ADVERTISEMENT

Early Picks Pitt-Psu-Wvu!

You act like Holgorsen is a huge weakness but he's done more as a coach than Franklin or Narduzzi. Do they have a 10 win season or bcs bowl win as a head coach? Dana does.

Where does all this no qb talk come from? People thought we didn't have a qb last year either and Trickett lit it up while healthy. Oh, and Skyler Howard came in and threw for 829 yards, 8 tds and 0 ints in the 3 games he played in. He has some wheels too. We also have two highly recruited 4-star qbs sitting behind him.

Doogie you really think Howard is as good as Voytik and Hack????Plus your receivers are a bit on the young side this year.What Conference was WVU in when Holgy won those 10 games?I just don't think Holgorsen has done a good job with the talent he's had there,just my opinion.And his assistants have left a lot to be desired in the past.Is Gibby the answer as DC???I'm not smart I'm a Cal State Grad!

Doogie you really think Howard is as good as Voytik and Hack????Plus your receivers are a bit on the young side this year.What Conference was WVU in when Holgy won those 10 games?I just don't think Holgorsen has done a good job with the talent he's had there,just my opinion.And his assistants have left a lot to be desired in the past.Is Gibby the answer as DC???I'm not smart I'm a Cal State Grad!

He was in the Big East, but we also played LSU OOC and hung 70 on ACC champ Clemson in the Orange Bowl.

I 100% think Howard is better than Voytik. I've never seen a QB lock on to one receiver like Voytik Does. Hackenberg is a WAY better NFL prospect, but he hasn't been very good at PSU. The kid threw for 12 TD's and 15 INT's last season. Howard threw for 8 TD's and 0 INT's in 3 games. I guarantee Howard puts up bigger numbers than him if he beats out William Crest.

Dana's QB's and WR's always produce huge numbers... whether its at Texas Tech, Houston. Okie State or WVU. The guy has plenty of room to grow as a HC, but there's no denying he is an offensive genius. Nobody thought we had a QB last year and Trickett lit it up. Nobody thought we had WR's last year and Kevin White was the 7th pick in the draft. QB and WR production will never be a problem for Holgorsen.

Time will will if Gibby is the answer, but the D was greatly improved last year and we have a lot coming back. We have a ton of talent in the secondary. We currently have 4 guys who are pretty much sure thing future NFL draft picks (Karl Joseph, Daryl Worley, KJ Dillon and Dravon Henry) and we add a couple big time recruits (Tyrek Cole and JUCO All American Rasul Douglas). Lot of experience at LB and solid depth on the d-line. On paper it's our best defense in years.

We were ranked in the top 15 in week 9 and lost on a last second FG to TCU, who might have been the best team in the country. The season went down hill after that tough loss, but we were close to being a 9 or 10 win team last year. We have a tough road schedule this year, but we still have a chance to have a nice season.

Wish we all 3 played each other so we wouldn't only have to talk about it on a message board.

You act like Holgorsen is a huge weakness but he's done more as a coach than Franklin or Narduzzi. Do they have a 10 win season or bcs bowl win as a head coach? Dana does.

Holgrosen has been at WVU longer than Franklin and Narduzzi just came, this is not an argument and no relevant comparison can be made until we see all three over 5 years each?

Where does all this no qb talk come from? People thought we didn't have a qb last year either and Trickett lit it up while healthy. Oh, and Skyler Howard came in and threw for 829 yards, 8 tds and 0 ints in the 3 games he played in. He has some wheels too. We also have two highly recruited 4-star qbs sitting behind him.

Holgrosen was playing two QBs was he not, even he had some problems in that and so that is where some QB talks comes from?

Last edited:

Holgrosen had a problem from day one when Stewart and him had to share coaching as Stewart undermined him due to luck's arrangement, Holgrosen has had Staff problems, and now Holgrosen went over his Scholarship limit by 9 Ships and WVU has to unload some Vet Role Players?

Even Holgrosen is quoted in saying he is near a Championship Caliber Team in 2015, so 9 to 10 wins is his expectation too. If he does that I think he is quite safe. If win 8, maybe another year. If he wins 7 or less, I am just told many will want him out.

He was in the Big East, but we also played LSU OOC and hung 70 on ACC champ Clemson in the Orange Bowl.

I agree, 10 wins is still ten wins and he destroyed Clemson and I enjoyed that game very much.

I 100% think Howard is better than Voytik. I've never seen a QB lock on to one receiver like Voytik Does. Hackenberg is a WAY better NFL prospect, but he hasn't been very good at PSU. The kid threw for 12 TD's and 15 INT's last season. Howard threw for 8 TD's and 0 INT's in 3 games. I guarantee Howard puts up bigger numbers than him if he beats out William Crest.

Very fair comment, plus OL had much to do with QB protections and run games, fair comment. I like Voytik because he can run! To be fair, Hack had little protection and no run game.

Dana's QB's and WR's always produce huge numbers... whether its at Texas Tech, Houston. Okie State or WVU. The guy has plenty of room to grow as a HC, but there's no denying he is an offensive genius.

I can accept that, but is he a better Head Coach or OC? Pederson had him on his lists but few to none wanted to play under Pederson!

Nobody thought we had a QB last year and Trickett lit it up. Nobody thought we had WR's last year and Kevin White was the 7th pick in the draft. QB and WR production will never be a problem for Holgorsen.

I thought you had both so Nobody not accurate, but you had a tough schedule as well, and lost some close games too.

Time will will if Gibby is the answer, but the D was greatly improved last year and we have a lot coming back. We have a ton of talent in the secondary. We currently have 4 guys who are pretty much sure thing future NFL draft picks (Karl Joseph, Daryl Worley, KJ Dillon and Dravon Henry) and we add a couple big time recruits (Tyrek Cole and JUCO All American Rasul Douglas). Lot of experience at LB and solid depth on the d-line. On paper it's our best defense in years.

Did Bradley have anything to do with that, it did seem to improve when Bradley came to WVU?

We were ranked in the top 15 in week 9 and lost on a last second FG to TCU, who might have been the best team in the country.

A good coach does not let a 15th ranking drop the remaining games does he? Or is tat a sign, he may not be a good Head Coach? I mean, shouldn't a Team be better after Game 9 and win more?

The season went down hill after that tough loss, but we were close to being a 9 or 10 win team last year. We have a tough road schedule this year, but we still have a chance to have a nice season.

I agree, we shall see? Holgrosen said the same thing!

Wish we all 3 played each other so we wouldn't only have to talk about it on a message board.

I always thought Penn State made a mistake joining the Big Ten and not considering the ACC!

I also thought that the ACC madea big mistake not taking WVU & Rutgers with Cuse & Pitt!

I still think the Big-12 hs made a mistake not to take BYU, UCincy, UConn, and USF!

The talk is still good, and your insights are welcomed, and made me rethink my own thoughts, but we shall see?

I owe you an apology, in an earlier Post, you were correct and I was wrong, I was responding to sharing and correcting the difference of Willie Lump Comments, not your own. It was difficult to read these new Boards and I made a grave error in responding to Willie Lump Posts and saying it was your posts when you objected, I was in error and please accept my apologies. If I can ever find the old thread I will correct my posts. Please keep posting, you have excellent insight.

On Barkley, I just have an hunch this is a very good Running back and in my opinion, maybe the best of all recruits at that position. I wish Pitt had taken him. This is a quiet performer will be a great one, juts my opinion. I had the same hunches on Roethlisberger, Fitzgerald, Revis, McCoy and Boyd and I think Franklin will play him as soon as he comes in and adapts to the Offense and by the end of the year, i think he will be a starter.

Tell me why you think he will not play?
I think can be a good one just not yet. Lynch is definitely the starter and they have 3 redshirt freshmen with some talent as well.

Ive never been impressed with Voityk or Hack. Pitts qb forces it to boyd and hack has,been an easy sack turnover machine. I think WVU would put a hurt on both PA teams.

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
Flaeer what's great about debating who would win between these teams in 2015 is they don't play.So everyone's opinion could be right but we'll never know.I just think PSU has the best defense of the 3 and they'd win.Pitt has the best offense of the 3 and I think they would beat WVU but lose a close game to PSU.But Coach Pat is an unknown factor here and maybe he's a terrible hc,we don't know.Or on the other hand he might be a brilliant hc and win 10-11 games his first year?I've had my doubt's about Holgy since 2012 with all that offensive talent and a 7-6 record,ouch!Great oc though,can't take that away from him!

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
Ive never been impressed with Voityk or Hack. Pitts qb forces it to boyd and hack has,been an easy sack turnover machine. I think WVU would put a hurt on both PA teams.

We can all think all we want, but PITT, PSU, & WVU have way more to do to be Top 25 Programs again and I can accept that, WVU is ahead of PITT and Franklin's PSU too.

I posted before the Teams PITT, PSU, and PSU beat in the Top 25 rankings the last 5 Years, and WVU did the best, PSU played against most, and PITT did better in Bowls, but those are all lame claims to fame that flamed out more than catching fire?

I stand by my thinking for 2015, Pitt has the better Offense that should be very good unless its Coaching is very bad! The Defense should be better by the the end of season, but that is a bigger unknown. The Special Teams should be better because Coach Pat hired one of the best at that Pitt Staff position. When Dumbo chryst thought he never needed one and lost 2 to 3 games due to Special Teams every year as he tired learn to go from OC to Head Coach and nobody would hire him, except Pitt's Poisonous Pederson? The Schedule is tougher on Pitt with 3 Top 25 Preseason Teams and 1 to 2 Sleepers.

Penn State has a great Defense and will be very good too, in my opinion. If Franklin & Staff produces a decent OL everything comes alive for Penn State on Offense under a protected Hack Attack, Running Game, and Wideouts! The Special Teams should be good just from the talented recruits that have come to Penn State the last 2 years. The Schedule favors the Lions as well with just 2 Top 25 Preseason Teams and 1 Sleeper.

WVU has a little of both, a dependable Offense created by Holgrosen and a chosen QB if he can stay healthy. The Defense is almost all back, and that means some smart experienced players, maybe not as good as PSU but better than PITT. Special Teams should be good and does not need to be great. Yet, WVU Schedule is a challenge again and the Away Games in particular could take a toll with just 3 Top 25 Rankings and 2 more Sleepers?

The key for all 23 Program's Teams are, stay away from the injuries, and all can have 8 win seasons, and if great coaching comes to fruition 9 to 10 should not be unexpected?

Yet, a key injury or injuries could put all these Teams in 5, 6, 7 win area as well!

I think can be a good one just not yet. Lynch is definitely the starter and they have 3 redshirt freshmen with some talent as well.

I think I have been told Barkley is coming late to the Team for some reason, and that may delay his progress, but I have a hunch, he is very good, and his talent can't stay on the bench. It will depend if he is smart too.

Like Jimmy Johnson's says, they can have all the talent in the universe, but I can't coach dumb, they have to play mentally too, or they won't play?

We shall see if my hunch is right, but if he starts any games or gets 4 to 8 carries, it tells me he is good, just based on what you know about the other PSU RBs!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT