ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Pitt @ Georgia Tech

There is a fixed number of commercial breaks each quarter. The more they get out of the way early like this the fewer there are to take later in the quarter.

So much for that theory. They did it the entire game, every injury, every TO, every change of position, even 20 seconds left in the game

Don’t want to take anything away from the very good we’ve seen from this game - there has been plenty of it- Offense and D-line looked very good… but there is still poor tackling that needs cleaned up from some DBs.

Not sure how good GT really is, but a very solid performance by Pitt

Last edited:
Reactions: pittmeister
LOVE that kid. LOVE the fact that we appear to actually be able to RUN the ball. All those stuffed runs at the line the last couple years... I still freakin' LOVE the running game. That's how you dominate games... Scoring TOO much (well, mostly TOO SOON), is a real thing. Tough on the Defense.

Great game but why no victory formation? Instead we get a guy hurt.

I dont mind running plays and getting guys snaps. The head scratcher is putting a guy who was injured back in the game instead of giving a walk on or anyone else a try

So much for that theory. They did it the entire game, every injury, every TO, every change of position, even 20 seconds left in the game

Actually after you bitched about it in the 3rd quarter there was only one more commercial break the whole quarter. There were four changes of possession after that and they only took a commercial break after one of them.

I mean really, were you paying any attention at all?

I was REALLY worried about this game. And having watched it, with good reason. GT has a ton of good athletes and they're going to be a force in the future. Whip had a fabulous game plan ready today and Kenny has taken the huge step from being a GOOD quarterback, to now being REALLY good. Excellent today.

Reactions: DruidTM
2 of the 3 analysts on the ACCN Pre-game Show (including Richt) picked GT over Pitt. So did clown head Lee Corso. So this win gets some nice attention nationally I'm guessing.

Reactions: BreakingPitt
fantastic game all around. Good road ACC win against a team with a ton of momentum

If only Pitt didn’t blow it to Western Michigan. Would be a very nice situation now
Yep. Can’t do anything about it now. Just keep winning.

With the way Kenny and the offense are playing along with the way the D-line is playing… and with a very beatable list of ACC opponents left on the schedule (including Clemson), this is the first year where Pitt has a good chance of winning the ACC- and not just the Coastal.

Reactions: mike 301 and TFBaum
Yep. Can’t do anything about it now. Just keep winning.

With the way Kenny and the offense are playing along with the way the D-line is playing… and with a very beatable list of ACC opponents left on the schedule (including Clemson), this is the first year where Pitt has a good chance of winning the ACC- and not just the Coastal.
Would be a 13-9 type pill to swallow if Pitt misses out on the Playoffs because of that loss.

Would be a 13-9 type pill to swallow if Pitt misses out on the Playoffs because of that loss.
It is a shame. I can see how it may come back to haunt the team, but if Pitt can win out the rest of the regular season who knows what could happen. With typically elite teams like Clemson pretty much out of the Playoff picture already, maybe having 1 close loss early in the season (even to Western Michigan) might not keep Pitt out. Even if Pitt ends up out of any National Championship conversation, they are very much in the conversation to win the ACC Championship and possible finish as a top 10 team. If wins the rest of the games or even all but 1. I think we all would be ecstatic.

You are defending Trump?
I didn’t say anything about Trump and the comment he responded to was about Biden and mentioned nothing of Trump.

You are allowed to access your brain power from time to time. Stop neglecting it when you post something.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT