions: JSSTartan
First off, Florida State is more of a "blueblood" than Florida the last 50 years. I know this, Jimbo had a problem with one of the bigger boosters, and I think had marital issues (remember Columbus, I am a WV Insider, I am friends and worked with his cousins, he is from Clarksburg, I worked in Clarksburg) and I know wanted some upgrades to facilities and staff salaries.

The problem with the move. At FSU the path to the top 10 and sustenance is much easier. At A&M, despite all the resources, and they have never been shy to throw money around starting with taking Jackie Sherrill from us, but nothing has ever paid off for A&M as far as making them a national power. They have had good teams, but most years, they find themselves battling for 3rd place in the SEC West, and if the cards are right, like this year, maybe 2nd place. But an Alabama or LSU and sometimes Auburn is always there to leap over.

I think A&M screwed up by going to the SEC.

It's pretty interesting how Nebraska and A&M have struggled moving away in opposite directions from the Big 12. Which itself is in this weird rut where Texas is disdained for its Longhorn network revenue deal but Oklahoma generally just wins the conference every year anyway. Personally I miss the Big 8 and the SWC. Kept the corn teams together and the Texas teams together.

:)
The next thing he'll tell you, Owtie, is that because you're a Pitt fan, you have never been to a WVU game, and call you a liar. That's this fool's M. O.

Bobby left Jimbo with a Blue Blood from the start of his tenure at FSU.

There were no facts or evidence that Jerry Sandusky was a child predator until years later it was proven.

Yes and Sandusky was innocent until proven guilty and that was for child rape. I think we should offer Alverz the same courtesy for at worst cheating in recruiting (which everyone does, only the degree and ability to get away with it differs), before you trash his name.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT