ADVERTISEMENT

JACKIE ROBINSON LL

I'm in goat... I am liberal in the true sense...I can get along with anyone!

What city and state do you propose?

hackfest or summer lair retreat works for me

LL CEO Steve Keener was classmate of mine at Westminster in the late 70's

I'm sure LL was a dream job for him, but after this BS and the thing 10 years ago with the 14 year old I wonder if he'd think it's time to get out. The adults make it insufferable.
This post was edited on 2/12 7:55 PM by Somerset Panther

I like the idea.

Just a thought, all balls have written... I hate penn state.. So when we find a ball we can yell out I have an I hate penn state ...

Chains this is the first time since 2011 you didn't call Penn State-Ped State are you feeling alright?

Originally posted by Dr. von Yinzer:

Originally posted by Tbonerare:

Originally posted by Dr. von Yinzer:

Originally posted by Tbonerare:

Originally posted by goat123:

White, black, Hispanic, or other people from the inner city are brought up to lean how to take advantage of the system.

There are people in those communities who help people get on " disability" and access "welfare benefits" who shouldn't so cheating in LL is second nature. They should be helping them increase their education and skill levels but why do that than they'd have to work.

The kids definitely know! The parents of the kids who aren't getting playing time because of the kids who shouldn't be there definitely know too!

Go Pitt!
+1
What about all of the corporations that hire teams of lawyers to "game the system." Are we going to demonize them just like we are the large swaths of people born into poverty or are we going to hold them up as virtuous and good businessmen who learned how to avoid paying taxes they would owe because of the evil government's unrelenting greed?
Gaming the tax system under the rules isn't quite the same.
Who is writing said rules?
The IRS.

Originally posted by Consultant Panther:
It's not an inner city thing at all. When my daughter played travel softball for team comprised of mostly affluent kids, the coach faked the birth certificate of a player, so she could play for his team. That's just one example. I could go on and on about other things I've seen happen over the years in travel ball.

It's not good, but teams cheat all the time, regardless of whether they are from the inner city of the suburbs.
exactly and obviously. Which is why making a big deal over this instance is strange.

Never mind the fact that the asian team was going to beat on whomever the U.S. served up for the slaughter

Originally posted by pittzap:

Why is this a big deal??

It would be like an NCAA basketball team making the tournament and adding players from other teams to make them better as they begin tournament play.

The Little League system in the US is that kids play in affiliated LL programs. They select an All Star team from THAT league of players and enter the tourney. This team took players from other leagues. Simple rule, they broke it, they got caught.
they ALL break the rules imo it is just who you choose to go after.

Like college football, we know there are certain schools who cheat but never seem to get caught, because they are not being investigated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT