ADVERTISEMENT

After year 1, is Pitt glad that Louisville was asked to join the ACC

Pitt may not be an Ivy, but it's a very good public research university.

Also, neither Louisville, nor Pittsburgh is a Midwestern city.
Pittsburgh is Des Moines with tall buildings. Definitely NOT an Eastern city, though locals are in denial. Nothing like Philly/NYC/Boston/etc. I like it this way.....all the amenities, fewer problems, less cuthroat.

Pittsburgh is Des Moines with tall buildings. Definitely NOT an Eastern city, though locals are in denial. Nothing like Philly/NYC/Boston/etc. I like it this way.....all the amenities, fewer problems, less cuthroat.
Pittsburgh is smaller than those places. It's nothing like Chicago either. The Coast is not the only part of the northeast. The highlands are different than the NE Corridor, but that doesn't make them part of the Midwest. Indy is the quintessential Midwestern city, and it's about as much like Pittsburgh as Tulsa.

Pittsburgh is smaller than those places. It's nothing like Chicago either. The Coast is not the only part of the northeast. The highlands are different than the NE Corridor, but that doesn't make them part of the Midwest. Indy is the quintessential Midwestern city, and it's about as much like Pittsburgh as Tulsa.

Pittsburgh is technically an Eastern City but more in common (atmosphere/friendliness) with the Midwest (IMO).

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
I've been to Tulsa....and will take that as an insult. Pgh & NapTown are different, as are Columbus & Milwaukee. all are Midwestern in atmosphere.

Pittsburgh in the Midwest? That sounded so much like a Philadelphia perspective (their concept of the northeast stops at the Susquehanna River).

Good question. Keeping Maryland would have been the best option for us because it was supposed to be our cross over rival and could have really blossomed in to something good. And personally, I would have much preferred WVU - just for Pitt's sake - not the ACC as whole. UL is definitely superior to UConn and Cincinnati.

My only issue with Louisville is that I would prefer a realignment of the divisions (not something you guys can control obviously). Miami's days of success are over, the school is too small, really lacks the resources (I know this might be surprising but its true actually if you look at their financial data), and plays 20 miles from their campus. VT is good now, but with Beamer moving on soon, and their recent struggles, the shine is off. Clemson, FSU and UL are clearly the dominant players in football for the foreseeable future. It's a shame to have them all in the same division.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT