ADVERTISEMENT

Is DC Bates retiring?

gary2

Athletic Director
Jul 21, 2001
He is now the only Pitt coach not followed by Coach Bell

Coincidentally Matt “Burnin’ Down the” House recently started receiving unemployment benefits. 😎

What do you expect he would add to the offensive room?
Until he takes half salary -
He better have something to do with it
He’s responsible for all of it and compensated as such

Don’t worry - I’ll be there as usual .
And you’ll be wrong on your couch as a super fan

Mike Vrabel to pitt as our defensive coordinator. or as steelers HC, which ever one opens first..

Or as steelers D Coordinator,

Reactions: mike 301
I like the hands off approach he takes to the Offense, it's just that he needs to hire a good OC if he's going to trust him 100%..

a good HC in college delegates a lot of responsibility, play calling and scheme to his coordinators. just need a good coordinator..

I like the hands off approach he takes to the Offense, it's just that he needs to hire a good OC if he's going to trust him 100%..

a good HC in college delegates a lot of responsibility, play calling and scheme to his coordinators. just need a good coordinator..
So you buy all the Frank nonsense?

Narduzzi hired Frank for a reason.

Defensive wizard Narduzzi, much like defensive wizard Tomlin, has hands into every aspect of their offenses.

Ultraconservative, living in fears, manufacturing close games through their philosophies, aiming to win with defense - Guilty as charged

What do you expect he would add to the offensive room?
Maybe some gravitas, commanding presence and aura of accountability, what with him being the guy everyone in his program is working/playing for and all.

Let’s save more money and only have coordinators and no HC!

Reactions: MajorMajors
So you buy all the Frank nonsense?

Narduzzi hired Frank for a reason.

Defensive wizard Narduzzi, much like defensive wizard Tomlin, has hands into every aspect of their offenses.

Ultraconservative, living in fears, manufacturing close games through their philosophies, aiming to win with defense - Guilty as charged
The defense wasn’t good either

Reactions: gary2
Maybe some gravitas, commanding presence and aura of accountability, what with him being the guy everyone in his program is working/playing for and all.
I have no idea what that means or looks like beyond what he already does. He always takes accountability. Many here say that he sets the tone as a conservative offense (I disagree), even in this thread.

Until he takes half salary -
He better have something to do with it
He’s responsible for all of it and compensated as such

Don’t worry - I’ll be there as usual .
And you’ll be wrong on your couch as a super fan
I don't think you understand a HC's role yet.

I don't think you understand a HC's role yet.
We know
They don’t gameplan
They don’t determine rosters and starters
They don’t call plays

How about you explain that their actual job is for a change ?
I won’t hold my breathe .
You always lack substance
Silly

We know
They don’t gameplan
They don’t determine rosters and starters
They don’t call plays

How about you explain that their actual job is for a change ?
I won’t hold my breathe .
You always lack substance
Silly
You're so dumb.

I’ll wait your list of their duties
Go ahead
Actually give details for once
"The Head Football Coach position in Athletics is responsible for providing leadership for the football program; assuring the program complies with the overall objectives of the institution and the department; and ensuring the program adheres to all applicable NCAA, conference and institutional rules and regulations."

"The Head Football Coach position in Athletics is responsible for providing leadership for the football program; assuring the program complies with the overall objectives of the institution and the department; and ensuring the program adheres to all applicable NCAA, conference and institutional rules and regulations."
Gotcha
High paid compliance officer

Now tell me what those duties are

I have no idea what that means or looks like beyond what he already does. He always takes accountability. Many here say that he sets the tone as a conservative offense (I disagree), even in this thread.
Except when he doesn’t
And says it’s not his decision

You're really dumb.
The HC should be working with all of the coached to determine game strategy for each opponent , and the personnel packages which will be most successful .

Very simple

Now tell me what you actually think his job actually is as related to the team during the season .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT