ADVERTISEMENT

“Pittsburgh, who is notorious for

mbe 34

All Conference
Nov 24, 2004
taking down ranked opponents”. One of the lines from ESPN site.
Winning cures just about everything.
To end the season like this is just outstanding.
Big win on national TV - we have a QB.

I don’t want to bother singling out the BS local writers in town who have ripped on this team.
“F” em.
Don’t read their blogs, articles, listen to their radio or TV.

With Peds coming and this win ticket sales will explode
Tough schedule next year - road games UCF, ND, Miami.
UCF is the go to game. I hope they are still undefeated when we play them.
Next year is NOW

We need to flip some kids , recruiting has to get better, we have some good things in place if we get talent in here. Pickett will he here at least 2 more years, we need to give him as much help as possible. This year as been hard on everyone , hopefully it's a spring board into something very good at Pitt!

Everyone see how winning football helps the name of the University. Puts PITT the name , brand, school out there , I wish the administration knew the value of having a nice front porch to enter the university. It could be a win win for all involved to get this program going. I can hope I guess ....

Recruiting is the lifeblood for every team. As I just posted in another thread, anytime that Pitt plays a Top Fifteen team, they're always going to be out-manned, which is why our coaches have to be better than their coaches.

We're not gonna be able to play "smash-mouth" football, using predictable schemes - and expect to win more than 6-8 games a year until our talent level rises.

We've gotta keep being unpredictable, using misdirection and deception as we did last year -- and as we did yesterday.

Recruiting is the lifeblood for every team. As I just posted in another thread, anytime that Pitt plays a Top Fifteen team, they're always going to be out-manned, which is why our coaches have to be better than their coaches.

We're not gonna be able to play "smash-mouth" football, using predictable schemes - and expect to win more than 6-8 games a year until our talent level rises.

We've gotta keep being unpredictable, using misdirection and deception as we did last year -- and as we did yesterday.

I only disagree with recruiting. I think there are things that Pitt could do to help recruiting , to where we are not undermanned in most games. Let's hope some at top really enjoyed this weekend and next week , and get motivated to want to feel this way most weeks in the fall!

Yeah unfortunately as psyched as I was yesterday, I think everyone needs to step back and relax. This win does nothing for the program besides leaving a better taste in our mouth at the end of the year. We went 5-7 and our coordinators are a joke. We also have a recruiting class ranked in the 60s. Pickett has played well but do we really think we just struck gold? It was his first start and there was virtually zero tape of the guy. Let's enjoy this win but remember to not travel down delusional lane again like we have in the past.

Saw that on the ESPN site and was surprised by it but not a bad reputation to have.

We need to flip some kids , recruiting has to get better, we have some good things in place if we get talent in here. Pickett will he here at least 2 more years, we need to give him as much help as possible. This year as been hard on everyone , hopefully it's a spring board into something very good at Pitt!

Everyone see how winning football helps the name of the University. Puts PITT the name , brand, school out there , I wish the administration knew the value of having a nice front porch to enter the university. It could be a win win for all involved to get this program going. I can hope I guess ....

If I'm Partridge, I'm trying to flip some UCF recruits since Frost is leaving

Reactions: DiehardPanther
We have a lot of undeclassmen who are growing up before our eyes. A lot of guys returning in our 2 deep, and Pickett stepping up against one of the best defenses in the country is legit reason for optimism. Recruiting is not done, so people should hold off until Feb.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT