ADVERTISEMENT

Fla St not in... calls for leaving ACC in 3...2...1

Actually, just the opposite. They've been saying that they're carrying the ACC and that they're worth so much more if they left. That apparently isn't true or the TV people would have been drooling to get them in. There is probably still some truth in that but the offer price dropped pretty significantly with this one.

Or the TV People understand that an SEC team brings in the “SEC! SEC! SEC!” fanbase, while Pitt fans openly brag on this board about boycotting the national championship for the 8th straight year.

Didn't hurt Clemson for a number of years, or FSU in 2014 when they had Winston. Again, if Travis is not hurt, they are 100% in.

Sure, because there was nothing you could do.

But we are talking about when there’s any excuse to not do it.

Actually, just the opposite. They've been saying that they're carrying the ACC and that they're worth so much more if they left. That apparently isn't true or the TV people would have been drooling to get them in. There is probably still some truth in that but the offer price dropped pretty significantly with this one.

If Travis was not hurt, and this happened, then I'd lean toward it being a big FU to the ACC. But with him out, I don't think it is. It's still the wrong decision IMO, but we've had many more years of history showing that if the team is good enough, the ACC champ will be picked over others. Hell, TCU was picked over tOSU (I think) last year.

At the end of the day though, this all goes away next year. ACC champ, regardless of record, will be in as it is most likely going to be one of the top 5 conference champs.

How could you leave such an attractive draw out when every box was checked and "tradition" said they should have been a lock?
Because other schools can also have the same value. From a network perspective, it can be six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Sure, because there was nothing you could do.

But we are talking about when there’s any excuse to not do it.

Could have made any explanation they wanted. If Travis is not hurt, and they see more than one game of their backup, then they are in.

Not sure how the ACC factored into that equation when Washington is coming from a dead conference with lesser credentials.
They are going to the Big 10 though. You basically have two SEC teams and two Fat 10 teams in the CFP, just like TV wants.

Right. SEC was a lock all the way. Silly to think otherwise. That's why it doesn't make sense to say it was Bama that knocked them out.
Because if Georgia had won, there would be no need to take Texas. They could have left Texas out and went with all undefeated teams. (UGA, Mich, UW, FSU) No controversy at all.

With Bama winning, you have a 1-loss SEC Champ that lost by 10 on their home field to a 1-loss Big 12 Champ. How do you justify taking Bama over Texas? ...And like you say, the SEC was a lock all the way.

Buckle up, this is all that wer'e going to hear in the next year.

The reality is that they're not the same team after Travis went down, but their fanbase will start beating the drum - literally - for leaving once again.
They've been calling to leave the ACC for years. Their entire administration down to their the most casual fans believe they "deserve" better and think they are leaving. This, and anything else remotely applicable, will certainly will be used to further that narrative, but it won't make any additional difference. They are going to leave as soon as they can figure out how to do it.

Because if Georgia had won, there would be no need to take Texas. They could have left Texas out and went with all undefeated teams. (UGA, Mich, UW, FSU) No controversy at all.

With Bama winning, you have a 1-loss SEC Champ that lost by 10 on their home field to a 1-loss Big 12 Champ. How do you justify taking Bama over Texas? ...And like you say, the SEC was a lock all the way.
I guess we'll never know what happens if Georgia won but I certainly wouldn't say that FSU was a lock given how it panned out.

They've been calling to leave the ACC for years. Their entire administration down to their the most casual fans believe they "deserve" better and think they are leaving. This, and anything else remotely applicable, will certainly will be used to further that narrative, but it won't make any additional difference. They are going to leave as soon as they can figure out how to do it.
Incompetent ACC leadership totally screwed the Noles out of a playoff spot. They should feel that they deserve better.

Definitely not, but you couldn’t make a case to keep them out either. The Travis injury gave them one on FSU.

Exactly.

It’s at the margins where bias comes out. Of course Jimbo’s juggernaut FSU teams didn’t get left out.

But that’s irrelevant to the argument. The middle finger to the ACC is: if you give us ANY reason to not let you in, we are going to take it.

That just wouldn’t be the standard for the SEC or Big Ten conferences.

Exactly.

It’s at the margins where bias comes out. Of course Jimbo’s juggernaut FSU teams didn’t get left out.

But that’s irrelevant to the argument. The middle finger to the ACC is: if you give us ANY reason to not let you in, we are going to take it.

That just wouldn’t be the standard for the SEC or Big Ten conferences.

I think if FSUs 3rd string QB came out and crushed Louisville 57-0 like tOSU did a few years ago, they'd be in. Instead, he looked like a deer in headlights. THey also didn't get to see a lot of the 2nd string QB.

Let me also ask, if Purdue, Indiana, Minnesota, Northwestern, or someone from the BIG was in FSUs spot, and barely squeaked by in the BIG conference championship game, would they be left out?

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Incompetent ACC leadership totally screwed the Noles out of a playoff spot. They should feel that they deserve better.
Why should the ACC help them????? They've been wanting to get out ever since expansion began. FSU made their bed, let them get screwed in it...

Reactions: ThePanthers
It's funny, because historically teams got even more credit for winning games with a backup QB. All of a sudden, we have a new way of looking at it that defies the history of football.

????? Travis wasn't coming back. They werent putting an Iowa O in the playoff. Tell your buddy Norvell to recruit better QBs. We had a 3rd string guy better than their backup

????? Travis wasn't coming back. They werent putting an Iowa O in the playoff. Tell your buddy Norvell to recruit better QBs. We had a 3rd string guy better than their backup

That was their 3rd stringer, a true freshman, in the Louisville game. Their backup was concussed against Florida and would have returned for the playoff.

Is their backup great? Probably not. But he's at least thrown for over 500 yards with 5 touchdowns and no picks this season. The offense would have been a lot more respectable with him than it was against Louisville.

I think if FSUs 3rd string QB came out and crushed Louisville 57-0 like tOSU did a few years ago, they'd be in. Instead, he looked like a deer in headlights. THey also didn't get to see a lot of the 2nd string QB.

Let me also ask, if Purdue, Indiana, Minnesota, Northwestern, or someone from the BIG was in FSUs spot, and barely squeaked by in the BIG conference championship game, would they be left out?

If FSU was able to play their backup Saturday night, they probably win like 26-10 or something and get in. That's what makes this even dumber.

Predictable reaction as called a couple of months ago. In the document they bash letting in Stanford / Cal as further dilution.

FSU bashes ACC, Stanford , Cal

I think SMU dilutes it. I think Stanford/Cal could strengthen it. Are Cal, Stan, and SMU any worse in terms of how much value they bring than Cincy, Houston, UCF, or Utah (especially since BYU was already in) bring the Big 12 and the Big 12 idiots couldn't be happier with those additions.

I dont agree with SMU but they arent taking revenue and the ACC decided to play the long game with them to see if they could grow into a Miami (or even a current TCU).

No problem. They can leave and pay the estimated $600M breakup fee. I'd rather have the cash then those whiners anyway.

I actually can't wait to see them in the SEC. Their fan base will be crying elephant tears when they finish 7-5 every year.

Reactions: West Coast Panther
I think SMU dilutes it. I think Stanford/Cal could strengthen it. Are Cal, Stan, and SMU any worse in terms of how much value they bring than Cincy, Houston, UCF, or Utah (especially since BYU was already in) bring the Big 12 and the Big 12 idiots couldn't be happier with those additions.

I dont agree with SMU but they arent taking revenue and the ACC decided to play the long game with them to see if they could grow into a Miami (or even a current TCU).
Stanford was a perennial top 10 team less than a decade ago.

Ok. Take the biggest school in the country. A place where you can get to easily and an easy sell for all.
UCF.

The ACC should counter sue those bitches for making it more difficult for her conference to expand, which was necessary to secure its future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT