ADVERTISEMENT

Hamlin & Ford

Pittnerski

Freshman
Sep 11, 2013
officially a package deal. Where are they going? I'm surprised PSU is still in the running after their one position coach popped off about packages. Meanwhile Duzz is all about it. Does it come down to us and tOSU? Any early indication where these two might go?

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
officially a package deal. Where are they going? I'm surprised PSU is still in the running after their one position coach popped off about packages. Meanwhile Duzz is all about it. Does it come down to us and tOSU? Any early indication where these two might go?

How are they a package deal when they are not even in the same class?

It was Hamlin and Hudson that were the package deal. Only flaw is they did not have the same offers and Hamlin's favorite was OSU and Hudson did not even have an offer.

How are they a package deal when they are not even in the same class?

It was Hamlin and Hudson that were the package deal. Only flaw is they did not have the same offers and Hamlin's favorite was OSU and Hudson did not even have an offer.

When it comes right down to it the really big time programs (e.g., tOSU, Bama', etc.) will really not offer package deals since they don't have to--they ultimately will either land the better kid without his buddy at the end of the day if he really likes them; or, they will land another player who is as good or better a prospect than the kid wanting his less talented buddy as a package. The only time something other might happen is if/when the "buddy" is a great prospect (true 4 or 5 star level talent) in his own right (and so that really isn't a package deal in the sense we mean). [If the better kid of the pair looks like a sure fire future Heisman winner and all-Pro who they think is the key to winning the MNC they might make an exception and offer the package deal--but that would be a highly unusual special circumstance.]

PSU is delusional if they think they have these same options as the tOSU's and Bama's in regard to not offering package deals. Maybe they did have that option decades ago--just like Pitt no doubt did for several years immediately following the 1976 national championship when they were an annual MNC contender. Those are long gone for both schools.

Ford tweeted he and Hamlin will attend the same school. I don't think Ford is riding anyone's coat tails. If he hasn't been offered by someone...he will be. As for Hudson and Hamlin...that would be nice. However, I think they have completely different interests with regard to schools. I expect Hudson to go to PSU...his coach is a major fanboy of the program there.

Ford tweeted he and Hamlin will attend the same school. I don't think Ford is riding anyone's coat tails. If he hasn't been offered by someone...he will be. As for Hudson and Hamlin...that would be nice. However, I think they have completely different interests with regard to schools. I expect Hudson to go to PSU...his coach is a major fanboy of the program there.
I will be happy if one chooses Pitt, or both, and wish them well and good fortune wherever they end up and in life, but I know both have a far better chance at playing at Pitt than any other place else too!

Well if he is going to same school as Hamlin, we will either have our first 2017 verbal or we will know he is not coming to Pitt a year ahead of time and don't have to waste recruotimg resources on him .

Last edited:
Hudson, Ford, and Hamlin all have PSU and Pitt offers so both will stay in play, but we hear of kids wanting to be a package all the time and 90% of the time it doesn't work out and thats with kids in the same class. I've never heard of a package with kids in different classes.

Has Hamlin addressed the attendance issue since his father posted tweets about the Pittsburgh community not showing support for the football team? I thought Pitt was out of it at that point?

Hudson, Ford, and Hamlin all have PSU and Pitt offers so both will stay in play, but we hear of kids wanting to be a package all the time and 90% of the time it doesn't work out and thats with kids in the same class. I've never heard of a package with kids in different classes.

Has Hamlin addressed the attendance issue since his father posted tweets about the Pittsburgh community not showing support for the football team? I thought Pitt was out of it at that point?
You thought incorrectly. Hamlin and his father really like Pitt and in particular coach Narduzzi.

Pretty sure the Twitter guy was proven to not be a Pitt fan.

I still think it is Franklin's Penn State to lose Hamlin! It will be interesting how the Central Catholic Pitt Recruit Perishen talks to him and Coach Shoop? I still think Franklin got Perishen to switch just to recruit Hamlin.

I still think Perishen made a big mistake going to Penn State because he was needed at Pitt more and would have started faster, we shall see?

I recall how Penn State's Paterno grabbed a Football Recruit from Hopewell in the name of Alky Hubbell (Not Sure Name Is Exact)a year before Tony Dorsett. He was the QB & Punter for Hopewell.

I was told by a Coach from that area, that Alky told him, after Dorsett went to Pitt and turned down Penn State, Alky told him he was benched and never saw much play the next few years? He felt Paterno blamed him for not helping to get Dorsett. He also told me, some Players hated Paterno and called him "Biggie Rat" behind his back and I did confirm that was true by some Penn State Players?

I think Hamlin still has Penn State has his first choice, but I am no means an expert on recruiting, just a hunch! However, If Perishen does not play much this year, it could be interesting?

I just don't think he is coming to Penn State. I'm very surprised that you guys don't feel good about him. I was under the impression that it was PITT or OSU.

Pitt fans think Pitt is in great shape, PSU fans think PSU is in great shape and OSU fans think OSU is in great shape. The truth is no one knows, and anyone who says otherwise is lying. I personally think he ends up at Ohio St and the whole package deal falls apart, but once again, that is just my opinion because Hamlin isn't talking to ANYONE right now.

Reactions: UNCPSUFAN
This fan is talking about a player that both schools are recruiting. What exactly is the problem with that?

Why are you on a Pitt site talking about

Ped
St
University

?

Pitt fans think Pitt is in great shape, PSU fans think PSU is in great shape and OSU fans think OSU is in great shape. The truth is no one knows, and anyone who says otherwise is lying. I personally think he ends up at Ohio St and the whole package deal falls apart, but once again, that is just my opinion because Hamlin isn't talking to ANYONE right now.
Believe what you wish!

This fan is talking about a player that both schools are recruiting. What exactly is the problem with that?

The problem is that there is a Penn State fan on the PITT free board. Even if said fan(s) provides info that may be useful to you or gives you some insight that you may not currently have, it is still coming from a Penn State fan.

Last edited:
There is no way this guy has any inside info on Hamlin so he is trolling. He is probably living in the PITTsburgh area and wants to inject some Ped St slant.

He may have even went to the Ped St - Maple Street | World Branch Campus.

Last edited:
There is no way this guy has any inside info on Hamlin so he is trolling. He is probably living in the PITTsburgh area and wants to inject some Ped St slant.

He may have even went to the Ped St - Maple Street Branch Campus.

Providing information and giving an opinion is not trolling.

FWIW, every 24/7 Crystal Ball prediction on Hamlin since May has been Ohio State. Karlo Zovko, the Pitt 24/7 insider is the only one who predicts Pitt. Beating out Urban and his National Champs for these kids will be a very tall order. He seldom loses recruiting battles.

the question you have to asked yourself, is hamlin plan "a" for urban or is he plan "c" for urban? hamlin would be great for us and a big get, not as much for urban. personally i believe hamlin would not be happy with his playing time during his osu time if he goes there.

urban always recruits well, coming off a national championship, he will have his pick of the best db's in the country.

FWIW, every 24/7 Crystal Ball prediction on Hamlin since May has been Ohio State. Karlo Zovko, the Pitt 24/7 insider is the only one who predicts Pitt. Beating out Urban and his National Champs for these kids will be a very tall order. He seldom loses recruiting battles.

I doubt Hamlin thinks that way. If that's the case, PSU would be a great situation if he is projected as a S.

I'm not sure how much you follow 24/7. They pretty much crystal ball the kid to the biggest name program a kid gets an offer from. The only time I pay any attention to it...is if the prediction comes out the day before or of the kids decision.

I'm new here so pretty wild to see a PSUer... haha, but hey this dude at least here is being cool. And best I see from cyberspace giving good info. Good to see rival fans being civil...

- Hudson seems clearly to have faded from Pitt and definitely towards PSU.

- Hamlin does seem leaning hard to Pitt... along with Wheeler.

OSU supposedly is stacked at DB including a few in his class, yet he is still being courted by them... sure the attention from national champs must be nice.

- Ford I have not heard anything solid on... he clearly likes Pitt but that not to say he doesn't like a few others as well.

Give credit to PSU staff for being damn strong recruiters... but like Pitt they have to produce on the field and Franklin still unproven as a game coach in meaningful games.

- Sanders.... I say he flips.... at least you have to say this kid is really spending a lot of time around the Pitt program.... any hard skinny on Sanders?

I'm new here so pretty wild to see a PSUer... haha, but hey this dude at least here is being cool. And best I see from cyberspace giving good info. Good to see rival fans being civil...

- Hudson seems clearly to have faded from Pitt and definitely towards PSU.

- Hamlin does seem leaning hard to Pitt... along with Wheeler.

OSU supposedly is stacked at DB including a few in his class, yet he is still being courted by them... sure the attention from national champs must be nice.

- Ford I have not heard anything solid on... he clearly likes Pitt but that not to say he doesn't like a few others as well.

Give credit to PSU staff for being damn strong recruiters... but like Pitt they have to produce on the field and Franklin still unproven as a game coach in meaningful games.

- Sanders.... I say he flips.... at least you have to say this kid is really spending a lot of time around the Pitt program.... any hard skinny on Sanders?

I doubt Wheeler is a take for us any longer. That's not definitive information or anything but JMO. The fact that he said he was going to take his time with his recruitment and didn't know what was going on with PSU's other DTs caught me off guard for two reasons. First, if he was really into PSU and understands the recruiting game, how could he not be aware of the other DT recruits? Second, if PSU was really high on him why would they have not contacted him to let him know other DTs were jumping on board. I think we are all about Dioubate at this point. If we don't land him than maybe Wheeler is a take. We aren't getting Gary.

No idea about Ford...way too much 2016 stuff going on.

No idea about Sanders. Our mods told us that both he and Simmons would be taking visits even after they verballed to us. Guess we will just have to see.

Reactions: mjmclan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT