ADVERTISEMENT

Amnesty respectfully requested

Jun 19, 2001
For many years, I have not been able to have a quality discussion with my brethren from the Pitt fan base.

Not sure how it happened, but one day I lost my posting privileges on your site.

Pitt and West Virginia may be bitter rivals, but we have a lot more in common than some of the teams that both of us are now forced to schedule. A lot of great history and many great memories from battles in years past.

I am hopeful we can once again communicate, and do so in a manner that is reflective of the quality of the two institutions.

Reactions: Hotshoe
For many years, I have not been able to have a quality discussion with my brethren from the Pitt fan base.

Not sure how it happened, but one day I lost my posting privileges on your site.

Pitt and West Virginia may be bitter rivals, but we have a lot more in common than some of the teams that both of us are now forced to schedule. A lot of great history and many great memories from battles in years past.

I am hopeful we can once again communicate, and do so in a manner that is reflective of the quality of the two institutions.

I welcome regular football chatter.

Sure. Keep in mind most Pitt fans don't consider WVU a bitter rival - you know who our rival is.
WVU has a bad reputation when the issue of "quality" comes up and let's just leave it at that.
Glad the bans have been lifted and I look forward to yours and other fans spirited and insightful posts.

Really don't have any interest in playing wvu in any sport due to the actions of their fans
and their rogue academic policies.

So just curious does the Pitt vs Duke game wet your whistle more. I know WVU can be well terrible at times but who is the one team Pitt plays now that brought that much out of Pitt??? NC State, UNC, Duke, Virginia, Wake Forest who? Those games were always heated and no matter what sport it was if Pitt won they had rights and relished in the victory as did WVU if they won. I know rivalries take time but I do not think there will be a team in the ACC that will equal the Pitt vs WVU rivalry.

Last edited:
So just curious does the Pitt vs Duke game wet your whistle more. I know WVU can be well terrible at times but who is the one team Pitt plays now that brought that much out of Pitt??? NC State, UNC, Duke, Virginia, Wake Forest who? Those games were always heated and no matter what sport it was if Pitt won they had rights and relished in the victory as did WVU if they won. I know rivalries take time but I do not think there will be a team in the ACC that will equal the Pitt vs WVU rivalry.

Syracuse.

Ok Pitt and Syracuse have played for several years now and yes there is a little history, but growing up on the Mon River in SW PA I never ever heard of great excitement for the Pitt Syracuse game. Now that might change over time but the Pitt vs WVU game was circled by both fan bases and reached national exposure. I do not think Pitt Syracuse will reach that kind of rivalry hell Pitt vs PSU has a better chance to ignite interest, hatred, intensity than Pitt vs Syracuse. In a perfect world Pitt could get WVU for 2 and PSU for 2. As I have stated I miss the old days

Ok Pitt and Syracuse have played for several years now and yes there is a little history, but growing up on the Mon River in SW PA I never ever heard of great excitement for the Pitt Syracuse game. Now that might change over time but the Pitt vs WVU game was circled by both fan bases and reached national exposure

When in conference adds to the rivalry, in wvu's case is accompanied with hatred and behavior problems.

Syracuse's last visit to the PETE was pretty special and one I'll never forget.

I agree WVU fans can be terrible but come on have you ever punched one it is great. And maybe Syracuse will be THAT game for Pitt. As a PSU fan I miss having a true rival game. Ohio State meh, Michigan come on that's Ohio State rival, Iowa no, Michigan State no, Indiana heck no. PSU true and natural rival(s) are Pitt and WVU. Sorry I am rambling I need to find some IC light to help me through this

I agree WVU fans can be terrible but come on have you ever punched one it is great. And maybe Syracuse will be THAT game for Pitt. As a PSU fan I miss having a true rival game. Ohio State meh, Michigan come on that's Ohio State rival, Iowa no, Michigan State no, Indiana heck no. PSU true and natural rival(s) are Pitt and WVU. Sorry I am rambling I need to find some IC light to help me through this

Sammy, IC light !! That beer gives me a horrible headache! If light beer drink Labatts..

I love IC light but it is hard to get here in NC. My old man used to drink Iron City with tomato juice and pepper.

When just about every Pitt poster is cleared to post on PSU boards, I am sure PSU posters can then post by 2016 when they lose to Pitt..

welcome, OG. you should expect about 50% serious replies to serious comments, and "eat me, stupid hillbilly" from everyone else.

having lived in Kanawha County for 35 years, I miss the Brawl.

I love IC light but it is hard to get here in NC. My old man used to drink Iron City with tomato juice and pepper.

Sammy, my Dad was an all about PITTsburgh in every sense, 16oz steel cans. If you want the best Iron City on draft in PITTsburgh, Jacks on the Southside. You will not be disappointed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT