ADVERTISEMENT

Fla St not in... calls for leaving ACC in 3...2...1

West Coast Panther

Scholarship
Aug 16, 2001
Buckle up, this is all that wer'e going to hear in the next year.

The reality is that they're not the same team after Travis went down, but their fanbase will start beating the drum - literally - for leaving once again.

Which objectively wouldn’t make any sense on their part. They had almost zero chance of winning it without Travis this season.

Moving forward when we go to 12 teams and eventually 16 every 1 loss P5 team is going to make it, as fans you’d think they’d want the easier path which is definitely the ACC.

The reality is that they're not the same team after Travis went down, but their fanbase will start beating the drum - literally - for leaving once again.

They all ready are, their blaming being left out on their Strength of Schedule rating of 55th. Saying to many bad teams

They all ready are, their blaming being left out on their Strength of Schedule rating of 55th. Saying to many bad teams
It’s all confirmation bias. They beat a banged up GA team who only beat GA Tech by 8. The ACC beat the SEC in head to head games. FSU beat the only common opponent (LSU) by a larger margin. Alabama squeezed by Auburn on a fluke/ choke by Auburn who were beat by 21 the week earlier by N. Mexico State.

Without a doubt losing Travis hurt them but they deserved the opportunity to play. The Committee would have used any rationale to include the SEC

This has actually proved correct everything FSU has been saying.

Now perhaps a 12 team playoff helps them get in.

But if their point is the ACC is a joke of a conference and as long as you’re in it, you will be treated as a second rate joke, the committee just told them that is 100% true by laughing as their undefeated ACC championship season.

Reactions: eerlobe and bdur76
Ha! Let him piss and moan! They’re too stupid to realize that this is the closest they will come to making the playoffs. If they move to the SEC, they won’t even sniff a 10 win season let alone a championship.

Reactions: Mbarber1961
Ha! Let him piss and moan! They’re too stupid to realize that this is the closest they will come to making the playoffs. If they move to the SEC, they won’t even sniff a 10 win season let alone a championship.
Well, that isn’t completely fair. But if they go to the SEC, they won’t get any more help to make the playoffs

If they win their bowl game, some service is going to award them a national championship.

Okay…that goes against everything the assumed reason is because FSU lost their quarterback.
That’s definitely the reason why they weren’t included, but I’m just saying that I can easily see this becoming an ACC issue if the narrative becomes “an undefeated Big Ten or SEC champion wouldn’t be left out under the same circumstances.”

FSU has their own agenda they’re trying to push, and I would not be surprised if they use this as a rallying cry to exit the ACC.

Reactions: ThePanthers
But if their point is the ACC is a joke of a conference and as long as you’re in it, you will be treated as a second rate joke, the committee just told them that is 100% true by laughing as their undefeated ACC championship season.

No. They laughed at their current offense. With Travis, they are in without a question.

Are they wrong? Inferior league when even if you go undefeated and win it, you still aren’t in contention

This should be an iron clad argument to get them out of the GOR. Actually feel bad for them having to stay in this inferior pathetic conference.

Are they wrong? Inferior league when even if you go undefeated and win it, you still aren’t in contention

This should be an iron clad argument to get them out of the GOR. Actually feel bad for them having to stay in this inferior pathetic conference.
They can go have fun finishing no higher than third or fourth in their new conference.

It won't get them out of the GOR t all.

If Travis was healthy they’d 100% be in. Next year this won’t be an issue.

But everyone is correct, the narrative will be it’s the acc fault. Even though 1 loss Clemson teams have gotten in. And an undefeated auburn was left out of the bcs championship in 2004

The real middle finger would have been if they sputtered with Travis and were still passed over. The rest here is mostly fanboy message board fodder pretending that records actually matter in this farce.

The real middle finger would have been if they sputtered with Travis and were still passed over. The rest here is mostly fanboy message board fodder pretending that records actually matter in this farce.

But that’s the point, right?

If it’s all a farce. And records don’t matter. And it’s all pro-wrestling with bookers deciding who should be champion based on rating draws and such, the ACC just got the treated like the working man’s intercontinental champion, who will never get a run with the world title because he’s not a good enough draw for the main stage.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof

If it’s all a farce. And records don’t matter. And it’s all pro-wrestling with bookers deciding who should be champion based on rating draws and such, the ACC just got the treated like the working man’s intercontinental champion, who will never get a run with the world title because he’s not a good enough draw for the main stage.

So you're saying the Florida State Seminoles got.... Tatankaed?

Tatanka.jpg

It's funny, because historically teams got even more credit for winning games with a backup QB. All of a sudden, we have a new way of looking at it that defies the history of football.

And it's even more funny when you consider that they didn't drop after winning with Rodemaker. They dropped after winning with a dude who wouldn't even be their QB in the playoff. You beat the #14 team in the nation by double digits with a true freshman who had barely got any reps all season. And you actually get penalized for that.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
So you're saying the Florida State Seminoles got.... Tatankaed?

Tatanka.jpg

I was thinking more like Mr. Perfect.

One of those guys that was elite in the ring (much like FSU proving it on the field). And internet wrestling fans will tell you should have gotten a much bigger main event run because of how good his in-ring stuff was.

I was thinking more like Mr. Perfect.

One of those guys that was elite in the ring (much like FSU proving it on the field). And internet wrestling fans will tell you should have gotten a much bigger main event run because of how good his in-ring stuff was.

Hey, Tatanka had quite an undefeated streak going before that no-good Ludvig Borga nailed him with a chair.

I know all the wrestlers always vouched for Mr. Perfect, but I must admit I never viewed him as championship material. In fairness, he was much more of an 80's NWA/WCW style of wrestler than a WWF guy (i.e. he actually wrestled, as opposed to just being a no-talent cartoon character... which is what I was, admittedly, more into). I can appreciate his matches - Summerslam '91 and KOTR '93, both against Bret Hart, not being the least of which - but he never had the highpoints for me to view him as champion-caliber... both wrestling and personality-wise. Of course, having a finisher that ended up with him in a pose straight out of a Jane Fonda workout video didn't help.

Didn't hurt Clemson for a number of years, or FSU in 2014 when they had Winston. Again, if Travis is not hurt, they are 100% in.

This has actually proved correct everything FSU has been saying.
Actually, just the opposite. They've been saying that they're carrying the ACC and that they're worth so much more if they left. That apparently isn't true or the TV people would have been drooling to get them in. There is probably still some truth in that but the offer price dropped pretty significantly with this one.

Actually, just the opposite. They've been saying that they're carrying the ACC and that they're worth so much more if they left. That apparently isn't true or the TV people would have been drooling to get them in. There is probably still some truth in that but the offer price dropped pretty significantly with this one.
Not really. It is true that Florida St is the best, or close to the best, draw in the ACC. This also wouldn't affect their "price" if they ever switched conferences.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT