ADVERTISEMENT

Zion is Back

Guys like him should be allowed to enter the draft out of HS. Change it to 18 yrs of age.

Selfishly I want to see these guys playing college ball but it's just not fair to them. Also, allow guys to play college ball if they hire an agent but go undrafted.

Reactions: BFo8
Selfishly I want to see these guys playing college ball but it's just not fair to them. Also, allow guys to play college ball if they hire an agent but go undrafted.
Doesn't that kinda mess up recruiting and filling needs -- if you let "represented" players return to their collegiate teams?

He is amazing. Hoping my Bulls can suck enough the rest of the year to have a shot at drafting him.

he is the most fun college player to watch play in a very long time.

Reactions: HOF Coach
I wonder how much money ESPN has made off of Zion this year? I know that's impossible to figure out but it's amazing that everyone can make money off of these kids but the kids themselves.
These poor athletes ... I really am tired of this argument. They do get paid - they get free tuition, room and board worth thousands of dollars AND money to live on where the average student does not. What does an average college student get -- $100,000 in debt?
Let's take it further ... What do the fans get? They are paying through the nose for higher tuition for their children and thousands of dollars for season tickets -- and on a smaller level, get fleeced for an $8 Coke and a $5 soft pretzel that cost pennies to produce. Come on! It's driving fans away and has been for years now. That $ amount they want to pay to players has to get passed onto someone, and it WILL BE the fans. Sports are over-saturated right now -- lower the price of admission for everyone, lower the cost of tuition to make it affordable again.
Football and Basketball foot the bill for TITLE IX sports too at most every university -- if you start paying men's football and basketball players, women's sports will get cut -- they just dont pack the fanny's in the seats that men's sports do. If you're a basketball player, SELECT contract is now available for the G League -- it pays the athlete $125,000 to play there. If you don't think free room, board and tuition are enough, there are literally THOUSANDS of kids that would kill for that opportunity to play for their favorite university. I think most fans go to support their school -- not to support some kid that's going to spend a year here as a rent-a-player then bolt for the pros. It's a nice try by these AAU wranglers, but in my opinion --- they can get bent.

These poor athletes ... I really am tired of this argument. They do get paid - they get free tuition, room and board worth thousands of dollars AND money to live on where the average student does not. What does an average college student get -- $100,000 in debt?
Let's take it further ... What do the fans get? They are paying through the nose for higher tuition for their children and thousands of dollars for season tickets -- and on a smaller level, get fleeced for an $8 Coke and a $5 soft pretzel that cost pennies to produce. Come on! It's driving fans away and has been for years now. That $ amount they want to pay to players has to get passed onto someone, and it WILL BE the fans. Sports are over-saturated right now -- lower the price of admission for everyone, lower the cost of tuition to make it affordable again.
Football and Basketball foot the bill for TITLE IX sports too at most every university -- if you start paying men's football and basketball players, women's sports will get cut -- they just dont pack the fanny's in the seats that men's sports do. If you're a basketball player, SELECT contract is now available for the G League -- it pays the athlete $125,000 to play there. If you don't think free room, board and tuition are enough, there are literally THOUSANDS of kids that would kill for that opportunity to play for their favorite university. I think most fans go to support their school -- not to support some kid that's going to spend a year here as a rent-a-player then bolt for the pros. It's a nice try by these AAU wranglers, but in my opinion --- they can get bent.

hear, hear

Reactions: passedout
I wonder how much money ESPN has made off of Zion this year? I know that's impossible to figure out but it's amazing that everyone can make money off of these kids but the kids themselves.
Dukes a large draw on the road anyway , but the kids made everyone associated with Duke bb piles of money .

He is amazing. Hoping my Bulls can suck enough the rest of the year to have a shot at drafting him.

he is the most fun college player to watch play in a very long time.
And to think ... the knock on him was is that his basketball skills are not yet fully developed!

Reactions: freddietee511
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT