ADVERTISEMENT

EPL starts this friday...

Allan McMurray

Junior
Gold Member
Oct 10, 2022
What say we gang? @Fk_Pitt I saw Nkunku is out for an extended period of time following knee surgery.

I think Palace could be relegation favorites. They have lost and probably will lose a few more and not replaced with enough. ManU could be a surprise, they're really hyping up Haaland Jr. there. West Ham are desperate to add but have been rebuked at just about every turn.

Matty Turner cleared his medical and will be probably starting for Forest. I like this move. I think Forest stay up again. Where does Horvath end up, Luton had him on loan from Forest. Gabby Slonina is off to Belgium on loan as well.

Saudi Arabia has been a thorn in the side major association football in Europe.

What say we gang? @Fk_Pitt I saw Nkunku is out for an extended period of time following knee surgery.

I think Palace could be relegation favorites. They have lost and probably will lose a few more and not replaced with enough. ManU could be a surprise, they're really hyping up Haaland Jr. there. West Ham are desperate to add but have been rebuked at just about every turn.

Matty Turner cleared his medical and will be probably starting for Forest. I like this move. I think Forest stay up again. Where does Horvath end up, Luton had him on loan from Forest. Gabby Slonina is off to Belgium on loan as well.

Saudi Arabia has been a thorn in the side major association football in Europe.
Yeah I saw Mo Salah is now exploring SA? Nothing would make me happier then to see him go. The McCallister CM move I think makes Liverpool better and losing Salah makes them worse.

I’m frustrated because the injury plague really killed Chelsea’s last two seasons, and now already it appears that we’ve lost our best attacking player to a major injury. I know I should not be crying as a fan of a big club, but the injury thing at Chelsea has been ridiculous. I saw the jersey numbers released today and I’m not liking the looks of the Squad. Unless Poch is worth his weight in gold, this reeks of a mid table team. Btw, does Chelsea start the season without a sponsor on their jersey? Don’t think I’ve ever seen that one before.

Sorry for the Chelsea centric post. But yeah I’m excited for the new season, even if my squad is a bunch of new guys that I’m not relating to yet.

My top 4? I’ll say:

City
Liverpool
United
Arsenal

Reactions: Allan McMurray
Not yet announced but it appears we have our sponsor. It’s a US based tech firm, allegedly, and was just formed this year.

Rapinoe plays for Chelsea? Quick hair color change?
You mean the guy on the right? That’s Mudryk from Ukraine. He’s 19 or 20 and might be the fastest player I’ve seen in a long time. He took the #10 from Pulisic. Let’s hope he’s at least as good. It remains to be seen. He’s the player chelsea swooped in for in January from under Arsenals nose and signed him for like 100 mil. He then went on to score 0 goals over the next 5 months.

Spurs accept $110 million for Kane.

Liverpool have outbid Chelsea for Caicedo 😳
I don’t believe for one minute that Liverpool will pull off a 100 million Caicedo deal when they won’t pay 50 for Lavia. I think there’s a cat and mouse between chelsea, Liverpool, Lavia and Caicedo. And for me, I don’t care what happens because Chelsea has Adams now. Statistically Adams is the same as Caicedo.

As of this very minute, I think Caicedo will be a Chelsea starter and Adams will be the backup. Will probably know more within 24 hours.

Not EPL, but certainly we may see a trickle down from this.

Tuchel wants Kepa at Munich, so I can see Kepa moving on and a race for Munich and Madrid to sign a new GK.

Matty Turner with the start in goal and, well, arsenal is looking like world beaters. Nothing Turner can do. Saka’s goal was a worldie.

Tough start for the Hatters having to play Brighton going down 1-4. I think them along with Aston Villa are ones to watch to try and crack the top 4. Each have superb managers. Unai saved Villa from possible relegation and DeZerbi didn't miss a beat after taking over to Potter.

Fulham with the smash n grab of the day.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Last edited:
Man Liverpool is loaded. Thank the lord chelsea stepped up and outbid them for Caicedo. Mac Allister is going to transform that team, and a solid #6 behind him freeing him up to make plays would make Liverpool a legit contender. They might anyway. That’s why I think Tyler Adams would be a great fit there.

Ridiculous money for a #6. If he ends up as good as Kante I’ll eat my words. But that’s a lot of money for a player that young and at that position. Sorry Liverpool.

That said, with the way Conor Gallagher played brilliantly today in a double pivot vs Liverpool, Chelsea might have been fine this season without this signing.

Now let’s see what happens with Tyler Adams.

Man Liverpool is loaded. Thank the lord chelsea stepped up and outbid them for Caicedo. Mac Allister is going to transform that team, and a solid #6 behind him freeing him up to make plays would make Liverpool a legit contender. They might anyway. That’s why I think Tyler Adams would be a great fit there.
Mac Callister was really good in the WC and for Brighton last year. I get that he's older than guys like Caicedo and Fernandez but getting him for a lot less than what those guys went for looks like a real steal for Liverpool.

They have a ton of Irish fans too so I'm sure he'll be a fan favorite

Mac Callister was really good in the WC and for Brighton last year. I get that he's older than guys like Caicedo and Fernandez but getting him for a lot less than what those guys went for looks like a real steal for Liverpool.

They have a ton of Irish fans too so I'm sure he'll be a fan favorite
It’s an absolute steal, considering they wanted Bellingham and of course Bellingham went to Madrid for 115 mil or whatever it was. To get Mac Allister who is probably better than Bellingham at this very moment, and to get him for 40 or whatever it was, allowed them to spend in other areas and Liverpool spent some good money this year.
Today, he played in a holding role which isn’t really his game. They need a 6 and Chelsea are likely signing both of Liverpool’s targets (Caicedo and Lavia). Personally I wouldn’t mind Liverpool throwing a couple more dollars to get Lavia, because Conor Gallagher was brilliant today and I’d like him to stay at Chelsea. But if Chelsea sign Lavia, then I’d think Conor will move on. Which is a shame. I hate when teams want shiny new toys when they have one of their own already there.

Reactions: brdst11
Just watched the last 20 minutes of wolves v United. Down 0-1, wolves were really pushing. They had numerous chances and United’s new keeper did his job very well. In the last minute, he clearly fouled a Wolves player badly. It went to VAR and no penalty was given. Typical home cookin for United and they were lucky to escape with the win.

Wolves looked like they won’t be an easy match for anyone.

Just watched the last 20 minutes of wolves v United. Down 0-1, wolves were really pushing. They had numerous chances and United’s new keeper did his job very well. In the last minute, he clearly fouled a Wolves player badly. It went to VAR and no penalty was given. Typical home cookin for United and they were lucky to escape with the win.

Wolves looked like they won’t be an easy match for anyone.
Wolves showed massive fight.

If that’s the Wolves keeper doing that to Rashford…penalty. I seriously despise Manchester United much like penn state and ccwv

Cant wait until this tinpot “massive” club get knocked out in the group stage

Wolves showed massive fight.

If that’s the Wolves keeper doing that to Rashford…penalty. I seriously despise Manchester United much like penn state and ccwv

Cant wait until this tinpot “massive” club get knocked out in the group stage
The post game was interesting just now. They ALL said it was a clear penalty but Tim Howard said that he knew it was not going to be given because it never ever is.

But my lord, Onana came out to punch the ball and missed by a country mile and destroyed to players instead. If that’s not a foul, then what is? Ref could have given two penalties since he took out two players. Lol.

The post game was interesting just now. They ALL said it was a clear penalty but Tim Howard said that he knew it was not going to be given because it never ever is.

But my lord, Onana came out to punch the ball and missed by a country mile and destroyed to players instead. If that’s not a foul, then what is? Ref could have given two penalties since he took out two players. Lol.
Everyone except VAR and Tim think it was pen. Tim is representing the GK union, i wasnt shocked at his response.

Country is correct. And to top it off Gary O’Neil gets a yellow. What a slap in the face

F3hS9xRWMAAkZWU

• Angry
Be interesting to hear the various Sirius shows takes. Gary O’Neil and Wolves have already been informed var screwed up

Be interesting to hear the various Sirius shows takes. Gary O’Neil and Wolves have already been informed var screwed up
No harm no foul. Refs get a week off. Let’s see how important United’s 2pts gained thanks to this crew will be at seasons end.

Better yet, could it negatively affect Wolves who are relegation favorites. This crew should be suspended for 5 games. The var official is the biggest clown in this. I mean you can kind a give the on field referee, a pass, maybe he didn’t have the best angle. But that’s what VAR is for.

Better yet, could it negatively affect Wolves who are relegation favorites. This crew should be suspended for 5 games. The var official is the biggest clown in this. I mean you can kind a give the on field referee, a pass, maybe he didn’t have the best angle. But that’s what VAR is for.
Liverpool and United own VAR. I can’t imagine the mental tug of war in the VAR office when they play each other.

• Angry
Listen, I’m a chelsea fan so no one is going to shed tears for me. But there are consequences to this bias that seems to exist.

Less than two years ago in the year after winning the UCL, Chelsea played Liverpool in both the League Cup and FA Cup Final. Chelsea lost both in penalties. But working off memory, I think Chelsea had 4 goals disallowed by VAR. Granted, all but one seemed to be the correct call…but you can’t help but wonder if the shoe were on the other foot if they would have made the correct call. And the one was a great goal scored by Lukaku that was tighter than anything you’ll ever see and they waved it off. Lukaku then fell out of favor with Chelsea and he and the club are still feeling the effects of his unsuccessful transfer to Chelsea, and Tuchel was sacked not even a year later. So there’s certainly a chain of events that you could track back to those VAR decisions. If Chelsea wins a domestic double that season in addition to the Club World Cup…would ownership have fired Tuchel for Graham freaking Potter a few months later, disassemble the roster and spend a billion on a rebuild? Lol.

Last edited:
So I just read this is Michael Salisbury's 2nd suspension in less than 6 months. This guy should be relegated to the Championship.

Listen, I’m a chelsea fan so no one is going to shed tears for me. But there are consequences to this bias that seems to exist.

Less than two years ago in the year after winning the UCL, Chelsea played Liverpool in both the League Cup and FA Cup Final. Chelsea lost both in penalties. But working off memory, I think Chelsea had 4 goals disallowed by VAR. Granted, all but one seemed to be the correct call…but you can’t help but wonder if the shoe were on the other foot if they would have made the correct call. And the one was a great goal scored by Lukaku that was tighter than anything you’ll ever see and they waved it off. Lukaku then fell out of favor with Chelsea and he and the club are still feeling the effects of his unsuccessful transfer to Chelsea, and Tuchel was sacked not even a year later. So there’s certainly a chain of events that you could track back to those VAR decisions. If Chelsea wins a domestic double that season in addition to the Club World Cup…would ownership have fired Tuchel for Graham freaking Potter a few months later? Lol.
I think firing Tuch's was a mistake at the time. VAR does effect teams differently but the it's a crusher to the lower level EPL clubs because it just reinforces the notion that big clubs get favoritism. No way they were gonna allow the red douchebags not get 3 there.

I’ve mentioned a couple times here that Liverpool was Moises Caicedo away from having a contending team. Then Caicedo signed with Chelsea. Liverpool also wanted Lavia, and Chelsea are signing him. Now there’s this…

And then there’s this:

• Wow
Speaking of Liverpool, we are calling this chelsea midfield the LFC midfield, considering all 3 players went to Chelsea after Liverpool bid on them.

Lavia Fernandez Caicedo= LFC

F3mgaTLWIAAXyc1

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT