ADVERTISEMENT

It's A Hockey Night In Pittsburgh !

I didn’t think it was at that level, especially in that situation, but zero doubt it was a penalty.

I agree. I was just a little afraid it might be called. But it was a penalty for sure. Everyone on here seems to think so except one.

Unlike the last few series the pens left it all in the line. It’s a shame they didn’t win. They deserved better
Yeah, it’s not much consolation but anyone objective who saw this series knows that the league gave at least three of the victories to the Rangers.

Trouba needs to be utterly destroyed when these two meet in the fall.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Just not strong enough on the wall and in front of the net in the defensive zone.

7 minutes to go, how many times to you just need to get the puck out of the zone.

Get it out. Get it in. Simple stuff. Just want it, do it.
The Rangers literally spent the whole OT PP in the Penguins end. That GW goal was just a matter of time. Our defense was terrible the whole series.

Reactions: 303vND
Up 3-1 and then in game 5 and game 6 we had 2 goal leads and couldn't hold them. And even in this game we're up 3-2 with around 6 minutes left and we blew that lead too.

We deserved to lose. It sucks because now we're left with the crappy Pirates until September.
The Pirates are only 4 games below .500

Last edited:
Why is there some chick in the TBS studio? Hockey's a MAN'S SPORT!! Why ain't she in the break room fixin them cokes?!?!?
Just not strong enough on the wall and in front of the net in the defensive zone.

7 minutes to go, how many times to you just need to get the puck out of the zone.

Get it out. Get it in. Simple stuff. Just want it, do it.
Marino made a terrible play on the tying goal. Turning the puck into the middle instead of keeping it on the wall. Looked like he panicked.

Petterson losing his helmet also contributed. But blowing a 3 games to 1 lead is unacceptable.

Probably looking at a non playoff team for the foreseeable future. Too old. $$$$ tied up in older players. Minor league talent depleted. Won’t be surprised if Sullivan gets canned.

It’s pretty simple. Don’t turn the puck over on your blue line. That usually leads to bad things and yes it was absolutely a clear penalty.
You got that right. McGinn taking the penalty put the Pens in a bad spot but the real killer was his stupid turnover.

And definitely not a good time to lose every single face off when you’re on a penalty kill.

Reactions: PittPoker
Pens played a good game. No complaints from me. Outplayed them in the series and in this game 7 on the road at MSG.

sports can be cruel.

Reactions: pittbb80 and CCHS82
The Rangers literally spent the whole OT PP in the Penguins end. That GW goal was just a matter of time. Our defense was terrible the whole series.
Didn’t care for the strategy that our PK used all series vs the Rangers. We backed off far too much and allowed them to get good shots at net. If you can’t clear them out in front , why are you letting them shoot?

Barely saw him or heard his name all night. Or all series.
He’s not strong on the puck not physical and rarely shoots. I’m not sure what he brings to the party

that line was awful tonight. Rakall looked really tentative as well

and Malkin is a shell of the player he once was. He’s not near as strong on the puck and his puck handling is not even close to what it once was. I’ll give him credit done at least trying to be physical which is more than I can say for kapanan

Pitt football will be the best sports ticket in town. Steelers, Pens and the ever sucking Buccos are going to be in the hurt locker for a minute.

I'm NOT wrong. There are no conspiracies.

The NHL is orgasmic that New York won. It’s not a conspiracy per se, but Trouba needed suspended for his hit on Crosby, and by not doing so, that is the only evidence needed of how the NHL truly wanted this series to go. Favoritism for the team in the huge media market.

Hopefully they will get rid of Sullivan and become a stronger heavier team. They took out Dumo, Rakell, and then they took out Crosby who is still this team's heart and soul. We need someone on this team that can protect Syd and others. It's probably a good thing we went out now because these guys are old and undoubtedly in another series or two there would be few Penguins left even remotely healthy.

Sullivan has been given to much rope, it is time to pull the chord and change it up. He is a good coach but, hockey is a physical sport and the Pens are just too soft.

Reactions: PittPoker and gary2
You got that right. McGinn taking the penalty put the Pens in a bad spot but the real killer was his stupid turnover.

And definitely not a good time to lose every single face off when you’re on a penalty kill.
He held and “tried” to shield/protect the puck.That was the mistake. Just get it deep.

Didn’t care for the strategy that our PK used all series vs the Rangers. We backed off far too much and allowed them to get good shots at net. If you can’t clear them out in front , why are you letting them shoot?
Yeah I agree with you, thought we backed off way too won penalty kills as well. Gave them a number of good opportunities.

The NHL is orgasmic that New York won. It’s not a conspiracy per se, but Trouba needed suspended for his hit on Crosby, and by not doing so, that is the only evidence needed of how the NHL truly wanted this series to go. Favoritism for the team in the huge media market.
Oh come on.

Reactions: FreeportPanther
Pens played a good game. No complaints from me. Outplayed them in the series and in this game 7 on the road at MSG.

sports can be cruel.
30 shots. Their 30 shots should not translate to 4 goals.

You are allowed to win scoring only 3.

No...the Pens have getting manhandled for the last four or five years and they never addressed the issue. I like Sullivan but his approach of the “just play our game” mantra when your team is getting beat up physically hasn’t worked for a while.

Reactions: PittPoker and gary2
30 shots. Their 30 shots should not translate to 4 goals.

You are allowed to win scoring only 3.
One was an own goal and the game winner was…well I don’t even know how that went in. There were two bodies there.

Jarry’s glove hand was what it was on two goals, but the 22nd hijacker can rip it.

Gallant is yucking it up with the reporters What a piece of horse dung he is. Couldn’t outcoach an already shorthanded team so he ordered a thug hit on the best player. There’s a place right next to Joe Paterno in a very hot place with his name on it.

I was thinking the exact same thing, wondering why we are giving the Rangers so much space to set up and shoot.

One was an own goal and the game winner was…well I don’t even know how that went in. There were two bodies there.

Jarry’s glove hand was what it was on two goals, but the 22nd hijacker can rip it.
Did he flinch on the tying goal? Not sure, didn’t see a good replay.

Gallant is yucking it up with the reporters What a piece of horse dung he is. Couldn’t outcoach an already shorthanded team so he ordered a thug hit on the best player. There’s a place right next to Joe Paterno in a very hot place with his name on it.
We need to get a French Canadian Coach

Hopefully they will get rid of Sullivan and become a stronger heavier team. They took out Dumo, Rakell, and then they took out Crosby who is still this team's heart and soul. We need someone on this team that can protect Syd and others. It's probably a good thing we went out now because these guys are old and undoubtedly in another series or two there would be few Penguins left even remotely healthy.

Sullivan has been given to much rope, it is time to pull the chord and change it up. He is a good coach but, hockey is a physical sport and the Pens are just too soft.
Sullivan had a nice run but his time has passed here. NHL coaches have a short shelf life anyways and I think this would be a perfect time for the Penguins and him to part ways and bring in a different philosophy. Especially since we will probably be rebuilding for a couple of years at least.

Pretty bad when you give up 4 goals on only 6 high danger shots.

Of course one of the 4 wasn’t high danger, just the obligatory carom off our Pens defender’s skate. Can’t remember has that been Matheson or Peterman for about the 3rd time in the series.
Mathieson

Did he flinch on the tying goal? Not sure, didn’t see a good replay.
It looked like he ducked. Lol. I’m not faulting him in all seriousness. Sometimes the other team makes plays and the hijacker is an elite player. Jarry played well. Should have played game 6.

Sullivan is a wuss in general; he needs to embrace having a goon on his team, and let him do his job. That might have saved them. Trouba might not have gooned it up if he knew he’d be annihilated for it like he should.

But Sullivan isn’t to blame for this series loss. The team played a helluva tough series, with tremendous adversity heaped on them from game 1, shift 1. Too much against them to overcome.

Reactions: 303vND
It looked like he ducked. Lol. I’m not faulting him in all seriousness. Sometimes the other team makes plays and the hijacker is an elite player. Jarry played well. Should have played game 6.
Agree about game 6

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT