ADVERTISEMENT

Big trouble for Michigan State football

It's impossible that Narduzzi and the entire staff didn't know. To argue otherwise is silly.
That doesn't mean they are all responsible. The coach, the administration, and anybody that affirmatively participated in some way, are the parties that are usually held responsible.
I agree. This is a whole different level of "knowing". If they knew this was going on, they also knew the university was willingly allowing it to go on. For god's sake there is a report that mark Emmert even knew. Nobody even cares what any of the asst. coaches names were when multiple parties that could stop this and even punish the wrongdoers did nothing.

This is beyond football... look at nassar, look at the football players, maybe even worse they're saying the assaults at the hands of the basketball players, this is a huge university wide problem. The university did not even give nassar accusers the time of day and it sounds like they had a very lax approach in regards to their star athletes as well. Even further it could become an NCAA problem if they were to find how many big time programs allow a culture in which star athletes are immune from the legal system.

Pitt needs to "Man Up" and not disrupt the football program over this no matter what.

If Izzo and Dantonio are somehow responsible for what a doctor was doing to a group of female athletes, then so was every other head and assistant coach in all their programs, and everyone who worked for the athletic department.

There were incidents in both the men's bball and football programs. They were worse in bball. In football, there isn't any evidence that the coaches did anything wrong.

Trying to tie the Nassar incidents to coaches in other programs, or suggesting the incidents in football should be seen as worse than they are because of the disgusting Nassar situation is illogical.

Don't worry, Duzz will be the next HC at M St if they fire their HC. We can then get the Ohio St asst next and train him , Pirates we are

I could see where a coordinator might not know about a player or two in trouble for raping women, but we're talking about what 16, 17 here?

1 billion dollars.

That is what some are predicting will be the total payouts from MSU litigation defense/ settlements

Petrino at louisville
The Ped State mess
MSU
Rape at Vanderbilt

Concussion debate ongoing

Lavar ball putting his kids in a pro league

A new pro football league forming for college age kids offering an alternative

Certainly....more stories are coming of behemoth athletic programs preying on young mostly defenseless kids.

I have always believed that big time college sports as we know it is going away.

I now happen to believe it will be sooner than later.

Which leads me back to PITT. Maybe the admin is smarter than we give them credit for.....tearing down a stadium and refusing to get dirty in big time football.

Reactions: bubba31
I've been thinking about this all along - what if the football program gets tied to this mess? Does Narduzzi's name somehow get connected? This is about to get very very ugly in EL.

Its not whether he goes back to MSU, its about whether he was part of the problem and he has to fired by Pitt. This is really depressing...

I wouldn’t be surprised if Dantonio just called it quits, he’s been rumored to be thinking about it for years.

None which is where Narduzzi should be. If Dantonio knew, Narduzzi had to have known. I’m betting the entire staff at MSU knew.
Knew what? About the police and district attorney investigations that didn’t lead to charges? I’m sure they did know. Do Dantonio and by extension Narduzzi deserve punishment for not publicly suspending or punishing a kid that was not charged with a crime?

There is absolutely no way they had anything to do with title IX compliance which is the actual issue.

Reactions: Jakey_John
Lauren Allswede - the now moved on MSU source for the ESPN allegations that investigations were not proper - what does anybody know about her?

Don't worry, Duzz will be the next HC at M St if they fire their HC. We can then get the Ohio St asst next and train him , Pirates we are

You ped state fans are hilarious.

If your guy wasnt fired at Vanderbilt, why would an asst coach on the football team when the issue was a doctor for females know anything.

And IIIIIIIFFFFFF a coach knew anything, why would the university ever hire him back if they fire the rest of the squad? There would be ZERO chance Narduzzi is the next coach of MSU. Absolute -273 degree zero

Petrino at louisville
The Ped State mess
MSU
Rape at Vanderbilt

Certainly....more stories are coming of behemoth athletic programs preying on young mostly defenseless kids.

I have always believed that big time college sports as we know it is going away.

Which leads me back to PITT. Maybe the admin is smarter than we give them credit for.....tearing down a stadium and refusing to get dirty in big time football.

interesting take.

Its not whether he goes back to MSU, its about whether he was part of the problem and he has to fired by Pitt. This is really depressing...

He is going either way, my guess is to be their head coach. Who we training for next with 1.5 million a year ? Schools are paying 4 a year, we are paying pirates money , so .....

Disgusting stuff. Total culture fail in how they handled those cases, from the administration to coaches to local D, which may be why so many sexual assaults and violent incidents involving athletes continued.

If Narduzzi is implicated, he should be gone. Hopefully doesn't come to that because I want to like the guy and I'm not going to root for a coach who aided or covered for athletes who were cornering women in their dorm rooms.

Sadly, you are right. I like the coach, but if he knew things and didn't report it, then he is just as guilty as anyone else. This is really a slippery slope.

I posted this when the PSU stuff was going on. You cannot assume that anyone their had something to do with all of this, even if they knew "something". Sometimes you know, but there is really nothing you can do about it.

I tell this story because in my former company when I started there I was informed that one of the managers was a pedophile. I thought it was just idle chat, but they told me about a case, I googled it and sure enough I found the case docket which was eventually thrown out in court because they didn't want the young kids to have to testify (less than 10 years old). So anyways....I knew this guy was a bad guy. Everyone did.

He was also really smarmy, he drove a van, yes, a Pedo van. I would see him hug other office girls, and I even told them that if he does anything I will be a witness. But he really never did anything except just inappropriate comments or stuff like that.

So I eventually left that company. About 6 months later, I got a phone call from a former coworker who told me to google his name. And BOOM! He was caught having sex with a 13 year old girl for a period of time. This happened back in his hometown in Buffalo. He also was charged with a few other counts. So he was indeed a serial pedophile. I worked there in the same building, for what 8 years? With having the knowledge of his prior incidents, and seeing his creepy ways of looking at girls not to mention driving a Pedo van, what could I do? Go to the police? Because he has a pred stache', pedo van, priors and general creepiness? Go to HR? He was HR. So. I mean, was I complicit in his actions. I knew he was a creep. There was absolutely nothing, and I mean nothing I could really do. Nothing.

So let's stop with the torches and pitchforks and want to throw every person at these Universities in jail where there were systematic failures. There were those in charge, and there were local authorities that failed.

Reactions: Las Panteras
Petrino at louisville
The Ped State mess
MSU
Rape at Vanderbilt

Without the fixed costs or tear down costs of a stadium it provides Pitt with an easy exit from football or downgrade in league if that's what's decided down the road.

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go Pitt & CSU Rams!

Last edited:
Sadly, you are right. I like the coach, but if he knew things and didn't report it, then he is just as guilty as anyone else. This is really a slippery slope.
I will ask this again--what "things" are you suggesting he might have known, but failed to report? The incidents with the football players were all reported to MSU and law enforcement, investigated by outside law enforcement and MSU, and were known to the coaches. In the only case in which charges were actually brought, the players were kicked off the team by Dantonio and out of MSU by the administration immediately. If evidence comes out that football or basketball coaches used their influence to convince law enforcement and the university to decline to pursue charges, then heads should roll. Otherwise, those reported incidents where no charges were brought are a non-story, the same thing happens at every P5 school. Does that make it OK? No-wholesale changes need to be made within college athletics to address this problem. Does that make the reported assaults a scandal that provides the bases to fire football and basketball coaches? No.

If you're suggesting, as i suspect, that a university football coach might have known and kept quiet about the long term, systematic abuse of young girls and women by a physician employed by the university in the MSU medical department, and who specializes in treating athletic injuries to female athletes, particularly gymnasts, I'd say you don't understand much about the way things work at a massive, bureaucratic, educational institution like MSU. In what context would a football coach ever even be informed of such an issue, let alone implicated in it?

This is not the PSU situation, where all of the abuses, enabling and cover-ups occurred within the context of the football program.

It's unfortunate but if anyone decided to investigate the corruption in college football and basketball they probably could shutdown or cripple most of the top programs in both sports.

What they've found to date at Louisville, PSU, MSU, other places isn't even the tip of the iceberg!

Go Pitt & CSU Rams!

I will ask this again--what "things" are you suggesting he might have known, but failed to report? The incidents with the football players were all reported to MSU and law enforcement, investigated by outside law enforcement and MSU, and were known to the coaches. In the only case in which charges were actually brought, the players were kicked off the team by Dantonio and out of MSU by the administration immediately. If evidence comes out that football or basketball coaches used their influence to convince law enforcement and the university to decline to pursue charges, then heads should roll. Otherwise, those reported incidents where no charges were brought are a non-story, the same thing happens at every P5 school. Does that make it OK? No-wholesale changes need to be made within college athletics to address this problem. Does that make the reported assaults a scandal that provides the bases to fire football and basketball coaches? No.

If you're suggesting, as i suspect, that a university football coach might have known and kept quiet about the long term, systematic abuse of young girls and women by a physician employed by the university in the MSU medical department, and who specializes in treating athletic injuries to female athletes, particularly gymnasts, I'd say you don't understand much about the way things work at a massive, bureaucratic, educational institution like MSU. In what context would a football coach ever even be informed of such an issue, let alone implicated in it?

This is not the PSU situation, where all of the abuses, enabling and cover-ups occurred within the context of the football program.
That's just it. If these things were reported but pushed to the side by the head coach and police and university officials, that is not on the staff and other people, it is on the people in charge and authorities.

No, but Pitt fans treated Tom Bradley like the plague. Best case scenario is that Narduzzi is Tom Bradley in this entire mess. Bradley walked away pretty much unscathed.

None which is where Narduzzi should be. If Dantonio knew, Narduzzi had to have known. I’m betting the entire staff at MSU knew.

You're not good at trolling.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy

I am just saying you can't dismiss anything at this point until an investigation runs its coarse. Look, I hope the coaches did their due diligence, but you never know if everything was reported. I am not saying anything more or less. No need to get defensive.

I posted this when the PSU stuff was going on. You cannot assume that anyone their had something to do with all of this, even if they knew "something". Sometimes you know, but there is really nothing you can do about it.

I tell this story because in my former company when I started there I was informed that one of the managers was a pedophile. I thought it was just idle chat, but they told me about a case, I googled it and sure enough I found the case docket which was eventually thrown out in court because they didn't want the young kids to have to testify (less than 10 years old). So anyways....I knew this guy was a bad guy. Everyone did.

He was also really smarmy, he drove a van, yes, a Pedo van. I would see him hug other office girls, and I even told them that if he does anything I will be a witness. But he really never did anything except just inappropriate comments or stuff like that.

So I eventually left that company. About 6 months later, I got a phone call from a former coworker who told me to google his name. And BOOM! He was caught having sex with a 13 year old girl for a period of time. This happened back in his hometown in Buffalo. He also was charged with a few other counts. So he was indeed a serial pedophile. I worked there in the same building, for what 8 years? With having the knowledge of his prior incidents, and seeing his creepy ways of looking at girls not to mention driving a Pedo van, what could I do? Go to the police? Because he has a pred stache', pedo van, priors and general creepiness? Go to HR? He was HR. So. I mean, was I complicit in his actions. I knew he was a creep. There was absolutely nothing, and I mean nothing I could really do. Nothing.

So let's stop with the torches and pitchforks and want to throw every person at these Universities in jail where there were systematic failures. There were those in charge, and there were local authorities that failed.

What do you mean there is nothing you can do about it? Did you notify the police or are you the same as Paterno?

It's unfortunate but if anyone decided to investigate the corruption in college football and basketball they probably could shutdown or cripple most of the top programs in both sports.

What they've found to date at Louisville, PSU, MSU, other places isn't even the tip of the iceberg!

Go Pitt & CSU Rams!

I knew a guy in the Sandusky investigation. He said it could happen anywhere and didn’t believe any administration was above this type of thing .

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
What do you mean there is nothing you can do about it? Did you notify the police or are you the same as Paterno?

Notify the police of what? That is he creepy, wears a ped stache and drives a van? Cause that's all I got. He was already brought to trial and it was dismissed as I said. I can't retry him, I am not the DA. I had no idea he was continually sexually assaulting minors, though was not surprised. What do you want me to do, go to the authorities and say "I think this guy is a creep."

Come on. That is what alot of these armchair moralists want to paint anyone who was in a job or department or a school where this occurred as "complicit". You may have heard stuff, you may have suggested stuff, but if you didn't see anything specific, or are in a position of authority, then there isn't much you can do.

I am relaying this to some of our stupid "fans" who say "well if Narduzzi knew, he should go." Knew what? It is not like McQueary walking in on a kid getting raped and running home to daddy to figure out how to break it to Joe. That is a whole different level of "knowing". Seeing is knowing. Hearing hearsay, and being suspicious is not "knowing".

Notify the police of what? That is he creepy, wears a ped stache and drives a van? Cause that's all I got. He was already brought to trial and it was dismissed as I said. I can't retry him, I am not the DA. I had no idea he was continually sexually assaulting minors, though was not surprised. What do you want me to do, go to the authorities and say "I think this guy is a creep."

Come on. That is what alot of these armchair moralists want to paint anyone who was in a job or department or a school where this occurred as "complicit". You may have heard stuff, you may have suggested stuff, but if you didn't see anything specific, or are in a position of authority, then there isn't much you can do.

I am relaying this to some of our stupid "fans" who say "well if Narduzzi knew, he should go." Knew what? It is not like McQueary walking in on a kid getting raped and running home to daddy to figure out how to break it to Joe. That is a whole different level of "knowing". Seeing is knowing. Hearing hearsay, and being suspicious is not "knowing".

ARE you saying there was nothing you could do without a victim going to police?

ARE you saying there was nothing you could do without a victim going to police?

No. We gave him his own locker, keys and access to company showers and encouraged him to bring his neighborhood kids around with him after hours to show them his workspace. The worst thing, a coworker walked in on him, but walked away and went home and told his mommy. His mommy then told his boss. His boss didn't want to ruin the local authorities weekends so decided to wait until Monday. Then he was so old, he forgot what he was supposed to tell them.

Suits do what suits do. Protect the company and themselves . Maybe themselves first .
Not in a real organization! But Universities personnel believe they work in a world of their own removed from the real world!
These days there's alot of liability ( monetary lawsuits & jailtime) in Corporate America so it's in everyone's best interest to turn in the "bad guys" and not participate in a coverup.
In Corp America you go to your boss, if he or she does nothing you go to the auditors, if they do nothing you go to the external auditors, and if they do nothing go to the SEC. But it never gets to this point!

Go Pitt & CSU Rams!

LOL, you thought the same thing about PSU and the Sandusky scandal. How did that work out for you?
I agree with your second statement....for now.

There was nobody on those Ped St teams that Pitt even wanted...

Hmmm....
2012 PSU 8-4 Pitt 6-7
2013 PSU 7-5 Pitt 7-6
2014 PSU 7-6 Pitt 6-7
Well perhaps you should have.

Yeah not really any difference at all....
Keep the stupidity to the Pedophile State board next time.

LOL, Yea hardly any at all. :rolleyes:
Somebody needs to educate you because you seem to be lacking in basic skills.
Alas.

Yea, 3 wins in a 3 year strech is complete night and day difference huh dip shit?? Lmao.

Both teams were pretty much the exact same... Pedophile St played a easier schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT