ADVERTISEMENT

Actual Morgantown atmosphere thoughts

Changing the subject a bit, here's some of my takeaways from the game atmosphere

- walking into the game was different. WVU fans weren't harassing. First time I experienced that. It was like walking into any other stadium. The other times I've been down there, you get harrassed and sworn out the entire time.

- WVU fans seemed pretty lame to be honest. Maybe its because they suck. Maybe its because we suck but they didnt seem as into the game as they have in the past. The game atmosphere was pretty dead. Probably due to the fact it was boring as hell but they didnt seem loud or hostile. It almost didnt feel like a road game. Really weird vibe.

- The atmosphere at Acrisure was absolutely electric last year and I think WVU fans would agree. A thousand times better than Saturday but again, that's probably due to the fact it was a terrible game.

- Parking down there is very "West Virginia." Parked in some small field a few blocks from the stadium in what seemed to be a lower class or lower middle class neighborhood

- Didnt notice anyone too drunk or any fights. The only annoying thing is any time WVU would do something good, a half dozen or so WVU fans would turn around and flip off the Pitt fan section.

- WV does have to have the ugliest people. Every time I am in WV and I see these people I wonder if they'd look any different if they were born into a rich family in Wexford. I know its a weird thought but you dont see these Mountain-people around here. Well in Fayette County, Greene, etc you do.
wait til you hear what people think about the looks of western PA natives

wait til you hear what people think about the looks of western PA natives

I would agree. Fayette, Greene, southern Washington County are WV wannabees. There are fat, ugly people everywhere but you cannot compare WV with Allegheny County or the border towns like Cranberry, Peters, Murrysville, etc.

Pretty sure this guy is a YouTuber and this is one of his schticks. He did the same thing at a Michigan/Ohio State game if I recall.
Yes, it was obviously a spoof. However, if WVU fans want to get rid of stereotypes and negative images they really shouldn’t do these videos.

They should make real videos of WVU fans partying with the other teams fans before the game…

Yes, it was obviously a spoof. However, if WVU fans want to get rid of stereotypes and negative images they really shouldn’t do these videos.

They should make real videos of WVU fans partying with the other teams fans before the game…

Something about that, didnt seem right. I mean I figured he was doing that for YouTube views but figured he was a real Pitt fan. Though a low-key confrontational A-hole Pitt fan. But it seems like he may be some non-affiliated YouTuber. Still, even though they are drunk students, you have to civil enough to not be so confrontational. They lived up to the stereotypes in that video.

Those are kids. That happens at every game at every stadium. I get you guys are frustrated with your head coach. I done blame you. As someone who has watched alot of football. He seems like he doesn't care anymore. Like he's burnt out. It's a stressful job so it happens to the best of them. Maybe you will get a new coach in a couple of years and you won't have cry about today's youth doing silly stuff like this.

If I would have seen them treating older Pitt fans like that I would have gotten onto them. Most other WVU fans would have too. So no need to go hide underneath your bed.

Something about that, didnt seem right. I mean I figured he was doing that for YouTube views but figured he was a real Pitt fan. Though a low-key confrontational A-hole Pitt fan. But it seems like he may be some non-affiliated YouTuber. Still, even though they are drunk students, you have to civil enough to not be so confrontational. They lived up to the stereotypes in that video.
During my eight hours in Morgonhole, I only observed some chirping while entering and leaving the stadium. Something that one should expect. And most of the exchanges in the lots were civil, if not respectful.
The stadium atmosphere was fine. Plenty loud in spots but very little to cheer about if you were a visitor.
The YouTube thing was meant to provoke drunk students, to do so at your own risk.

Outside of the outcome, a rather pleasant day.

Those are kids. That happens at every game at every stadium. I get you guys are frustrated with your head coach. I done blame you. As someone who has watched alot of football. He seems like he doesn't care anymore. Like he's burnt out. It's a stressful job so it happens to the best of them. Maybe you will get a new coach in a couple of years and you won't have cry about today's youth doing silly stuff like this.

If I would have seen them treating older Pitt fans like that I would have gotten onto them. Most other WVU fans would have too. So no need to go hide underneath your bed.

Honestly, the Tennessee students were more hostile walking in. Just a few "Pitt sucks" or whatever. Not too bad. But nobody at WVU said anything to me. I was just surprised because you hear of that Tennessee southern hospitality. For me, Tennessee was a mix of WVU and Clemson (who were obnoxiously nice). Tennessee definitely had that Applachian Mountain fan type.

Pretty sure this guy is a YouTuber and this is one of his schticks. He did the same thing at a Michigan/Ohio State game if I recall.
Did this kid just come from the eye doctor?

Definitely a schtick, nobody would make themself look that nerdy otherwise.

Honestly, the Tennessee students were more hostile walking in. Just a few "Pitt sucks" or whatever. Not too bad. But nobody at WVU said anything to me. I was just surprised because you hear of that Tennessee southern hospitality. For me, Tennessee was a mix of WVU and Clemson (who were obnoxiously nice). Tennessee definitely had that Applachian Mountain fan type.

Like the Appalachian Mountain types that run through Pennsylvania?

And Pitt games. No reason to trash your own people.

Are you kidding me? I wished those people were Pitt fans. That would mean we could maybe fill the stadium. Pitt gets almost no one to attend other than alums and most Pitt alums dont look like Gulliver from Somerset.

That was more like what I saw when I went down there in the Big East days. People just swearing right at you in your face as you were walking in. I never felt in danger or anything but its uncomfortable to have people walk up to you and say "Eff you." Its just not something you'd ever experience at any other time in your life. The hatred seemed unhealthy. These were students in this video and I didn't seem to walk through any student lots or anything though where they filmed this video seemed to be the area where I parked and about the time of day I got there so I dont know.
If you believe what you just saw was authentic then you have serious issues in life. That was total b.s. And look who provided it: the voice of morgantown. He is trash and NEVER has anything positive to say about WVU. It's called creating divisiveness. It's the school of rush limbaugh/ann coulter/alex jones scum. That was a total setup with obvious actors thrown in there. The guy was even taunting the WVU fans.

Reactions: OmarMarino
West Virginia fans are typically under-educated, low-vocabulary people. They teach their kids to use foul language and swear words at a young age. It is not their fault that they are so belligerent, they are bred and raises that way.

You sound like Fetterman. No doubt you voted for him. Your Mom is perfectly healthy and let her know before she starts asking for back child support you are way to dumb to be mine. So before you start calling me Daddy I'm going to insist on a paternity test.
West Virginia fans are typically under-educated, low-vocabulary people. They teach their kids to use foul language and swear words at a young age. It is not their fault that they are so belligerent, they are bred and raises that way.

See my comment above, in general I think it appeals to the lowest common denominator. (I personally prefer cheering for my team over against / about another.) But hey, let them have their fun. The school endorsement of vulgarity (along with the Rasheed Marshall video pot shot) does nothing to combat their image as a second class institution. But it got them fired up so go on. Funny though, I remember the same school and fan base being awfully thin skinned over Don Ireland. 🤔

Just like many parts of Pittsburgh and Pennsylvania. It's Thursday and I see you are still pretty upset about getting manhandled last Saturday night. Cheer up I'm positive it will go better the rest of the season.

Reactions: Papillion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT