ADVERTISEMENT

FLA state rumor to boycott orange bowl

daytonpanther

Freshman
Nov 18, 2001
Seems to be fan rumor because everyone loves to give it to the "establishment" of CFB.

Ruin TV advertising and local bowl economy which ironically are in Florida.

Seems to be fan rumor because everyone loves to give it to the "establishment" of CFB.

Ruin TV advertising and local bowl economy which ironically are in Florida.
I think the rumor started because the Orange Bowl press conference was canceled the other day.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
No way they would do this, but it would be amazing.
They could come out and say they're not deserving of the bid because the QB is hurt, so put in another team that has some good losses and a healthy QB.
End the season undefeated and sit back and laugh.

FSU hates the ACC. What would the ACC do? Kick them out?

They do, and would probably love to jam it up the ACC’s arse.

What would the ACC do …
1) sue them for refusing to fulfill their contractual obligations.
2) Kick them out while holding their TV right until contract runs out

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
They do, and would probably love to jam it up the ACC’s arse.

What would the ACC do …
1) sue them for refusing to fulfill their contractual obligations.
2) Kick them out while holding their TV right until contract runs out
Oh they won't do it. The best FU would be to win against Georgia.
But could the ACC do number 2? I would think if they could, the ACC could just kick them out today and cash their checks.

Here’s what I think would be incredibly ironic about that:

They made fun of UCF claiming a national championship after the Knights defeated Auburn in the Peach Bowl in 2017. This was because they felt slighted when they were denied a CFP berth despite being 12-0.

Now FSU has an opportunity to beat the two-time defending champions in the Orange Bowl and could very well be the lone remaining undefeated team if Michigan and Washington lose. Instead, they’re going to back out of the game after they got disrespected? Ok then…

Free Shoes University
(Spurrier was awesome when he would ripped on FSU)
Has been, is, always will be
Strictly about them!

They are going to get pounded by Georgia, chip on their shoulder or not. I would be surprised if this was close.

any acc team could be snubbed like fla st was, the ncaa commitee really screwed them, Alabama should be out, not fla st

Of course it won't happen. But who cares if FSU and Georgia skipped out. both teams will have a ton of opt outs and it will be a lousy game between two teams who don't want to be there. They both expected to be in the playoff. Georgia since before the season started and FSU for at least 1/2 the season. They both got eliminated in the last weekend. One by Alabama and the other by the committee. Ugly game with a lot of backups starting. I am not interested in this one.

with how many players "opt out' of these meaningless bowl games, who cares anyways. It's FSU-JV vs GA-JV regardless and nothing more than a primer for some younger guys getting ready for next year.

I read an article that GEORGIA was offended because they were snubbed! That's some real SEC PRIVILEGED thinking, the idea that "we're always the best, and even losing shouldn't hurt us" yeah, just give the SEC MORE WELFARE, even if they lose, leave someone else out. College Football is stupid!

I dont think he canceled any "history," not sure what that even means. He is really a "big government/government-control" guy so maybe he can mandate that the game be canceled in some type of protest that the state university didnt get a CFP bid. The game is a private but he likes to interfere in private businesses (Disney, cruise lines, etc). If Trump can get the Big Ten back to playing in 2020, maybe DeSantis can take action here for his Noles!
He’s exactly the opposite of your description. So, once again, well done!

wait a second, are you saying that a non playoff bowl game like the orange bowl is paying out each team 79.4 million dollars??

Is this real?

Yes but its not the Orange Bowl paying that out. The NY6 bowls are all part of a pool. So that's the ACC's share. They get more if they have a team in the playoff. FSU isnt going to boycot. But if they did, the ACC would replace them and the league would still get the money.

wait a second, are you saying that a non playoff bowl game like the orange bowl is paying out each team 79.4 million dollars??

Is this real?

It’s all the NY6 games put together and divided by conferences. Playoff teams get an $2M bonus

Bowl are more fair than media deals.
Again the conferences get all the money, and divid it up differently.

For instance, B1G bowl money all goes into a single fund. This year Michigan gets $1M, Ohio State and Penn State get $500K after that the money get divided by 14

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT