ADVERTISEMENT

“They were conspiring to protect Penn State.”

The NCAA had no recourse, Franklin wasnt convicted of anything. But I think it was a rather risky move since he could have been indicted later as more came out.

Anyways, despite the good season they had last year and good recruiting, I am happy he is over there, as I still think he is a huge moron, and most likely not a very good coach.

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
The NCAA had no recourse, Franklin wasnt convicted of anything. But I think it was a rather risky move since he could have been indicted later as more came out.

I'd bet there wasn't much risk. They had him sitting on the back burner in case BOB bolted to the NFL for who knows how long. Probably took their time. Remember, that coaching search took fifteen minutes.

Anyways, despite the good season they had last year and good recruiting, I am happy he is over there, as I still think he is a huge moron, and most likely not a very good coach.

It will be interesting to see how he handles going from the hunter to the hunted. Expectations will be super high in happy valley this year. A good coach can handle the switch. I'm not sure how Franklin will do.

"pittdan77, post: 1855860, member: 3668"]Franklin has shown that he's actually a little out of touch with the players. If anything, he doesn't seem like he has much interaction outside of Lasch. He's toned it down a lot.
Great post, and I suspect the same thing and will tell recruits anything with Terry Smith using it Pennsylvania versus Michigan and Ohio. When Smith was caught saying last year on PennLive, Pitt was never a rival even when he played there you know he was towing the Nittany Liar Themes. Neither are genuine in my call and great at Recruiting but Coaching is suspect and it was one of the most Inefficient Offenses in 2016. Player's reconsider after going 11-3 but in 2017 it will be interesting to seas teams will be better prepared unlike Lucky 2016 Second Half catches by Godwin. Miami just pass Penn State as the #1 Class as well. Still, Great Class but 2017 is the test and i can wait to see if I am right. No problem to admit if I am wrong either. Just can see Franklin is a Recruiter more than a Hands On Coach. PSU program has all the Assets to Recruit under any Coach but so does Michigan and Ohio State even better!

Not sure if that's his choice or not but with respect to Vandy, he's probably not squeaky clean but he certainly isn't dirty. Goofy. But that's about it.
JF got impatient waiting to be named head coach at UMD so moved to Vandy and i respect him for it, it showed confidence and initiative and that was tough job to handle in SEC and he did great and is owed respect to that, but his program lacked character. Franklin had no problem, abandoning his Players and the School and took Vandy recruits from them to PSU unlike PN that refused to take his recruits to Pitt from MSU. To me, that is difference between a true Football Coach and one with Glitz and Gift of Gab versus Coaching.

Also,Franklin could not wait to dump Players at PSU and many moved on and out. versus Pitt's PN that took players like Price and gave them confidence to become better with a change of attitude.

Moreover, you have not seen Pitt's PN complain about not having the Recruiting Resources at Pitt, (Two AD's and 2 OCs & Recruiting Staff Vacancies) just takes what he can get and turns them into better Players that love him.

Furthermore, Pitt's PN has far less Discipline Problems at Pitt with his Players off the Gridiron than Franklin's PSU Players some Players cited and two suspended for Bowl Game, and Kam Carter now at Pitt.

Finally, this is Pitt's Coach PN 3rd Year as First Time Head Coach versus Franklin's 7 Years and both doing good. JF has far more Program Resources Support in spending $36 Million versus Pitt making only $34 Million!

Speaking of the rogue few over on BWI, has Crusin emerged? Anyone else that was shouted off the board?
Why argue with Cult Dolts that are just learning how shocked they are in being with a Mob Mentality that Border on KKK, SS, and ISIS In Indoctrination Beliefs of a Righteous Superiority and still can't believe The Worst College Football Scandal In NCAA History Happen At Penn State under the Paterno's Years of Athletic Integrity Errors? Along with Penn State's Admitted and Convicted Crimes?

Marsh Creek, Crusie66, and MichNittLion and a few others prefer to work towards a Penn State they know is better Today and for the Future due to the Freeh-Trustees-NCAA 2012 Athletic Integrity Reforms! Why bother with Cult Dolts on BWI still being Dumb and Dumber and waiting on Appeals now?

First franklin didn't witness his players recording the rape that would mean that he was present for the rape which isn't true.
Now to address the nitwit. Similar to the sandusky mess not everyone involved is prosecuted. You have to have enough evidence that their is a reasonable chance to convict someone. James Franklin was definitely involved in the vanderbilt mess as he told the player to delete the video and called the victim "to check up on her and make sure she was ok!" That is in quote's because that's Franklin's explanation for calling her. But he could have just as easily been fishing for info to see if she was going to go forward with anything. Doesn't mean franklin is guilty of breaking any law but its a red flag and for a university that just came out of the sandusky problems it was a questionable hire. Then you have your president who had his own history with the winston rape/non rape. Basically Psu has made to high profile hires since sandusky and both had past allegations of wrong doing in a rape case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good Post as I read it Penn State Trustees sought out at Head Coaching, the Presidency and Athletic Director with Crisis Management Experience in dealing with Scandals & Athletic Integrity Compliance Deficiencies to clean up the sordid Legacy of 409 Clean Up of the Paterno, Spanier, and Curley Errors!!!!

All in that Penn State Traditional Order, Hire the Football Coach First & Foremost, then New President will follow, and then an Athletic Director who has betrayed her own Principles of Choosing to say Success With Honor to keep her job after being abused by emails when she said Mother's of Victims should com,e First before Football, just to keep her job????

Louie Freeh got that right too, Football Culture is being renewed and reinforced ahead of Community Standards all in the name of 11-3 Season that was the sole purpose of Trustees to hire all 3! I suspect all 3 will be gone within 3 to 5 years.

Last edited:
Goofy is one way to describe Franklin. I think he has a minor mental disability.
I disagree a tad, with due respect to your own views, JF deserves respect and is good role model putting his family first and wearing that on his sleeve for all to see. Just like Coach PN talks about the Lessons PN Learned from his Father.

The difference as I see it, Coach PN just goes about doing his job as Head Coach without Fanfare and concentrates to getting to know his Recruits and Players and inspires them to improve themselves on and off the Gridiron and Film Rooms with attitude and confidence to be better together.

JF Recruits terrific talent and does a good job in bringing his own Players to come together against Ohio, NJ, Maryland, and Michigan and is able to hire Assistants with Higher Salaries, but you can see does little to none Sideline Coaching. Much like Tomlin a Spectator Game Day Coach that can get out coached by by better Coaches like Belichick, Harbaugh, McCarthy, and Kubiak in the NFL or in CFB Saban, Harbaugh, Meyers, Helton, and Narduzzi in my view.

I might be wrong but we shall see in 2017, but Moorhead is teh key, yet, give Franklin some credit for choosing McSorley at QB that makes the PSU O go, but lets see how one of the most Inefficient Offenses in 2016 in the Big Ten improves in 2017?

The point is, nothing has changed there, the new individuals of note (the head coach and school prez, being the #1 and #2 individuals of most importance there) are basically just as bad as the previous. It's not a matter of "those allegedly bad people are gone now."

Whether assaults and such are actually happening at the moment, the atmosphere that allowed for the previous heinous chain of events to occur as they did, encouraged and unfettered for many years, is set up exactly like it was then. Those inclined to do awful things are enabled ... heck, invited...to do their deeds. The venues are there for them. The body of potential victims are there for them to prey upon at their pleasure. If any rogue happened to say something, they'll be silenced and black listed. And even if were to escape the censors and get out, no worries, our army of lawyers, politicians, business sponsors, media and the NCAA are safely in our pocket and won't lift a finger.
I used to argue otherwise and felt it was unfair to say nothing has changed since the Freeh-Trustees-NCAA put in Penn State Athletic 2012 Reforms, and was a fine example of how to correct an University Football Scandal......However, after reading what Freeh said, Paterno's Report now proven fallacies, PMA-PSU Victims Insurance Depositions Under Oath from 1970-80s, and DOE Title IX-Clery Act Fact Finding & Fines and then seeing all the continued Whining, Crying and Attacks on Decency to Defend Paterno & Penn State by Franco, Lubrano, Lord and Cult Dolts on BWI it is coming much clearer that Penn State University has opted to just treading water to continue to move on and Winning is back to everything over dealing with the Alumni, New Trustees and Cult Dolts Fans that deny the Facts in face of their own disbelief's this ever could happen at Dear Old State! The World no longer respects them either and that is not going to change for those that keep making excuses for them.

Harbaugh and Meyers are still there, and in time Franklin will have a tougher time ever beating them than they with him, Just a Hunch!

43RIDJn.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT