ADVERTISEMENT

Bracketology updates…

Blair_45

Redshirt
Feb 21, 2016
Looks like Pitt has moved into the next four out in both Lunardi and Jerry Palm’s latest bracketology updates tonight. It’s possible they could move into the last four out depending upon what happens with some other bubble teams this weekend namely the Wake at Virginia game but I think it goes without saying that assuming Pitt beats Louisville tomorrow night the game at Wake Forest on Tuesday night is absolutely gigantic in terms of Pitt possibly being in the field of 68 come next week this time.

I still don’t see or get how teams like Villanova or teams like Utah, Nevada and Seton Hall or even Wake Forest are ahead of Pitt right now it makes no sense. Pitt has a better overall resume then all 4 or 5 of those teams so we’ll how things shake out in the next few weeks. I knew if Pitt won that game at Virginia a few days ago they would start showing up on a lot of these bracketology boards and rightfully so.

Last edited:
So basically the 8th team out on both. Interesting.

Not sure if I should be rooting for Wake or Virginia. You want the Virginia win to look as good as possible, but then we play Wake twice instead of once, so I would think that helps our overall schedule. Have to beat them either way, of course.

Not sure if I should be rooting for Wake or Virginia. You want the Virginia win to look as good as possible, but then we play Wake twice instead of once, so I would think that helps our overall schedule. Have to beat them either way, of course.
VA holds on to win, despite shooting 1-11 on free throws. Ouch

Needed UVa to win that. Not even a question. For 1, it knocks down a bubble team. For 2, UVa could defend their way to 16-4 and a NET of like 20 or so. So you root for that.

Lunardi for what it’s worth was on early in the first half during the Pitt Louisville game and said he thought of Pitt won it’s remaining home games and just went 1-2 in the games at Wake Clemson and BC they had left that Pitt would be right at the cut line at 12-8 in the ACC and in the NCAA tournament

Lunardi for what it’s worth was on early in the first half during the Pitt Louisville game and said he thought of Pitt won it’s remaining home games and just went 1-2 in the games at Wake Clemson and BC they had left that Pitt would be right at the cut line at 12-8 in the ACC and in the NCAA tournament
I think this is in line with most thoughts on here. 21 regular season wins and 1-2 in the ACC tournament should have us confident. Crazier cuts have happened, just enjoy the ride, there are no true land mine games left (losing to VT would be bad but not back breaking). The team is growing, and becoming cohesive, the last several weeks have been fun.

Reactions: WillyDavis33
I’m thinking more at least 22. But the field seems to get more watered down every week.

I think this is in line with most thoughts on here. 21 regular season wins and 1-2 in the ACC tournament should have us confident. Crazier cuts have happened, just enjoy the ride, there are no true land mine games left (losing to VT would be bad but not back breaking). The team is growing, and becoming cohesive, the last several weeks have been fun.
I think a loss to FSU would be pretty damaging still.

Even if we lose 2 more regular season games we won't be in bad shape, as long as that's not one of them.

Pitt in 3 of 107 brackets. The composite is that they are the 7th team out. Wake is pretty safe as I thought they'd be in the Monday update. The NET is just too good. They are in 85 brackets. Composite is they are the last bye. The 2nd to last bye is UVa. UVa is in 105 of 107 brackets but if you figure they lose at Duke, they absolutely cannot lose Wednesday at BC or in the finale vs GT. BC has hosts 2 big spoiler games this week. They have talent.

I have a feeling its going to be #3 UVa vs #6 Pitt in a defacto play-in game in DC.

Reactions: PittMBA
Pitt in 3 of 107 brackets. The composite is that they are the 7th team out. Wake is pretty safe as I thought they'd be in the Monday update. The NET is just too good. They are in 85 brackets. Composite is they are the last bye. The 2nd to last bye is UVa. UVa is in 105 of 107 brackets but if you figure they lose at Duke, they absolutely cannot lose Wednesday at BC or in the finale vs GT. BC has hosts 2 big spoiler games this week. They have talent.

I have a feeling its going to be #3 UVa vs #6 Pitt in a defacto play-in game in DC.
That’s a positive development to finally see Pitt show up in at least a few brackets. Must not have been til Monday afternoon that they got things updated. Monday morning Wake was still listed as in on only 26 brackets and Pitt nowhere to be seen.

I think a loss to FSU would be pretty damaging still.

Even if we lose 2 more regular season games we won't be in bad shape, as long as that's not one of them.

If we lose 2 games regardless of the opponent, we'll be done as far as the NCAAT. Maybe we'll get in the NIT if we lose no more than 2. We either have to win out and win at least 1 game in the ACCT or lose no more than 1 more regular season game and win 1 in the ACCT to be on the bubble. Of course, if we win the ACCT, that's the other avenue.

If we lose 2 games regardless of the opponent, we'll be done as far as the NCAAT. Maybe we'll get in the NIT if we lose no more than 2. We either have to win out and win at least 1 game in the ACCT or lose no more than 1 more regular season game and win 1 in the ACCT to be on the bubble. Of course, if we win the ACCT, that's the other avenue.
I don’t think missing the NIT is a legitimate concern unless we literally lose out, including a loss to Louisville in the ACCT. A bid seems pretty much locked in at this point; the question is more whether we get one or more home games.

Reactions: Zepley09
I said that before the wake game, so we've now lost 2. We aren't done, though we have zero margin for error and need some help.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT