ADVERTISEMENT

Zion Williamson

cease10

Sophomore
Oct 17, 2009
Does he remind anyone else of DeJuan Blair?

Zion seems a lot more explosive and seems to play facing the basket a lot more, but I do see a lot similarities to Blair.

I don’t remember Blair sporting a 45 inch vertical either, or possessing that kind of handle.

Williamson one of those guys that has NBA superstar written all over him.

Sorry but I as a 6 foot unathletic white guy resmeble Blair more than Zion Williamson.

But to each their own.

Guess it's just me then. I see glimpses of Dejuan though.

Dixon just held back some of Blair's skills and regulated him to down low only. :rolleyes:

The scary thing about Duke is Barrett is probably a tad better. If Barrett and Williamson stay healthy and keep progressing, then they will be NBA All-Stars down the line.

Williamson is more similar to LeBron at the same age than DeJuan.

My post was deleted because I said this guy is on steroids...Nothing against Duke. If they run the table fine by me. If Duke won the National Tttle fine be me. Go Acc Zion Williamson is on massive steroids. This player is a massive juicer. Mr Steroird Zion Williamson

I’ve never, even lebron, seen a guy that big make some of the cuts he does. It looked like he was a 5’ 10” guard

Zion W is shorter than Lebron. He is 6-7. Lebron, I believe, is 6-9. FWIW, the TV announcer mentioned that Zion was a point guard (and a very good one) until he had a high school growth spurt. That explains his ball skills.

In another thread, I said Zion reminded me a little of D'Juan Blair. But, I also said he was Blair "with point guard skills added on top." So, I can see some partial comparison to Blair--especially the long reach and massive girth in proportion to his height--meaning Zion in the frontcourt. as did Blair, plays like a much taller guy than his 6-7 height. Recall that Blair, at about 6-6, played like he was 6-10 due to his long reach, width and strength. Of course, Blair didn't have Zion's point guard ball skills and although he had good hops for a guy his size did not have a 45" vertical.

Last edited:
Reactions: cease10
He's pretty awesome. I'm just glad he is going to take full advantage of that one semester Duke education.
Perfect example of the folly of the one and done. These kids don't belong in college nor do they want to be in college. Hopefully that one and done will be one more and done. Let these kids pursue their future out of high school like anyone else.

Perfect example of the folly of the one and done. These kids don't belong in college nor do they want to be in college. Hopefully that one and done will be one more and done. Let these kids pursue their future out of high school like anyone else.

And I didn't say that to disparage the kid.

He's using a system that is set up. He's using the system that would use him and spit him out. I just think it was sad when they put up that graphic during the game that showed how many players Kentucky and Duke have had drafted after their freshman seasons, I think since 2010, or something.

It showed that the whole student-athlete crap for these basketball factories is just that, crap.

My post was deleted because I said this guy is on steroids...Nothing against Duke. If they run the table fine by me. If Duke won the National Tttle fine be me. Go Acc Zion Williamson is on massive steroids. This player is a massive juicer. Mr Steroird Zion Williamson
He has always had that build Steel.

He's pretty awesome. I'm just glad he is going to take full advantage of that one semester Duke education.

Next year, a guy like him could make $125K in the D-league. Could he make more than that at Duke or Kentucky, maybe but the going rate seems to be 100K, tax-free though.

Crazy thing is if Zion Williamson joined the NBA today, he'd be the second heaviest active player (after 7'3" Marjonovich.)

I've never seen a 275 pound basketball player move like him. Hopefully it doesn't mean his ankles explode or something. Shaq always had those incredible knees of steel.

Next year, a guy like him could make $125K in the D-league. Could he make more than that at Duke or Kentucky, maybe but the going rate seems to be 100K, tax-free though.
The important part of the D-league deal is that they will be able to get that shoe money right out of high school, legally and at their true value.

Reactions: MarshallGoldberg
The important part of the D-league deal is that they will be able to get that shoe money right out of high school, legally and at their true value.

Yep. And they can hire an NBA agent right away.

Still, there is some real glitz to taking private jets and playing at Duke or Kentucky for a year.

Didn't think of the shoe deal. Thing is it might be better for them to get their name out their at Duke or UK playing on national tv every night for their future shoe deal.

Reactions: Purdue_Panther
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT