ADVERTISEMENT

Atletico Madrid

mike412

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Santa Monica, CA
With Real Madrid being tied at home, if Atletico beat Villareal today they would have finished second in La Liga. That would have been big as it would have put RM in the third pod in the Champions League draw.

Atletico blew it, giving up an added-time goal to tie 2-2 and putting RM in pod 2.

If you are a Champions League draw conspiracy theorist like me, it would be hard for them to give RM their usual patsy group draw from the third pod. From the 2d pod, no problem. As they always do, they will draw the weakest team from the first pod, a patsy from pod 3 and a “who are they?” team from pod 4.

Assuming they aren’t barred from Europe for a year, Barca can’t draw Bayern in its group again because they both will be in pod 1. My guess is they draw Arsenal from pod 2, an Italian or German team from pod 3 and a French or German team from pod 4. Or, they will stick them with the worst travel schedule by drawing a Kazakh or Armenian team from pod 4. If none make it through the playoffs, then a Turkish team unless Russia is allowed to participate, which seems unlikely.

If you think this is not reality, look at the groups since 2013. Ten consecutive years of powder puff draws for RM is not luck of the draw.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
With Real Madrid being tied at home, if Atletico beat Villareal today they would have finished second in La Liga. That would have been big as it would have put RM in the third pod in the Champions League draw.

Atletico blew it, giving up an added-time goal to tie 2-2 and putting RM in pod 2.

If you are a Champions League draw conspiracy theorist like me, it would be hard for them to give RM their usual patsy group draw from the third pod. From the 2d pod, no problem. As they always do, they will draw the weakest team from the first pod, a patsy from pod 3 and a “who are they?” team from pod 4.

Assuming they aren’t barred from Europe for a year, Barca can’t draw Bayern in its group again because they both will be in pod 1. My guess is they draw Arsenal from pod 2, an Italian or German team from pod 3 and a French or German team from pod 4. Or, they will stick them with the worst travel schedule by drawing a Kazakh or Armenian team from pod 4. If none make it through the playoffs, then a Turkish team unless Russia is allowed to participate, which seems unlikely.

If you think this is not reality, look at the groups since 2013. Ten consecutive years of powder puff draws for RM is not luck of the draw.
Oh I believe you. Lol. The levels of corruption in football are deeper than we all realize. What’s up with Messi? Big deal on the table to go to Saudi Arabia? Complicated deal to get him to Miami? Will Barcelona step in? Speaking of Saudi Arabia, how about Benzema going there to play for 2 years and $400 million? Unbelievable. And Real Madrid are in talks with Kai Havertz as a replacement? Blahahahahahahaha. I really hope RM gets that deal done. I’ll fly London or Germany to drag his butt onto a plane to Madrid.

Reactions: mike412
The last time RM got a major player from Chelsea? Hazard? That worked out well. Only guy to win 3 Champions League titles without lacing up a boot.

Injuries were/are his big problem. But, he wasn’t lighting up La Liga before he got hurt.

The last time RM got a major player from Chelsea? Hazard? That worked out well. Only guy to win 3 Champions League titles without lacing up a boot.

Injuries were/are his big problem. But, he wasn’t lighting up La Liga before he got hurt.
Yeah he’s a legend and was the best player in the Premier League for a few years. But Chelsea got the best of that deal because RM paid a huge transfer fee, AND there was a 100 million clause on top of it if RM won champions league which they did (twice I think). Sadly though Boehly blew through that money on stiffs 5 times over. Looks like RM are close on Havertz in the range of 60 million, which would be a steal in my opinion for Chelsea.

And as far as Hazard, some chelsea people want him back. I get the nostalgia part if it, but he’s damaged goods and he’s done.

By the way, Messi and Barca are holding talks at this very moment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT