ADVERTISEMENT

Buccos!

4:05 start times on Saturdays in June and July seem like a terrible idea. I dont go to Pirate games but no way I'd consider sitting in the mid-afternoon sun.

I like the 3:30 football kick times but they absolutely kill the entire day. Wake up, have a couple hours, head down to the game, get home at 9. Day over.
Does cut into your conjecturing time, eh? What if each NCAA team had to play an amputee every fifth Thursday night game? We all suffer for that time missed when you cannot formulate the brilliant ideas and suppositions that you impart here...

4PM start saves Nutting money on A/C from 1PM starts and lights for 7PM starts in Summer months.

i like it, with them fixing long games, these games will be over well before 9pm on weeknights.

smart move..

I like the 3:30 football kick times but they absolutely kill the entire day. Wake up, have a couple hours, head down to the game, get home at 9. Day over.
I don't go to every game, but when I do. I don't care if I have time to do anything else that day, I dedicate the whole day to the game or associated partying, socializing etc. Why are people upset about dedicating a full day to something fun. I never feel guilty about not being productive :)

I don't go to every game, but when I do. I don't care if I have time to do anything else that day, I dedicate the whole day to the game or associated partying, socializing etc. Why are people upset about dedicating a full day to something fun. I never feel guilty about not being productive :)
good point but you have to remember, this is pittsburgh, we invented leaving the game early so we can hurry up and get home to our couches...

it's why our "elder" fan base love heinz/accrisure so much, easy access to get out and get home so they can watch TV..

• Haha
Reactions: Pitt79
good point but you have to remember, this is pittsburgh, we invented leaving the game early so we can hurry up and get home to our couches...

it's why our "elder" fan base love heinz/accrisure so much, easy access to get out and get home so they can watch TV..
I don’t know if/where you sit at Acripuke. But up in 535 we have regulars who skew 55 and up. It has been my observation that the younger fans cut and run early, or don’t show up at all. The oldsters stay till the final gun. And we are watching scores and highlights on our smart phones in game, not Lawrence Welk.

Reactions: jctrack
For you guys who think that they should be playing those Saturday games at night, for the most part that is not an option. Fox has some number (I forget exactly how many it is) of exclusive national television windows for Saturday games as a part of their contract. So if the Pirates want those games to be on television (and newsflash, they do) then those games are not allowed to start after 4:00.

This has been going on for a couple years now. Pay attention next summer when Fox has games on a Saturday that start at 7:15 (or whatever exact time it is that they use) and see that other than the two or three games that Fox has as part of their coverage there are no other 7:00 or 8:00 games on those days. It's not because teams don't want to play on summer Saturday nights. It's because if they want the game to be on television they can't play on summer Saturday nights.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT