ADVERTISEMENT

Zoom Call

Finally read the article. Maybe I'm getting my hopes up but his quotes sound like he's pretty interested, not the usual recycled recruit quotes. Like to the point that I kinda think he comes here. Sounds like the pairing with Hugley is enticing to him. If Hugley plays the 4 and draws all that attention, he could do a lot of scoring. Defense will be a problem because Hugley would have a tough time guarding smaller 4s. Maybe move to be a primary zone team? Our man sucks anyway. We finished in the 300s for 3 point defense because we yielded too many warm-up level wide open 3s.

One article I just read says he would like to be in Pittsburgh after the dead period for an official visit.

One article I just read says he would like to be in Pittsburgh after the dead period for an official visit.
For a player like him, I am sure he's thinking he wants to get to the NBA (probably not that realistic but still) and winning is a secondary concern. He sees the attention Hugley will attract and how he could put up big numbers and also saw how Gueye went from a no-name to a possible 2-way deal player playing in Capel's "system." Gueye was probably just total luck but that isnt how they sell it.

If we get this kid, he and Hugley would make one of the better frontcourts in the country. Honestly. Never seen him play but he's 7 feet with good stats and if you have a 7 footer who doesn't suck along with Hugley.....not too many teams have that. You get this kid and it changes everything

Well, he's 7'0", 260! Lets go BIGS!

We've had a few of those bigs in the past that just can't play a lick, too. It's rare to find one that can play at this level, especially in the portal or from Lafayette. And do you really trust Capel to find anyone out there that can contribute? I don't.

He's probably a fine young man. Who knows. Maybe he should just stay where he is and get an education.

I don't know if this kid can play any basketball but if he can and with his size, it sure should help Hugley out.

If we get this kid, he and Hugley would make one of the better frontcourts in the country. Honestly. Never seen him play but he's 7 feet with good stats and if you have a 7 footer who doesn't suck along with Hugley.....not too many teams have that. You get this kid and it changes everything.

Wait, what?

I don't know if this kid can play any basketball but if he can and with his size, it sure should help Hugley out.
His stats and size indicate he can play in the ACC. Terrell Brown averaged 8.4 and 7 at San Diego. His size and not sucking is about all you need if you have Hugley.

Reactions: Drew1208
Player might have thought he was getting zoom bombed by the Pitt staff. He was expecting a meeting with a different ACC school and somehow our staff showed up in the call.

For a player like him, I am sure he's thinking he wants to get to the NBA (probably not that realistic but still) and winning is a secondary concern. He sees the attention Hugley will attract and how he could put up big numbers and also saw how Gueye went from a no-name to a possible 2-way deal player playing in Capel's "system." Gueye was probably just total luck but that isnt how they sell it.

If we get this kid, he and Hugley would make one of the better frontcourts in the country. Honestly. Never seen him play but he's 7 feet with good stats and if you have a 7 footer who doesn't suck along with Hugley.....not too many teams have that. You get this kid and it changes everything
Sure if you're 7 foot and you can catch the ball, that's half the battle! He can average 7/7 just be being able to catch.

You literally just need a decent body. And we all know bigs develop slower. Maybe this kid will actually get better.
Our bigs improve under this staff. But the guards get worse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT