ADVERTISEMENT

An open letter to Pitt fans

Originally posted by recruitsreadtheseboards:
My god. We can slice and dice this any way we want to, make all the excuses and justifications we want to, but PSU friggin annihilated us this recruiting year. Annihilated.

To show you how this board acts, only last week I can find a post with many replies indicating Kevin Givens is a "stud". Since he flipped, he is now an average 3 star recruit. Come on, which is it?

I can't help that some of you are just so fanboys, that you are essentially the Chris Adamski's of the Pitt world, that you can't look at things from an objective standpoint. And rooting and wanting your team to win and do well should not be enough to lose all objectivity and be able to deal with this from a realistic standpoint. Why does rooting for a team interfere with being able to judge. Look, I love the Penguins and Sidney Crosby more than most. But right now, they and he are playing like Dog Doo Doo. That doesn't make me any less of a fan, and wanting them to win any less. But college football fans are mostly retarded, and by that I mean it is an opiate to your brain functions. Anyways.....

Look, we all know this is not the end, it is a means to an end. That guys bust, and while it still comes down to coaching and development it starts with talent. If it was Pitt who had PSU's class, this place would be on fire and would be laughing at Penn State. THAT is a realistic look, THAT is the correct take on this whole thing.

Pitt is way behind, and PSU's staff is not going to relent. It stole some of our kids, especially Givens just for pure sport and spite. Our so called vaunted coaches couldn't even sell the fact to Givens and Bowers that they were sloppy seconds, and if they were so valued, why didn't PSU offer from the get like Pitt did?

It is time to stop making excuses and justifications for mediocrity. I look at this class and see mediocrity. Sure, Whitehead might be a star, a super star. So was Aaron Donald. Yay. We went 6-6 with Aaron Donald. Tyler Boyd is a super star. We went 6-6 with Boyd. Point here, we always get a superstar. The problem is, we don't get enough good players in the other 20 or so slots and are mediocre.

So....I don't care if yinz hate me, don't like me, if this makes you cry when you read this, you call me negative, no....this is the reality. Now does this mean PSU is going 11-1 and Pitt is going 6-6 in 2-3 years? Not necessarily. But the correlations from strong recruiting class to on the field success is fairly high.

We have to beat them at Heinz in 2016. We have to rub their noses in it. I don't know if Pitt has the talent to do that. We shall see what this staff has, but I am sorry, I know they only had a month, but they never flipped anyone, and had more flips than friggin Greg Louganis in the LA Olympics against us. That is NOT impressive.

So it was great poking the eye of the tiger, engaging PSU, but they bit back and they won this go round. No other way you can spin it. None.
In an open letter to Pitt [/B]fans, you mentioned psu 7 times!...might want to rethink that strategy.

Overthinking this way too much. PSU is irrevelant nationally, has been for more than 20 years, and will continue to be so. Success for them will be a 9-3 season and a mid major bowl win. Unfortunately as we all realize Pitt is in the same boat. If the playoff eventually expands to 16 maybe Pitt or Penn St slip in occasionally, but until then nothing either of them do matters except to their own fans.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT