ADVERTISEMENT

Kewl...playing UCF again.

Straight up mentally defective. Teams are are buying our starters away just to stash them on their 2-deep as backups, and we insist on playing multiple P4 OOC opponents each season.

some things never change. Look at the PSU OOC in 2025 then compare here. But I think the jobbers are starting to unite and asking big money for these squash matches. So hence we get these home and home with P4's

some things never change. Look at the PSU OOC in 2025 then compare here. But I think the jobbers are starting to unite and asking big money for these squash matches. So hence we get these home and home with P4's

Yeah, they play 9 P4 teams and that's what we should be in the non-ND seasons... which means WVU and that's it. Or Wisconsin and that's it in the case of 2026.

Do a home and home with a G5 team. Of course then they'll go out and schedule the one semi-juggernaut the G5 has to offer. These people are consistent if nothing else.

Yeah, they play 9 P4 teams and that's what we should be in the non-ND seasons... which means WVU and that's it. Or Wisconsin and that's it in the case of 2026.

Do a home and home with a G5 team. Of course then they'll go out and schedule the one semi-juggernaut the G5 has to offer. These people are consistent if nothing else.

2026 has UCF at home, then next week Wisky on the road. Heck there is still an opening that year, we should try and schedule an SEC team, maybe Mississippi. I'd love to tailgate at the grove.

Straight up mentally defective. Teams are are buying our starters away just to stash them on their 2-deep as backups, and we insist on playing multiple P4 OOC opponents each season.

Heather's football scheduling has been awful. Why does she insist on playing 10 P4 games and scheduling home and homes with teams no one in Pittsburgh cares about? Was Arizona not available?

Were it not for scheduling UCF, this wouldn't have taken place.
iUDm2CH.jpg

I’m hoping we are in that conference in a few years because after the top of the acc bolt it will be a better option
I’m actually wondering where we’d be in their “attraction list,” assuming Clemson, FSU, UNC, or even UVA are poached. Some of the other schools who they’ll take a look at:

• Louisville
• Miami
• NC State
• Virginia Tech

You also have to consider their commissioner is a big basketball guy and, if they get separate football and basketball TV contract, do they start looking at Duke and/or Syracuse as well?

I’m actually wondering where we’d be in their “attraction list,” assuming Clemson, FSU, UNC, or even UVA are poached. Some of the other schools who they’ll take a look at:

• Louisville
• Miami
• NC State
• Virginia Tech

You also have to consider their commissioner is a big basketball guy and, if they get separate football and basketball TV contract, do they start looking at Duke and/or Syracuse as well?

Again they added Cincy, Houston, UCF, and duplicate teams in Utah and Arizona. Pitt isn't getting left out of any Big 12 expansion plans. You guys are ridiculous. This is the BIG 12 we are talking about. Iowa State and Kansas State and Texas Tech are in that league. Pitt doesn't even need an invite. They just need to call up and tell them they are coming and ask where to report for Media Days.

Reactions: HailToPitt725

• Louisville
• Miami
• NC State
• Virginia Tech

Yep. If Miami vt nc state don’t make it to the P2 they will be top of the list. Ross delinger of yahoo sports who is deeply plugged said Louisville and duke are high on the list.

I think it’s just how big they want to go.

Yep. If Miami vt nc state don’t make it to the P2 they will be top of the list. Ross delinger of yahoo sports who is deeply plugged said Louisville and duke are high on the list.

I think it’s just how big they want to go.

Your fear of being left out of the Big 12 is annoying AF. Of course the B12 would add Louisville and Duke. And Pitt and Syracuse and GT and basically everyone but BC and Wake. Do you not see who is in that conference? W&J may even get a bid.

Reactions: FireballZ
UCF isn't bad enough to be an automatic win and isn't good enough to be an interesting team coming to Pittsburgh.

Can someone explain the advantage of playing a 10th P4 game in 2026 and 2029 and against a team that will not sell more tickets than some buy game vs a MAC team.

UCF isn't bad enough to be an automatic win and isn't good enough to be an interesting team coming to Pittsburgh.

Which is why this series and basically every series Heather has scheduled makes no sense. I've said before that these are the ONLY P4 teams Pitt should play home and home

PSU
WVU
ND
OSU
Mich
USC
Oregon
Florida
Tennessee
Georgia
Alabama
LSU
Texas
Oklahoma

We are probably going to lose both games anyway or go 1-1 at best so may as well sell some tickets and create a buzz. Against UCF, we'll likely go 1-1 but I'd rather take a shot against one of those big boys in front of a packed Heinz. If we cant get them, get Ball State on the horn.

Which is why this series and basically every series Heather has scheduled makes no sense. I've said before that these are the ONLY P4 teams Pitt should play home and home

PSU
WVU
ND
OSU
Mich
USC
Oregon
Florida
Tennessee
Georgia
Alabama
LSU
Texas
Oklahoma

We are probably going to lose both games anyway or go 1-1 at best so may as well sell some tickets and create a buzz. Against UCF, we'll likely go 1-1 but I'd rather take a shot against one of those big boys in front of a packed Heinz. If we cant get them, get Ball State on the horn.

This is actually probably the worst series yet, because we just saw five years ago how much our fans care about a top 15ish UCF team coming off the heels of a natty. And it wasn't much.

This is actually probably the worst series yet, because we just saw five years ago how much our fans care about a top 15ish UCF team coming off the heels of a natty. And it wasn't much.

Its not worse than the Wisky series since we dont even get a home game for going 0-2. But its close because there's not a "newness" to UCF. We've played them 3 times since 2005 or 2006. And the 7 years between the 2019 UCF game the 2026 game isnt nearly long enough when there's so many other opponents.

Cincy, Wisky, and UCF have been about as bad as it can get in scheduling.

Its not worse than the Wisky series since we dont even get a home game for going 0-2. But its close because there's not a "newness" to UCF. We've played them 3 times since 2005 or 2006. And the 7 years between the 2019 UCF game the 2026 game isnt nearly long enough when there's so many other opponents.

Cincy, Wisky, and UCF have been about as bad as it can get in scheduling.
I didn't mind doing this a couple years ago. Yes, I get teams like OK State bring no fans and can very well sweep you, but it's something different and this is just entertainment.

But I don't know how they can look at the last year of Pitt football and not think we need all the wins we can get.

Can someone explain the advantage of playing a 10th P4 game in 2026 and 2029 and against a team that will not sell more tickets than some buy game vs a MAC team.
Yes. Pitt is more likely to lose against Toledo, Akron, Western Michigan, or even Youngstown State than a P5 bottom feeder or decent P5 team.. Based on our experience over the last decade plus, thinking Pitt can buy wins against MAC teams is absurd.

I will take winning 1 of 2 against Tennessee every day of the week rather than winning 1 of 2 against a MAC or FCS opponent where our guys don't want to get off the bus.

Reactions: cbpitt2 and NCPitt
Yes. Pitt is more likely to lose against Toledo, Akron, Western Michigan, or even Youngstown State than a P5 bottom feeder or decent P5 team.. Based on our experience over the last decade plus, thinking Pitt can buy wins against MAC teams is absurd.

I will take winning 1 of 2 against Tennessee every day of the week rather than winning 1 of 2 against a MAC or FCS opponent where our guys don't want to get off the bus.

We are likw 3-20 in Tennessee type games and 20-5 in buy games. Lets not pretend both are a going to be 1-1.

Iowa 1-3
Neb 0-2
MSU 0-2
NC State 0-1 (home game canceled due to joining ACC)
Cincy 0-1
Utah 0-2
A&M 1-1
OK St 0-2
Miami 0-1 (before we joined ACC)
UNC 0-2 (before we joined ACC)
PSU 1-3
VT 1-0
Ten 1-1

We lost 2 starters from a team that won 3 games. Hardly the panic you describe.

Have you looked around and seen the crazy stuff going on in the portal?

DeShields, Okunlola, Hayes, Kamara, and Jules would have all started.

And your logic is like saying, "The Pirates are in last place anyway. Who cares if they lose Jones and Reynolds?"

DeShields, Okunlola, Hayes, Kamara, and Jules would have all started.

And your logic is like saying, "The Pirates are in last place anyway. Who cares if they lose Jones and Reynolds?"
Yes if we are going back into the history of the portal these were starters. Every team is losing starters to the NIL pirates.

Yes if we are going back into the history of the portal these were starters. Every team is losing starters to the NIL pirates.

You optimists are all the same. Every player is great and not to be admonished. Until the second they leave... then they sucked and we are better for their departure. Absolutely twisted logic. If NCPitt likes your post, that's an excellent indication that it should be deleted immediately.

You optimists are all the same. Every player is great and not to be admonished. Until the second they leave... then they sucked and we are better for their departure. Absolutely twisted logic. If NCPitt likes your post, that's an excellent indication that it should be deleted immediately.
Hard to be an optimist after winning 3 games! I was looking at last years team and you are clearly talking about the last few years. My bad! The only one that stings for me is Addison and that is only because of the way it went down!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT