ADVERTISEMENT

Why Penn State Can't Escape Anymore..."Big 12 Ability To Punish Baylor Any Way It Fits," LINK!

CaptainSidneyReilly

Chancellor
Dec 25, 2006
The timing for Baylor's Football Scandal could not be worse with the timing of Penn State Settlement Victim's Voices Unsealed Documents. Even the Paterno Expert hired that took on the Freeh Report has been silent so far regarding PSU's Victims Allegations. Zeigler also attacked Paterno's Defense Team Child Sex Investigator Expert Clemente's own assessment and called him a Liar.

However, the Big-12 is willing and ready to jump on Baylor and the Big Ten has to be watching, and one has to wonder what more will come out on Penn State? Again, American Societal Change won't tolerate Cover-Ups of Rapes or Abuse of Anyone Anymore, and especially Women, Spouses, Girlfriends and Children and Allegations published by the Media are enough to point it out now.

Every Major Media Editorials, Sports Editors and Forum Articles are out on the Penn State Unsealed Victim's Voices Allegations as seen below on the Philadelphia Editorial. I have not seen or read one that takes the Penn State President Barron or Franco, & Paterno's Sides calling them Unproven? If one has seen or read one please post it!

This is why I was spot on talking about coming Settlements and the Repudiation of the Cult and other challengers to Penn State University having to defend its actions on removing the Paterno Statute and putting in Penn State 2012 Reforms to correct Penn State Paterno Era Institutional Abuses?

Read what has happen as predicted over month ago and more will come out if they cannot settle together and calling anyone names anywhere just proves the Truth in the Voices of victims even more in the Media and soon more books, movies and documentaries!

All Conferences get it and the NCAA & NFL too. New Policies on the way as well. Read and Believe?

Articles & Excerpts:
Baylor has put the Big 12 in a tough spot and now the Big 12 may respond punitively:
Serious sanctions by the Big 12 against Baylor are possible going into a crucial meeting Tuesday meeting by the conference's board of directors. Baylor officials basically have been summoned here to explain the progress of reforms in the wake of the ongoing sexual assault scandal. Interim president David Garland and two other regents will address the nine other Big 12 presidents. "I wouldn't say that anything is on the table," Bowlsby said. "I wouldn't say that anything is off the table. The board has a wide array of prerogatives. I wouldn't presume which ones they would use, if any."....................

........."The CEOs will ask different questions than I posed," Bowlsby said. "This is going to be a process. It's not going to go away soon ... I think there will be hard questions. "Any steps the conference would take [to penalize Baylor] would be premature. [But] when one member's reputation is damaged, I think all of our images are damaged."
LINK:
http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...lity-to-punish-baylor-in-any-way-it-sees-fit/

Another Article Excerpt:

Inquirer Editorial: Penn State, Temple, and football-induced delusion
Perhaps concerned that Penn State's status as a national monument to sports-inspired mass delusion was not completely secure, more than 200 former football players recently petitioned university officials to reerect a bronze likeness of tarnished coaching legend Joe Paterno outside Beaver Stadium.................Then, just a week after this latest attempt to rewrite Penn State's modern history, a Philadelphia judge unsealed reports that convicted child predator and longtime Paterno assistant Jerry Sandusky had sexually abused children there - and that Paterno and other coaches knew about it - as long ago as the Ford administration........
Nevertheless, they fit an unmistakable pattern of serial crimes and willful institutional ignorance. The fierce rearguard effort to rehabilitate Paterno to gridiron godhood springs from the same misguided impulse to glorify a football program at every expense. Penn State's Happy Valley fever is an extreme example of the affliction but not a unique one...........
Nor can runaway sports idolatry be separated from the Penn State scandal despite the best efforts of apologists. According to the newly revealed testimony, one 14-year-old reported an assault to Paterno in 1976 only to be to told, "I have a football season to worry about.".........
..........The newly unsealed records also show that former graduate assistant Mike McQueary, whose account of a 2001 assault was crucial to the criminal case against Sandusky, testified that other coaches had long been aware of the abuse. The lettermen who want to restore Paterno's grinning graven image to its former place of honor are not alone in drawing precisely the wrong conclusions from such revelations............
.........Given a 45-count conviction for defilement of 10 children over 15 years and a pattern of abuse that apparently goes well beyond it, Penn State officials would do better to focus their questions on the university rather than the victims...........

LINK:
http://www.philly.com/philly/opinio...e__Temple__and_football-induced_delusion.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Piranha
Good luck with that. They already got the NCAA sanctions reduced. They won't self impose anything.

Perhaps if there were less than 10 days between (1) Freeh Report release and (2) NCAA deciding their final judgment, there would have been self-imposing of penalties by Penn State.

That 10 day decision --- which was honestly not that long a period for full self-reflection given the 9.0 earthquake that the Freeh Report released on the Penn State community --- there were very few people back in July 2012 who said "are we going perhaps too fast here?"

The penalty phase is over. Penn State is currently a respected, unsanctioned and full-fledged member of the B1G, and that is likely to continue for the foreseeable future.
You are not respected. The PS Cult is an embarrassment to the Big 10 and all mankind.

Perhaps if there were less than 10 days between (1) Freeh Report release and (2) NCAA deciding their final judgment, there would have been self-imposing of penalties by Penn State.

That 10 day decision --- which was honestly not that long a period for full self-reflection given the 9.0 earthquake that the Freeh Report released on the Penn State community --- there were very few people back in July 2012 who said "are we going perhaps too fast here?"
You are a joke. PS was NEVER going to self-impose any real penalties. Having the team clean the stadium does not count.

The penalty phase is over. Penn State is currently a respected, unsanctioned and full-fledged member of the B1G, and that is likely to continue for the foreseeable future.
With all due respect to you personally, your school may be unsanctioned and a full-fledged member of the B1G, but they're not respected. And they won't be for the foreseeable future.

If you're waiting for more sanctions for Penn St, don't hold your breath.
I am not, and nor predicting any, until they come together as one University looking towards the future and leaving the past dead and buried.

All Penn State Fans should be proud how the Penn State 2012 Reforms and Policies under a NCAA Monitor has brought great admiration becoming a Model and Center for Children Abuse Protection and Compliance.

Only if something more comes out that was kept hidden and time will fade the previous Penn State Football Culture and younger Societal Values will prevail and the Victims and media that exposed the Scandal will be honored and those Voices will prevail in better Today and Tomorrow for Penn State Alumni and Fans once they unite.

With all due respect to you personally, your school may be unsanctioned and a full-fledged member of the B1G, but they're not respected. And they won't be for the foreseeable future.

I'm sure the B1G just loves waiting around to see what skeletons come out of the nits closet next.

This is not going away anytime soon and if/once the stooges get to trail it could get interesting. I would imagine at least 1 of them turning on the others and singing like a canary to try and save their own a$$.

You are a joke. PS was NEVER going to self-impose any real penalties. Having the team clean the stadium does not count.

You don't know that.

The school could have (1) not commissioned the Freeh Report, and (2) not have had its conclusions actually written (unlike the stunt Baylor is pulling with their "there was only an oral report given, no written document exists" thing).

You may not want to acknowledge those facts, but that's what the post-November 2011 administration decided to do and while I don't argue that we should not have faced punishment, given the above 2 facts the "10 day period between findings and final judgment" went WAY too quick. We did deserve more time.

But, hey, (1) NCAA involvement and (2) quick judgment is what many people wanted. Fair enough. But if you were one of those people who wanted "quick in July 2012", it's completely disingenuous for you to now argue "Penn State should have self-sanctioned themselves." You want it both ways.

Agree, and the Penn State Scandal adopted Model of Compliance has improved Big Ten Schools too. It is a Powerful Program and Great University and due to Alumni like you make it greater.

Every Organization can have trouble but it is how they deal with it, and Penn State did what it had to do to make it more responsible, accountable and paid out obligations above and beyond, in my opinion.

I think many quotes in the Movie Seabiscuit apply to Victim's dealing with the Abuses, Rescues, Protection, Support and Counseling. As well as Penn State Leadership that made the right choices to do in face of criticism from their own Alumni and Cultists.

"You Know, You Don't Throw A Whole Life Away Just 'Cause He's Banged Up A Little!"

In time, once this is all over and Penn State Honors the Victim's and Media like Sara Ganim, Sally Jenkins, Marci Hamilton, and Joe Accomplishments of Autumn as just a Coach can still be respected but no longer as Honorable due to grave misjudgments errors in building the Program?

The Nittany Liars Cult Posters that worship Zeigler have been abandon by Zeigler that called everyone a Liar grow smaller everyday.

I can see this quote applying as well......
"You Know, Everybody Thinks We Found This Broken-Down Horse And Fixed Him, But We Didn't. He Fixed Us. Every One Of Us. And I Guess In A Way We Kinda Fixed Each Other Too."

The quote applies to a Horse but it can just as well apply to Victims, PSU Trustees, Freeh, Ganim, Triponey, Jenkins, Matt Sandusky, McQueary, Erickson, Barron, Joyner, Lubrano, Franco, Doren, Barbour, Victim's Mothers, Paternos, Marshcreek, Cruise66, AkronLion, and Posters like you, and many more Alumni.

I am just glad Penn State and Pitt are playing again, and can't wait to just talk about the upcoming games, win or lose, the Pre-Game Predictions and Banter will be great, and Post Game Joy or Regrets will be backed up by wait until next year.

I accept anyone that may disagree with my views that I predict will happen one day soon, Time Marches on and at some point all will move on too!

Both Programs along with Temple are improving again together just like the 1970s. WVU too! Just need to be one same conference and that will come one day too, just a Hunch!

Last edited:
You don't know that.

The school could have (1) not commissioned the Freeh Report, and (2) not have had its conclusions actually written (unlike the stunt Baylor is pulling with their "there was only an oral report given, no written document exists" thing).

You may not want to acknowledge those facts, but that's what the post-November 2011 administration decided to do and while I don't argue that we should not have faced punishment, given the above 2 facts the "10 day period between findings and final judgment" went WAY too quick. We did deserve more time.

But, hey, (1) NCAA involvement and (2) quick judgment is what many people wanted. Fair enough. But if you were one of those people who wanted "quick in July 2012", it's completely disingenuous for you to now argue "Penn State should have self-sanctioned themselves." You want it both ways.
Go troll elsewhere.

They (the Inquirer) are throwing Temple in with that? I guess that in Philadelphia, the local version of Ron Cook is on the editorial board.

In a world filled with delusional behavior and denial of reality, your post takes the cake.

Cruzer

Agree, and the Penn State Scandal adopted Model of Compliance has improved Big Ten Schools too. It is a Powerful Program and Great University and due to Alumni like you make it greater.

Every Organization can have trouble but it is how they deal with it, and Penn State did what it had to do to make it more responsible, accountable and paid out obligations above and beyond, in my opinion.

I think many quotes in the Movie Seabiscuit apply to Victim's dealing with the Abuses, Rescues, Protection, Support and Counseling. As well as Penn State Leadership that made the right choices to do in face of criticism from their own Alumni and Cultists.

"You Know, You Don't Throw A Whole Life Away Just 'Cause He's Banged Up A Little!"

In time, once this is all over and Penn State Honors the Victim's and Media like Sara Ganim, Sally Jenkins, Marci Hamilton, and Joe Accomplishments of Autumn as just a Coach can still be respected but no longer as Honorable due to grave misjudgments errors in building the Program?

The Nittany Liars Cult Posters that worship Zeigler have been abandon by Zeigler that called everyone a Liar grow smaller everyday.

I can see this quote applying as well......
"You Know, Everybody Thinks We Found This Broken-Down Horse And Fixed Him, But We Didn't. He Fixed Us. Every One Of Us. And I Guess In A Way We Kinda Fixed Each Other Too."

The quote applies to a Horse but it can just as well apply to Victims, PSU Trustees, Freeh, Ganim, Triponey, Jenkins, Matt Sandusky, McQueary, Erickson, Barron, Joyner, Lubrano, Franco, Doren, Barbour, Victim's Mothers, Paternos, Marshcreek, Cruise66, AkronLion, and Posters like you, and many more Alumni.

I am just glad Penn State and Pitt are playing again, and can't wait to just talk about the upcoming games, win or lose, the Pre-Game Predictions and Banter will be great, and Post Game Joy or Regrets will be backed up by wait until next year.

I accept anyone that may disagree with my views that I predict will happen one day soon, Time Marches on and at some point all will move on too!

Both Programs along with Temple are improving again together just like the 1970s. WVU too! Just need to be one same conference and that will come one day too, just a Hunch!
My thoughts are very similar to yours. Good post.

Franco Harris will be a good test to see if they ever truly are better. Until you hear his tune change, his influence will keep the denial story moving forward in the most mentally broken of the Joe Worshipers. If he ever says " it's undeniable that Joe could have done more and a statue should never be here" there is still a problem with their culture. I believe 35% are still 100% deniers and they are very vocal which makes it seem like 70%.

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
You don't know that.

I think PSU did self-impose. You can view the narrative any way you want but the NCAA wasn't going to impose a death penalty and didn't react "quickly" despite how it looked on the calendar.

BOT members got to look at the report before it was released and you know the admin had it. If you don't think anyone at PSU had the brains to pick up the phone and call the NCAA to see what was next, you have less faith in the school than I do. I'd go further and say they probably brokered an agreement before Freeh saw the light of day. PSU leadership is a lot of things but they're not stupid. "Sanctions" ended up being much lighter than anything USC saw. That wasn't a mistake and it sure wasn't based on "good behavior".

For what it's worth, I defend you and agree on this point. The sooner everyone involved moves past the victimization of Joe, the sooner this thing goes away. The B1G, the NCAA, the networks, all want PSU to just be football again. Too much money pouring out of State College to stay mad.

Respected? After WWII Nazis escaped via all sorts of fronts. Were they "respected"? Never, ever confuse money and friends with respect. Does PSU have money and friends? Indeed they do. But every time someone like a FUNKO signs his name to a petition or opens his fat uniformed mouth, PSU loses what little respect it has left.
How many living football alums are there? And only a couple of hundred signed! The pressure to sign must have been great, but only a fool would sign a petition like that. I can't think of a better word to describe Funko than Fool.

The very same institution that allowed a predator to walk their campus because they had to protect their image at all costs was all of a sudden going to self impose sanctions. Yeah! Get freakin real. What's the color of the sky in your world. Give up the ghost michnit. You aren't about to change anyone's mind on this so why try.

My thoughts are very similar to yours. Good post.

Franco Harris will be a good test to see if they ever truly are better. Until you hear his tune change, his influence will keep the denial story moving forward in the most mentally broken of the Joe Worshipers. If he ever says " it's undeniable that Joe could have done more and a statue should never be here" there is still a problem with their culture. I believe 35% are still 100% deniers and they are very vocal which makes it seem like 70%.
This is how I feel will happen RIGHT NOW but it is not all over JUST YET either!

Penn State has made the CHANGES necessary to move on and recognized by the NCAA, Big Ten, and in Full Compliance as MichNittLion mentions fairly and proudly, and I join him with that view, but that does not mean everyone has that same view as myself and others like MichNittLion.

Still, the BIGGEST obstacles to that view as well is a contingent of Penn State Trustees, Former Players, Franco, Paterno's, and Lubrano, PS4RS, that have attacked Penn State as well, and expect they will prevail on bringing the same Worship of Joseph Vincent Paterno as demanded before the Penn State Football program Paterno Era Scandal.

It is just as fair to say, This contigent cannot MOVE ON and never address it taking Millions to correct what happen under Paterno-Sandusky and not talking 1998-2001 anymore but back to 1971 forward. If they continue to deny and challenge the Victim's Voices they are the ones not MOVING ON and continue to blame PENN STATE but they can't possibly keep doing it without including Paterno?

In essence they have to respect the Victim's Voices and understand the Court of Public Opinion won't let it go and will continue any mocking of Victim's and claims that Penn State University has changed its Paterno Cult Football Culture!

All Penn Staters that want to move on have to RESPECT and ACCEPT Paterno made errors in judgement just like he admitted in hindsight, and Sara Ganim, Triponey, Sally Jenkins, Berstein, Marci Hamilton and Media won't ACCEPT Penn State even with Reforms and Compliance until that Football Culture ACCEPTS Victim's Voices over Dead Man's Legacy that ignored the Victims?.

It will truly be over not just after the Criminal Trials and a return to Top 25 Winning but when the Penn State Football Culture eventuality honors the Children Victims and those that exposed the Scandal and no Football Wins Memories, Made-Up Scenarios, and Culture calling every else LIARS won't be accepted especially Victim's.

This is in direct contradiction of Success with Honor the Culture demands to be respected but they can't IGNORE there can't be any HONOR so long as they DENY nothing HAPPEN and if it did PATERNO wasn't at Fault.

Since Penn State University not only admitted Fault but took Accountability in paying for it and no Paternos' Franco or Alumni can have it both ways until the put the Victim's first and only they will be ignored.

Just like Baylor is no longer accepting Art Briles anymore and parted ways. The New Societal Values will never put WINS above VICTIMS and call it HONOR! I am right as rain on the future.

Penn State must unite and accept the Paterno Era was very much successful and left many if not all Penn State with great memories in those great WINS and some Victims enjoy those Wins as well, but they have Nightmares just the same too?

Anyone from Penn State calling the Victim's Nittany Liars are just missing the point and putting their own Selfish Sad Demands over the Victims and those that reported the Penn State Football Paterno Era Culture will simply not prevail through History.

The Roman Catholic Church still has Faithful Followers and Believers and some are Victims from it and still remain Faithful, to their credit, but the World won't accept nor Honor anyone that had something to do in covering it up, ignoring it, or did not know what to do and got in too deep to change it, and then said, I did Not Know when the Victim's did say, You knew and i told you so??????

This is what Joe Paterno's Followers have to accept too! Not just the Great Things that they think Joe did right, but also his misjudgments that they know he did wrong, in hindsight and accept that was not Honorable either!

Respected? After WWII Nazis escaped via all sorts of fronts. Were they "respected"? Never, ever confuse money and friends with respect. Does PSU have money and friends? Indeed they do. But every time someone like a FUNKO signs his name to a petition or opens his fat uniformed mouth, PSU loses what little respect it has left.
How many living football alums are there? And only a couple of hundred signed! The pressure to sign must have been great, but only a fool would sign a petition like that. I can't think of a better word to describe Funko than Fool.
Germany has paid out $60 Billion in Reparations and some to Israel that did not even exist until 1948 and won't allow anyone putting German Heroes of WWII of being remembered over the Victims the Old German Leadership help create and ignored. (What happen at PSU is not the Holocaust by no means in my opinion and that would be wrong to say it. I am just responding to that comparison showing what is remembered are the Victims and what is ignored are the Leaders that made it happen.)

Same for the Catholic Church they are still paying Settlements and have over 7,000 more to settle and even Pope John Paul II has been declared a Saint and much happen on his watch and he knew it? (What happen with the Roman Catholic Church Altoona-Johnstown Dioceses and many others is also not a fair comparison to what happen at Penn State in magnitude, to be fair to, in my opinion. Again, the Victim's are being saluted today due to the Movie Spotlight and others on the way in Books and Media is my point.)

Penn State can't move on either just paying off Victims that their own Alumni and Fan Base are calling Nittany Liars that happen under Sandusky and during the Paterno Era and Joe admitted he made mistakes ignoring in hindsight, but are demanding Joe must be Honored? (In time, the Victims will be Honored above any one person at Penn State is my point and that includes Joe.)

Same at Baylor University too, Art Briles brought much Pride, Money, New Stadium, and Supporters with NFL Draft Picks to Baylor University by Winning Football Games and no one denying he is not a Great Coach. (However, they won't be building any Statues of Art Briles at Baylor and Baylor has Invited Rape Victims to speak to their Players, Students and Alumni putting them above Briles Wins. Baylor is getting ready to accept Sanctions as well for putting Winning while ignoring Victims is my point. And this is a direct result of what happen at Penn State and why Penn State cannot gain back Paterno Honor until it quits calling Victims' Nittany Liars.)

Even if Penn State thinks they can ignore it, the Media, Books, Movies, Documentaries and Movies won't ignore those stories and why Joe's Legacy won't grow over time like many Old Alumni demand over Winning 409?

Joe's legacy is already ruined like he knew before he died. It will just become smaller and forgotten as New Alumni choose to forget and say.....I was not there when that happen and I ashamed those older folks cared more about Winning than the Victims speaking out.

No question Joe was Great Coach but also now known in running a Football Program out of compliance needing Reforms, ignored Institutional Control, Victim's Allegations that allowed Sandusky to remain a Predator and created admirers that called Victims Nittany Liars?

Penn State can't make that go away and shouldn't be trying to sell it just to placate Older Alumni Memories, in time they will come to know what I am telling them so will that happen one day, and they will say, I don't care anymore and glad it has gone away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT