ADVERTISEMENT

EPL starts this friday...

Matty Turner with a key save to keep it 1-1 before Forest got the winner. Nothing he could do about the goal he gave up, gave it a valiant effort

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Hot rumor is $60 million. Mitro isn't worth $40 million let alone $60...but that's a nice chunk of change in coffers.

Hot rumor is $60 million. Mitro isn't worth $40 million let alone $60...but that's a nice chunk of change in coffers.
The Saudi’s present a nice get out of jail free card because they overpay. You guys can get Balogun and have money for another piece maybe. Unless arsenal are firm on 60mil.

Funny thing about Brits. They are aholes. I saw a thread yesterday on Balogun where most were ripping him and comparing him to garbage players. Chelsea fans were saying Broja is better. And even rationale guys like Neil Spy Barnett are not high on Broja as a #9 but is high on Balogun.

If Balogun had declared for England, imagine how much English fans would yearn for him at their club.

Much like MLB home plate umpires, var is a sham. Not even close to being a penalty against Ream today and his first yellow wasn’t really one either.

Much like MLB home plate umpires, var is a sham. Not even close to being a penalty against Ream today and his first yellow wasn’t really one either.

I saw the replay of that second yellow, and that wasn't even a foul let alone a yellow and a penalty.

Liverpool bought a penalty today with a flop in the very top corner of the penalty area today as well. They have to do something about these guys who at the slightest contact drop over like they have been shot, or worse yet jump up in the air and then fall down like they have been shot, in an attempt to sucker the ref into calling a penalty.

I saw the replay of that second yellow, and that wasn't even a foul let alone a yellow and a penalty.

Liverpool bought a penalty today with a flop in the very top corner of the penalty area today as well. They have to do something about these guys who at the slightest contact drop over like they have been shot, or worse yet jump up in the air and then fall down like they have been shot, in an attempt to sucker the ref into calling a penalty.
Liverpool pen was just as bad. I’ve always advocated a straight red for a flop or dive but that will never ever happen.

And that pen isn’t why Fulham lost. No sour grapes or ref blaming, they were dogshit today

The Saudi’s present a nice get out of jail free card because they overpay. You guys can get Balogun and have money for another piece maybe. Unless arsenal are firm on 60mil.

Funny thing about Brits. They are aholes. I saw a thread yesterday on Balogun where most were ripping him and comparing him to garbage players. Chelsea fans were saying Broja is better. And even rationale guys like Neil Spy Barnett are not high on Broja as a #9 but is high on Balogun.

If Balogun had declared for England, imagine how much English fans would yearn for him at their club.
I think they'd still be down in him unless he was successful in the EPL. They're EPL obsessed but plenty of good leagues and players elsewhere

Big win for Spurs. Ange is a good coach who's been successful everywhere he's been across 3 continents. Not the biggest name but Celtic fans weren't sold on him early either but once he implemented his system it was really successful.

He'll find good players with the Kane money and he doesn't have that drama hanging over his team anymore.

Big win for Spurs. Ange is a good coach who's been successful everywhere he's been across 3 continents. Not the biggest name but Celtic fans weren't sold on him early either but once he implemented his system it was really successful.

He'll find good players with the Kane money and he doesn't have that drama hanging over his team anymore.
They played really well. Nice win. Made Manchester United look more like Sheffield United.

Brits shoulda let Roman stay in charge
Can’t turn over an entire roster in a year. Soccer doesn’t work that way. It’s gonna take time. But it will be painful for people like me. Love our possession and build up and having the ball for 80% of the game is fun. But generating one goal off of that isn’t fun. But in the last 10 minutes, needing one goal and up one player on the pitch, it turned into the worst display of soccer I’ve ever seen. They looked like panicked high school girls. That’s the kind of thing I think Poch will fix.

Another thing…with Reece James we get results, and without him due to injury we lose. It’s been that way for two years now. It’s an exact science. But that guy is 3 times more injury prone than what they knocked Pulisic for. Yet you never hear the “made of glass” slams from the intolerable English fans.

What say we gang? @Fk_Pitt I saw Nkunku is out for an extended period of time following knee surgery.

I think Palace could be relegation favorites. They have lost and probably will lose a few more and not replaced with enough. ManU could be a surprise, they're really hyping up Haaland Jr. there. West Ham are desperate to add but have been rebuked at just about every turn.

Matty Turner cleared his medical and will be probably starting for Forest. I like this move. I think Forest stay up again. Where does Horvath end up, Luton had him on loan from Forest. Gabby Slonina is off to Belgium on loan as well.

Saudi Arabia has been a thorn in the side major association football in Europe.
Man. I’m enjoying Fulham beating Arsenal right now, but Jedi is scaring me. His sofascore for this match can’t be good right now. I’m wanting to switch over to watch Matty Turner who is beating Man U right now, but I can’t turn off Fulham.

Man. I’m enjoying Fulham beating Arsenal right now, but Jedi is scaring me. His sofascore for this match can’t be good right now. I’m wanting to switch over to watch Matty Turner who is beating Man U right now, but I can’t turn off Fulham.
Jedi is at a 6.3 right now, lowest in the squad today. The metrics support what my eyes are seeing.

Sofascore? Do they call it that because it's the score that two guys sitting on their sofa come up with?

:p

Roller coaster game. Kenny didn’t need to make that kind of challenge. He knew he did wrong.

Bassey was absolutely pulled down in the play leading up to Arsenals 2nd goal.

Palhinha, the best EPL defensive mid you’ve never heard of.

Gutsy 1 point and Traore almost got them the full 3 at the end.

Marco Silva unloaded on the referee and league post game.

Roller coaster game. Kenny didn’t need to make that kind of challenge. He knew he did wrong.

Bassey was absolutely pulled down in the play leading up to Arsenals 2nd goal.

Palhinha, the best EPL defensive mid you’ve never heard of.

Gutsy 1 point and Traore almost got them the full 3 at the end.

Marco Silva unloaded on the referee and league post game.
Wait. They got a result? I turned it off when they went a man down. Excellent news? F Arsenal.

Holy cow. West Ham beat Brighton today 3-1, while having 21% of the ball.

Last week, West Ham beat Chelsea 3-1 while having 24% of the ball.

Frauds? Or an incredibly well coached and talented counter attacking team?

Soccer is a crazy game.

Soccer is a crazy game.
I think it’s just a hot start by West ham. Although they did win the Europa conference tournament last year. I think they’re a decent enough side, easily capable of finishing top eight.

Soccer is a crazy game.

I watched a good bit of yesterday's game. They basically don't want the ball. They let Brighton have the ball all game long, but damn, when they got it they were ruthless on the counter. They probably could have had a couple more.

I don't know how well that would work against a really good team. Like imagine how many goals City might score if they give them 75-80% of the ball. But against the teams a step or two further down, like Brighton and Chelsea, it can work wonders if you are really good at it.

I watched a good bit of yesterday's game. They basically don't want the ball. They let Brighton have the ball all game long, but damn, when they got it they were ruthless on the counter. They probably could have had a couple more.

I don't know how well that would work against a really good team. Like imagine how many goals City might score if they give them 75-80% of the ball. But against the teams a step or two further down, like Brighton and Chelsea, it can work wonders if you are really good at it.
Sheffield United had 14% of the ball vs City today, and they held city without a goal for around 80 minutes. It was nuts.

I think it’s just a hot start by West ham. Although they did win the Europa conference tournament last year. I think they’re a decent enough side, easily capable of finishing top eight.
Given their budgets, shouldn't EPL teams always win that tournament if they're trying?

When a team like Forest sells Brennan Johnson do they do it because they feel it’s just a matter of time before he goes anyway? I don’t know when his contract was up but is it a situation of we may as well get something for him?

That field at Luton looked to be in really poor shape already. If they don't get a handle on that quick, what is that place going to look like in January and February?

Given their budgets, shouldn't EPL teams always win that tournament if they're trying?
They should, there are some traditional euro clubs from Serie A, and Ligue 1 that had an off season that could be in contention....but yes definitely they along this season with Aston Villa should be in prime position to win it.

Reactions: brdst11
That field at Luton looked to be in really poor shape already. If they don't get a handle on that quick, what is that place going to look like in January and February?
I think the romance, will fade quickly. I do like the quirks of the stadium but it's rough.

They should, there are some traditional euro clubs from Serie A, and Ligue 1 that had an off season that could be in contention....but yes definitely they along this season with Aston Villa should be in prime position to win it.
Eh. Let them all participate. It’s cute. We all know that LaLiga will win it, right Mike?

I think the romance, will fade quickly. I do like the quirks of the stadium but it's rough.

I'm not even talking about the stadium as a whole. I'm talking about the actual condition of the pitch. For example, there were a lot of brown/bare spots in what on television was the near left side of the field. How does the pitch look like that in their first home game of the season on September 1? If it's that bad now, what's it going to look like in the winter?

I'm not even talking about the stadium as a whole. I'm talking about the actual condition of the pitch. For example, there were a lot of brown/bare spots in what on television was the near left side of the field. How does the pitch look like that in their first home game of the season on September 1? If it's that bad now, what's it going to look like in the winter?
They had to do a lot of renovations over the summer. They couldn’t even play their first home game. I suspect they rushed the field and, well this is what we got

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT