ADVERTISEMENT

“They were conspiring to protect Penn State.”

Saboteur

All Conference
Jan 15, 2015
Many places. but not all
Those are the words of a juror. They are not contained in the Freeh report, Mike McQuery didn't write them down, Franco Harris is as silent as a mouse and Graham Spanier elected to stay silent when he could have refuted his own e-mails.

Therefore, a giant can of STFU goes to Franco and his band of fools, the Paterno family whose patriarch was exposed as a liar by other PSU employees, and to every idiot who either doesn't have the sense God gave a duck or those who ignore plain and simple facts.

Case closed. They were protecting Penn State. Eff the defenseless kids.

WE ARE!

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...hild-sex-abuse-convicted/stories/201703280120

Those are the words of a juror. They are not contained in the Freeh report, Mike McQuery didn't write them down, Franco Harris is as silent as a mouse and Graham Spanier elected to stay silent when he could have refuted his own e-mails.

Therefore, a giant can of STFU goes to Franco and his band of fools, the Paterno family whose patriarch was exposed as a liar by other PSU employees, and to every idiot who either doesn't have the sense God gave a duck or those who ignore plain and simple facts.

WE ARE!

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...hild-sex-abuse-convicted/stories/201703280120
17qigv.jpg

The Cult is going to make that juror's life a living hell. Her name, city of residence and occupation were listed in the Washington Post. I am sure she has already been contacted by some of the Cult's finest to let her know that she is a **** and a whore and a slut just like Sara Ganim, Sally Jenkins and Christine Brennan have had to deal with from the Cult over the past five years.

Reactions: Saboteur

WE ARE!

Yep. And that's pretty much the crux of the matter in a nutshell.

The pedophilia happened (for decades). JS is in jail for life for what he did.

The HFC at the time and top leadership (and many others around PSU during that time period) at PSU knew about it and consciously decided to allow it to continue (for decades).

The HFC at the time and top leadership at PSU decided it would be best to keep it all under wraps because it would expose the football program (the most renowned aspect of the University) and it's self-created superior image as a fraud. All the football wins and accolades that happened while JS was on the staff would be - and rightly so - tainted. Who would believe some kid over the word of a respected football coach like JS?

Why did they all fail to do what any reasonable human being with a conscience that has the sense to know right from wrong would do? Because as the juror said: "They were conspiring to protect Penn State".

Reactions: Saboteur
Yes and the Joebots think because so many felony charges were thrown out, along with the best evidence as a result of Baldwin, that means they're innocent! It was all a witch hunt afterall! Technicalities may equal no charges or not guilty, but they don't automatically mean innocent and that no crimes were committed.

Yes and the Joebots think because so many felony charges were thrown out, along with the best evidence as a result of Baldwin, that means they're innocent! It was all a witch hunt afterall! Technicalities may equal no charges or not guilty, but they don't automatically mean innocent and that no crimes were committed.

Yeah it's really sad they have to stoop that low is their continued efforts at denial of any wrongdoing on the part of PSU or PSU football.

The bottom line with those 3: THEY WERE ALL CONVICTED!

Al Capone was finally brought to justice for income tax evasion, even though he was responsible for many far worse crimes. But they STILL GOT HIM and he wasn't able to escape justice. And neither were Curley, Schultz or Spanier.

My question is simply this...knowing what we now all know... and knowing how thousands of joebots in Happy Valley think (and will continue to think), why would anyone want to go to school there? Why would you pay hard earned money to be associated with that cesspool? There are simply too many fine alternatives in academia.

Cruzer

Reactions: Parkview57
My question is simply this...knowing what we now all know... and knowing how thousands of joebots in Happy Valley think (and will continue to think), why would anyone want to go to school there? Why would you pay hard earned money to be associated with that cesspool? There are simply too many fine alternatives in academia.

Cruzer
Great question- but people do.

I have thought all along that they found out he was molesting kids and thats why he retired. It probably was a he said/ she said type of thing and they let it go. Then they knew they were behind the eight ball when he did it again, because they didn't handle it properly the first time, so they continued to conspire to keep it a secret. Sandusky likely used this to allow him to stay on campus. And the whole sorted affair continued. This type of thing happens all the time, just not with as disgusting of a crime, someone gets in to deep then can't bite the bullet thats required to get out of it.

Reactions: Chaos and Piranha

Cruzer
Their explanation is that everyone who was responsible is now gone. Or....as George Costanza would say, "Act like it never happened."

Their explanation is that everyone who was responsible is now gone. Or....as George Costanza would say, "Act like it never happened."

There's a difference between "everyone who was responsible is now gone" and "act like it never happened."

And you're not dumb. You know that.

I, for instance, is one who says the former but doesn't say the latter.

The Cult is going to make that juror's life a living hell. Her name, city of residence and occupation were listed in the Washington Post. I am sure she has already been contacted by some of the Cult's finest to let her know that she is a **** and a whore and a slut just like Sara Ganim, Sally Jenkins and Christine Brennan have had to deal with from the Cult over the past five years.
Let's not forget how James Franklin contacted his players assault victim to pressure her.

And how the current PSU president ordered the hit job on the reputation of the Jamesis Winston assault victim.

Nothing has changed there.

Needed the death penalty.

Sure glad we have those games with them...

There's a difference between "everyone who was responsible is now gone" and "act like it never happened."

Individuals nearly as bad replaced those who were responsible. If one assumes it's not as "bad" to engineer and cover up assault of coeds, rather than children.

And of course the fan base that gives it's football program and it's leaders the tyrannical power to have caused the responsibility ... is still there. And has not changed. Actually, it's worse.

Individuals nearly as bad replaced those who were responsible. If one assumes it's not as "bad" to engineer and cover up assault of coeds, rather than children.

And of course the fan base that gives it's football program and it's leaders the tyrannical power to have caused the responsibility ... is still there. And has not changed. Actually, it's worse.

Wait ...... what?????? Really?

Who are these individuals? And what acts have they committed that are "nearly as bad"?

Wait ...... what?????? Really?

Who are these individuals? And what acts have they committed that are "nearly as bad"?

james franklin witnessed a recording of a rape by one of his players. told him to delete it. told his team about it. talked to the victim. then talked to some lawyers and backtracked like only a ped stater could. you don't find any problem with that?

Reactions: Chaos
james franklin witnessed a recording of a rape by one of his players. told him to delete it. told his team about it. talked to the victim. then talked to some lawyers and backtracked like only a ped stater could. you don't find any problem with that?

Davidson County (TN) District Attorney Tom Thurman has said numerous times that Franklin did not act improperly as regards the Vanderbilt rape case.

If you have information that Franklin DID act improperly, I suggest you contact the Davidson County police department.

Their phone number is 615-862-8600. If you don't have a phone available, you can contact them via this web-site: https://www.nashville.gov/Police-Department/Contact-Us.aspx

I've criticized Paterno numerous times over the years. I see no reason (well, no reason from an ethical or legal POV, he's certainly made some dumb on-the-field coaching decisions) to criticize Franklin right now.

Davidson County (TN) District Attorney Tom Thurman has said numerous times that Franklin did not act improperly as regards the Vanderbilt rape case.

If you have information that Franklin DID act improperly, I suggest you contact the Davidson County police department.

Their phone number is 615-862-8600. If you don't have a phone available, you can contact them via this web-site: https://www.nashville.gov/Police-Department/Contact-Us.aspx

I've criticized Paterno numerous times over the years. I see no reason (well, no reason from an ethical or legal POV, he's certainly made some dumb on-the-field coaching decisions) to criticize Franklin right now.

Here's to karma, maybe that would be ok too..

With Paterno, he was judged harshly for serious moral failure, but was defended by the cult with a legal argument.
With Franklin, its the same. He absolutely "DID act improperly," to quote you. Maybe not illegally, but certainly improperly.
What did Franklin do that was improper? Well, it depends on whether or not you think he lied under oath.
If he did lie, and someone knows that he did, well then yes, call the DA, because that should be prosecuted.
If he was telling the truth, here is his under oath version of the truth: He gathered his whole team together, and lied to every single one of them. He told them that he had witnessed a video of four of his players gang raping an unconscious girl. And he then told the court that the whole story was a big lie. His words.

Its hard to know what to think when someone says "trust me, I was lying when I said that." One might assume that Franklin was lying under oath about telling a lie because that got him out of potential legal hot water. But perhaps Franklin was telling the truth about him being a liar (I know, its confusing) to his team.

Michlion, I know you are smarter than the cult and have criticized Paterno, so I'm hoping that you get that making up a lie about having seen a gang rape video and telling the lie to your players is seriously disturbing, and qualifies as having "acted improperly."

With Paterno, he was judged harshly for serious moral failure, but was defended by the cult with a legal argument.
With Franklin, its the same. He absolutely "DID act improperly," to quote you. Maybe not illegally, but certainly improperly.
What did Franklin do that was improper? Well, it depends on whether or not you think he lied under oath.
If he did lie, and someone knows that he did, well then yes, call the DA, because that should be prosecuted.
If he was telling the truth, here is his under oath version of the truth: He gathered his whole team together, and lied to every single one of them. He told them that he had witnessed a video of four of his players gang raping an unconscious girl. And he then told the court that the whole story was a big lie. His words.

Its hard to know what to think when someone says "trust me, I was lying when I said that." One might assume that Franklin was lying under oath about telling a lie because that got him out of potential legal hot water. But perhaps Franklin was telling the truth about him being a liar (I know, its confusing) to his team.

Michlion, I know you are smarter than the cult and have criticized Paterno, so I'm hoping that you get that making up a lie about having seen a gang rape video and telling the lie to your players is seriously disturbing, and qualifies as having "acted improperly."

I view Franklin's message to his team (I saw the rape video, which wasn't true) back in 2013 as dumb. But not immoral and or unethical.

There is a difference in my mind.

Franklin is a goofball. No doubt about that. He does dumb and goofy stuff without thinking --- e.g., kicking field goals when losing 28-0, or losing track of time outs, or forgetting he's on the radio with his "Nashville bro-buddy" Clay Travis and making un-filtered comments about his assistant coaches wives, or talking about annexing certain states that border Pennsylvania (then turning around and losing to Maryland in 2014, ugh).

But I do fundamentally think he's a decent guy. Not tactically or strategically the smartest, but a man who loves his family, loves his players and loves coaching football. The dumb and goofy stuff he does isn't maliciously dumb and goofy.

Maybe I'm wrong, I've never met him. But that's my read on him.

FWIW, I always viewed Paterno a bit skeptically - the "aw shucks" guy who maintained he didn't act like a politician even though he WAS a calculating politician when you weren't looking. Jim Tressel was a bit like that too - he got found out eventually too, of course. If nothing else, I'm highly confident Franklin isn't THAT personality type.

="michnittlion, post: 1855712, member: 5996"]I view Franklin's message to his team (I saw the rape video, which wasn't true) back in 2013 as dumb. But not immoral and or unethical. There is a difference in my mind.
Agree, but he did ask a female Student to have other Women be Hosts much like the Baylor Women set up their own organization, but that went into he said she said situation in Public. I am inclined to believe her over Franklin on that but this disclosure happen after he left Vandy and is not going on at PSU. So, moot as far as I am concern. He recruited quite well as well without a Host Women Group at Vandy too. So, like you say below he plays fast and loose at times but overall and may make a mistake but he was young and his first Head Coaching job. My belief the Women told the truth does not make Franklin unethical either, just a belief the women was honest is not enough. Besides JF was fully vetted by AIO & Background Search Firm Due Diligence and nothing came out. Better than Pitt's Pederson did on Haywood and Graham Backgrounds or Barnes buyout Deals.

Franklin is a goofball. No doubt about that. He does dumb and goofy stuff without thinking --- e.g., kicking field goals when losing 28-0, or losing track of time outs, or forgetting he's on the radio with his "Nashville bro-buddy" Clay Travis and making un-filtered comments about his assistant coaches wives, or talking about annexing certain states that border Pennsylvania (then turning around and losing to Maryland in 2014, ugh).
Quite agree on all other points above and Franklin is a Callow Fellow, why I think this undermines Franklin's own coaching and is not as mature as Narduzzi!

But I do fundamentally think he's a decent guy. Not tactically or strategically the smartest, but a man who loves his family, loves his players and loves coaching football. The dumb and goofy stuff he does isn't maliciously dumb and goofy. Maybe I'm wrong, I've never met him. But that's my read on him.
I have met him brief with a hann shake, and you are spot on and have a great read on on him. Many others say it too. recruits and Parents love him. JF is better Recruiter than Head Coach I suspect, we shall see in 2017. JF also has many assets to see his Recruiting improves but he did well at Vandy too and Maryland in Recruiting. Whether is better than Meyers and Harbaugh in recruiting still not there. Yet, he can handle everyone else so far in the Big Ten. In Coaching, we will know more in 2017 as he meets Ferentz, Dantonio, Durkin, Fitzgerald, Riley and Narduzzi.

FWIW, I always viewed Paterno a bit skeptically - the "aw shucks" guy who maintained he didn't act like a politician even though he WAS a calculating politician when you weren't looking.
For example, in Public or media he made sure it got out he knew nothing about child Molestation, but majored in Greek Mythology, talked about it in Grand Jury, and discussed with the C,S,S in Emails now known by Direct Under Oath Testimony.

Second, used Public Relations Slogans to build his program up and did some Off Wink Wink Record To Reporters back Biting against Opponents, kept silent about Ref Guman while giving Scholarship to his son until BAMA exposed them both, and now known kept silent on Sandusky after he reported it, but more Victims happens due to silence then said in Benefit In Hindsight should have done more????? If JF is a Callow fellow, JVP was a Clever Fellow and contributed to his own demise of his built up reputation.

Third, DOE Tile IX & Clery Report cites his Undue Influences and causing Athletic Integrity Violations and treating his Players different from Regular Students while claiming only he can discipline his Players and getting some people fired and getting some of his own family hired while being in Outside Undisclosed business Conflicts of Interests with some Trustees, growing beyond Institutional Control now proven in Independent Investigative Report not just Freeh, and now direct testimony and Unsealed Documents still waiting to be made public.

Jim Tressel was a bit like that too - he got found out eventually too, of course. If nothing else, I'm highly confident Franklin isn't THAT personality type.
Either way, you have good insight and very fair observations with superb judgment is my opinion.

Yes, I know the difference - which is why I put the word "Or" between them. Two separate/different reasons, stated by two different sets of fans.

You gotta admit that while reading the comments on BWI for the past few years, that you have do have fans at your university who've claimed that: (1) those who are responsible for the heinous crimes are gone (the main reason why those fans didn't think that sanctions were appropriate); and (2) other fans who've buried their collective heads in the sand and said that it was all a fabrication - while demonizing (and threatening) Mike McQueary and Sara Ganim in the process.

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
The quoted juror nicely summarizes the long-term, carefully executed strategy of the senior staff cabal at "So Superior U" when she stated, “It didn't feel like they were conspiring to endanger children,” [She] said. “They were conspiring to protect Penn State.”

You realize that did not happen. They said there wasnt sufficient evidence.

Either 2 things happened:

James Franklin lied and is a liar

or

James Franklin tried to cover up rape

I view Franklin's message to his team (I saw the rape video, which wasn't true) back in 2013 as dumb. But not immoral and or unethical.

YES, that is because you blindly believe he didnt see the video and didnt say to delete it. The more logical thing to believe is he did, and then found out 'hey, that is highly illegal, I better deny it' and then denied it. It makes no sense the other way, and admitting to his team he saw evidence and didnt go to police.

SO, since he didnt know he was on-air, its ok to make unethical remarks... gotcha

But I do fundamentally think he's a decent guy. Not tactically or strategically the smartest, but a man who loves his family, loves his players and loves coaching football. The dumb and goofy stuff he does isn't maliciously dumb and goofy.

Again, because you view things through you prism of loving penn state football. Of course you think he is a nice guy. BBBBUUUUTTTTT... when people say and do the things he has done, its far more likely again that he is a raging douchebag only out for himself and raised on questionable ethics, that he will ultimately teach to his players.

FWIW, I always viewed Paterno a bit skeptically - the "aw shucks" guy who maintained he didn't act like a politician even though he WAS a calculating politician when you weren't looking. Jim Tressel was a bit like that too - he got found out eventually too, of course. If nothing else, I'm highly confident Franklin isn't THAT personality type.

I have no idea if you actually were skeptical about JokePa, but I will take you at your word I guess, although you would be one of the only ones that were skeptical and was a fan. But, honestly Franklin looks exactly the same. The one glaring difference is JoePa was a highly intelligent guy with an Ivy league diploma and knew and taught football well, he was just a morally unethical and intentionally misled (as most do when they have a shortcoming, Sun Tzu 'Act strong when you are weak and weak when you are strong' with his success with honor crap.) Therefore, most likely possible that all your fans are now blinding following yet again another 2 faced charlatan, and when he fails you will then say how you thought all along he was shaky.

Say what you will, but Pitt fans need to be proven if someone is good or not, and in fact we usually despise the coach. Most other fan bases are the same. Penn state is not like this, next cult leader takes over and the chanting begins again.

Last edited:
After what happened, and all the heartfelt claims that the charade of 'discipline' was going to 'change their culture' ... the last two people that should have been considered for the HC and school president jobs should have been guys who were actively involved and embattled, very publicly so at that very instance the hiring was occurring, over sexual assault cases.

They escaped actual legal entanglement on the most technical of technicalities (in Franklin's case) and favoritism in local good ole' boy politics.

But at that time of those hirings even that was still in doubt. Franklin in particular hadn't yet weaseled out of the legal entanglement. It was very possible he could have been charged as an accessory or for separate crimes (which as several noted, he really could have been if the DA was at all courageous).

Yet PSU, with access to untold riches and could have hired nearly anyone, still went that route.

Admit it, it was a gigantic FU.

I have no idea if you actually were skeptical about JokePa, but I will take you at your word I guess, although you would be one of the only ones that were and was a fan. But, honestly Franklin looks exactly the same. The one glaring difference is JoePa was a highly intelligent guy with an Ivy league diploma and knew and taught football well. If was just a morally unethical and intentionally misled (as most do when they have a shortcoming, Sun Tzu 'Act strong when you are weak and weak when you are strong' with his success with honor crap.) Therefore, most likely possible that all your fans are blinding following yet again another 2 faced charlatan, and when he fails you will then say how you thought all along he was shaky.

Say what you will, but Pitt fans need to be proven if someone is good or not, and in fact we usually despise the coach. Most other fan bases are the same. Penn state is not like this, next cult leader takes over and the chanting begins again.

The cult is clearly not good, every 409, we are.. I feel rage.

The quoted juror nicely summarizes the long-term, carefully executed strategy of the senior staff cabal at "So Superior U" when she stated, “It didn't feel like they were conspiring to endanger children,” [She] said. “They were conspiring to protect Penn State.”

That's what is driving everyone nuts over there.

Franklin has shown that he's actually a little out of touch with the players. If anything, he doesn't seem like he has much interaction outside of Lasch. He's toned it down a lot. Not sure if that's his choice or not but with respect to Vandy, he's probably not squeaky clean but he certainly isn't dirty. Goofy. But that's about it.

Speaking of the rogue few over on BWI, has Crusin emerged? Anyone else that was shouted off the board?

First franklin didn't witness his players recording the rape that would mean that he was present for the rape which isn't true.
Now to address the nitwit. Similar to the sandusky mess not everyone involved is prosecuted. You have to have enough evidence that their is a reasonable chance to convict someone. James Franklin was definitely involved in the vanderbilt mess as he told the player to delete the video and called the victim "to check up on her and make sure she was ok!" That is in quote's because that's Franklin's explanation for calling her. But he could have just as easily been fishing for info to see if she was going to go forward with anything. Doesn't mean franklin is guilty of breaking any law but its a red flag and for a university that just came out of the sandusky problems it was a questionable hire. Then you have your president who had his own history with the winston rape/non rape. Basically Psu has made to high profile hires since sandusky and both had past allegations of wrong doing in a rape case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES, that is because you blindly believe he didnt see the video and didnt say to delete it. The more logical thing to believe is he did, and then found out 'hey, that is highly illegal, I better deny it' and then denied it. It makes no sense the other way, and admitting to his team he saw evidence and didnt go to police.

SO, since he didnt know he was on-air, its ok to make unethical remarks... gotcha

Again, because you view things through you prism of loving penn state football. Of course you think he is a nice guy. BBBBUUUUTTTTT... when people say and do the things he has done, its far more likely again that he is a raging douchebag only out for himself and raised on questionable ethics, that he will ultimately teach to his players.

I have no idea if you actually were skeptical about JokePa, but I will take you at your word I guess, although you would be one of the only ones that were skeptical and was a fan. But, honestly Franklin looks exactly the same. The one glaring difference is JoePa was a highly intelligent guy with an Ivy league diploma and knew and taught football well, he was just a morally unethical and intentionally misled (as most do when they have a shortcoming, Sun Tzu 'Act strong when you are weak and weak when you are strong' with his success with honor crap.) Therefore, most likely possible that all your fans are now blinding following yet again another 2 faced charlatan, and when he fails you will then say how you thought all along he was shaky.

good post, The connection could be there, of course that could also be said for a lot of coaches if they followed another coach that allowed a culture where raping boys was ok. Maybe the cult figure, 'hey Franklin condones a culture where players think raping a girl is OK, so that is a baby step of progress over children'

The point is, nothing has changed there, the new individuals of note (the head coach and school prez, being the #1 and #2 individuals of most importance there) are basically just as bad as the previous. It's not a matter of "those allegedly bad people are gone now."

Whether assaults and such are actually happening at the moment, the atmosphere that allowed for the previous heinous chain of events to occur as they did, encouraged and unfettered for many years, is set up exactly like it was then. Those inclined to do awful things are enabled ... heck, invited...to do their deeds. The venues are there for them. The body of potential victims are there for them to prey upon at their pleasure. If any rogue happened to say something, they'll be silenced and black listed. And even if were to escape the censors and get out, no worries, our army of lawyers, politicians, business sponsors, media and the NCAA are safely in our pocket and won't lift a finger.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT