ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Week 3 Volleyball Rankings

Feels like a lot of name recognition and nothing more for some of these schools. The way that Stanford match went, Louisville should have maybe dropped to 3 so Stanford could move up. Everyone is giddy over Florida, I guess. Whiskey isn't the best team in the country either. Oh well.

Feels like a lot of name recognition and nothing more for some of these schools. The way that Stanford match went, Louisville should have maybe dropped to 3 so Stanford could move up. Everyone is giddy over Florida, I guess. Whiskey isn't the best team in the country either. Oh well.
Agree....scratching my head also about Louisville dropping 3 spots to #5.

I have trouble understanding why Florida is so high. They lost at least two starters in the transfer portal in Kelley and the OH who transferred to Louisville. And, I think they also lost their libero, who I thought was great. I didn’t follow who they picked up in the portal, but they must have done very well. Or, they have played a soft schedule.

I have trouble understanding why Florida is so high. They lost at least two starters in the transfer portal in Kelley and the OH who transferred to Louisville. And, I think they also lost their libero, who I thought was great. I didn’t follow who they picked up in the portal, but they must have done very well. Or, they have played a soft schedule.
Florida has played a killer schedule actually and look really good. Wins over PSU, Stanford, Minnesota who are all top 15 or so teams. Only loss to Wisconsin who is most likely the best team in the country and favorite to win the ship, and that came in 5 sets. So Florida deserves their respect so far. The SEC is pretty weak though so if they are really a top 3 team they shouldn't lose more than 1 max 2 games in conference

I mean Wisconsin and Nebraska have looked like the two best teams in the country, so the name recognition matches the play there. Louisville hasn't had a true big win yet (yes they beat PSU but they're only top 15 or so this year) so that's why they fell behind Florida and Stanford who have played much tougher OOC schedules. To be honest, the fact that Pitt is still #8 despite the two losses is Pitt getting the benefit of name recognition right now, compared to 1 loss GT or BYU. Shows the good work Fisher has done to turn us into a powerhouse program.

Reactions: singregardless
I mean Wisconsin and Nebraska have looked like the two best teams in the country, so the name recognition matches the play there. Louisville hasn't had a true big win yet (yes they beat PSU but they're only top 15 or so this year) so that's why they fell behind Florida and Stanford who have played much tougher OOC schedules. To be honest, the fact that Pitt is still #8 despite the two losses is Pitt getting the benefit of name recognition right now, compared to 1 loss GT or BYU. Shows the good work Fisher has done to turn us into a powerhouse program.
The biggest joke of rankings is that Ohio State (3-6) and Kentucky (2-6) are still ranked. That's 100% on name recognition. That Kentucky team is not good this year.

Pitt might be ranked a little too high. They've been inconsistent at times. And I'm not saying Wisconsin isn't good. Just don't think they're the best team in the country. They struggled with Arkansas and Tennessee. Neither should have pushed them that hard. B1G gets some bias in the rankings which explains Ohio State. None of it is worth quibbling over at this point. A lot is going to change.

Also, I'll say this for Kentucky, they have played the toughest schedule in the country, IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT