ADVERTISEMENT

Lol at this PG story

Am I high or did Kedon Slovis not put up similar, if not better, numbers vs WVU last year? Essentially the same defense, style and players? Why is this different?

This dude might end up being a great player but my god can he play a team with a pulse before we decide that?

Am I high or did Kedon Slovis not put up similar, if not better, numbers vs WVU last year? Essentially the same defense, style and players? Why is this different?

This dude might end up being a great player but my god can he play a team with a pulse before we decide that?
Well they only play 2 good team this year so expect him to keep padding the numbers

Is being the best QB in the Big Ten an accomplishment? Other than the Ohio State system guys, it seems like teams in that conference are always trying to win in spite of their QB. One of the most amazing stats in recent times was how long the Big Ten went without a first round pick at QB after Kerry Collins. I think it was from 1995 to Dwayne Haskins in 2019. That's absolutely unbelievable.

Reactions: PittMan2003
Is Drew Allar Already the Best QB in the Big Ten?

Why not put him tops of the Heisman race? Come on.
Is Jerry Micca still the sports editor? My Lord.

Just makes me think that todays media, whether print or tv, is going to cater to their audience. Doesn’t matter if it’s the NYT, Washington Post, NPR, PBS, Fox, CNN or the PG. They don’t care about objectivity. Only eyeballs and subscriptions. They give the audience what they want to hear. Not what they need to hear.

Last edited:
Reactions: pittmeister
Is being the best QB in the Big Ten an accomplishment? Other than the Ohio State system guys, it seems like teams in that conference are always trying to win in spite of their QB. One of the most amazing stats in recent times was how long the Big Ten went without a first round pick at QB after Kerry Collins. I think it was from 1995 to Dwayne Haskins in 2019. That's absolutely unbelievable.

Kind of like being the prettiest girl at fat camp.

WVU had Still last year, think he would have disrupted that OL of PSU if he still had eligibility?

Stats look pretty close to me.

If he is the best QB in the B1G, that’s not saying much considering the lack of quality QB’s in the B1G. It’s Allar and McCarthy in the B1G and no one else, which may put them in the top 5 in the ACC.

Allar 21-29 325yds 11.3 3TD
Slovis 16-24 306yds 12.6 1TD

Reactions: PittMan2003
WVU had Still last year, think he would have disrupted that OL of PSU if he still had eligibility?

Stats look pretty close to me.

If he is the best QB in the B1G, that’s not saying much considering the lack of quality QB’s in the B1G. It’s Allar and McCarthy in the B1G and no one else, which may put them in the top 5 in the ACC.

Allar 21-29 325yds 11.3 3TD
Slovis 16-24 306yds 12.6 1TD
Right. I have been saying this all week. Did he look pretty sharp? Sure. I just wouldn't crown him off a game vs WVU. As the number show, even Slovis played pretty well statistically against them. I would be concerned with the lack of push on their offensive line for those RB's because it doesn't look like they'll be able to run on either OSU or Michigan and I doubt Allar, even if he is great, is going to be ready to beat them single handedly this year. Of course, I'm rooting like hell either Illinois or Iowa get to him consistently and beat them too.

• Haha
Reactions: NittanyJoel
What would the story be if: 1- the long touchdown pass to start the game doesn’t go right through the defenders hands and 2- the pass he fluttered over the middle that the defender dropped on a potential pick 6 ?

Reactions: pittdan77
What would the story be if: 1- the long touchdown pass to start the game doesn’t go right through the defenders hands and 2- the pass he fluttered over the middle that the defender dropped on a potential pick 6 ?

1. Heisman frontrunner for sure.
2. Tipped pass?

The PG will be gone fairly soon, so one cog of the propaganda gear here will be dead. Normally it is a sad thing that newspapers are going under, but this one is so bad and has at least indirectly caused so much harm, it needs to be gone. And many of their staff that caused a great deal of the harm need to literally gone (from earth).

• Haha
Reactions: NittanyJoel
I thought you were going to say they ran the article of Frankin visiting his uncle's friend in Wilkinsburg once.
That is such a BS story that the PG loved and it reminds me of the media loving Joe’s story when fake relating to the Hawaiian fire victims because he once had a small kitchen fire. I also think he related to the hurricane victims because he once peed in a urinal and it splashed back on his khakis a little.
🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽

I don’t really care how talented he is. He is playing for James from State College. That guy can f**k up any QB. And he has the track record to prove it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT