ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft

I'd prefer they go in other directions, bu why would it be disastrous? Are you assuming they'd overpay for him?
Depends on what you're giving up. I'd be shocked if SF takes the 51st pick for him so you'd probably have to part with 20. Seems like a lot for a one year rental. I'm assuming he's a rental because he couldn't get a deal done with SF that paid him in the neighborhood of $128 million over six years.

Depends on what you're giving up. I'd be shocked if SF takes the 51st pick for him so you'd probably have to part with 20. Seems like a lot for a one year rental. I'm assuming he's a rental because he couldn't get a deal done with SF that paid him in the neighborhood of $128 million over six years.
Under those terms, I would agree, but I can't see them giving a #1 for a rental. I would assume some sort of negotiations behind the scene prior to any trade. How would you feel if they signed a 4 yr/100m extension?

I think they're more likely to go after Sutton.

So many directions this draft could go. I don't know if I remembering them actually NEEDING to fill so many positions.

Like, they need a high-end receiver AND depth at the position.

They need a corner who is no worse than CB #3, but a CB #2 (or #1, for that matter) wouldn't exactly be a luxury.

They need a T #3 at worst, but displacing Moore in the starting lineup wouldn't be unwelcomed.

And then of course they need a C #1.

I'm of this mindset:

Don't let the need for a C #1 blind you into automatically taking one with the first pick. This is why I hate going into the season with basically no one at that position. Tackles, Wide Receivers, and Cornerbacks are just much more valuable. If there is someone available at one of those positions who they really like, I sure hope they take him. If they don't love the guys available at those positions, then just take the Center (either at 20 or after trading down).

So many directions this draft could go. I don't know if I remembering them actually NEEDING to fill so many positions.

Like, they need a high-end receiver AND depth at the position.

They need a corner who is no worse than CB #3, but a CB #2 (or #1, for that matter) wouldn't exactly be a luxury.

They need a T #3 at worst, but displacing Moore in the starting lineup wouldn't be unwelcomed.

And then of course they need a C #1.

I'm of this mindset:

Don't let the need for a C #1 blind you into automatically taking one with the first pick. This is why I hate going into the season with basically no one at that position. Tackles, Wide Receivers, and Cornerbacks are just much more valuable. If there is someone available at one of those positions who they really like, I sure hope they take him. If they don't love the guys available at those positions, then just take the Center (either at 20 or after trading down).
I mostly agree, but I think if they add a high end wr, they have sufficient depth with Jefferson and Watkins. Sure, I'd like better, but I don't think its bad. Probably draft one as well.

I mostly agree, but I think if they add a high end wr, they have sufficient depth with Jefferson and Watkins. Sure, I'd like better, but I don't think its bad. Probably draft one as well.

Both of those guys might as well be any other bum we've had in here as far as I'm concerned. They each had a decent season in 2021, but the same could have been said for Moncrief, Robinson, etc. when we brought them in. Hope I'm wrong about that.

Nonetheless, taking a WR1 would definitely add talent and depth. I was mostly saying that we'd still need depth even if we didn't get a WR1 or WR2. Though I do think we're going to run a lot and won't exactly need to be loaded at the position from top to bottom.

Everyday they have the Steelers taking someone new, today its Graham Barton.
meh
I only want a C at 27 .

Both of those guys might as well be any other bum we've had in here as far as I'm concerned. They each had a decent season in 2021, but the same could have been said for Moncrief, Robinson, etc. when we brought them in. Hope I'm wrong about that.

Nonetheless, taking a WR1 would definitely add talent and depth. I was mostly saying that we'd still need depth even if we didn't get a WR1 or WR2. Though I do think we're going to run a lot and won't exactly need to be loaded at the position from top to bottom.
I think it’s pretty certain they’ll be drafting a WR within the 1st 3-4 picks even if they swing a deal for Aiyuk or Sutton, and that would be the correct move as they need to add both a veteran and a decent draft pick at the position. What they gave now is Pickens who’s not a #1 and a bunch of filler.

Is eminem the only thing that city has ?
Poverty, dilapidated housing, fake store fronts.

True story: Was at Steelers Super Bowl in Feb 2006 and Detroit was perhaps at the lowest trough of its history (it has rebounded rather nicely in last 5-7 years by the way). Roger Penske lead a team of haves to construct fake store fronts, fake businesses, etc for the NFL. It was all intended to paint DET as something it wasn’t. Merely bad. It wasn’t just bad. It was deserted. Steelers fans in every bar were talking about the obvious fake storefronts throughout the city (including across the street from the Fox, Chelios’s bar, etc).

In fairness, Detroit has done much better in last few years.

Reactions: BreakingPitt
McCarthy to Vikings is why that organization is so bad. Such a bad pick. Steelers have had great news in this draft because there are two QBs that have no business going before pick 20.

We will take it.

At this rate, I expect Kedon Slovis to be picked sometime late in the first round.
Bonkers. And JT Daniels.

This all benefits Steelers although I wish we had Dan/Cowher/Donahoe or Colbert versus Art/Tomlin/Omar….the latter (Omar) I have the most faith.

Bill Cowher was a top 5 head coach in NFL history of talent evaluation. He was absolutely incredible.

Yeah, there is still a ways to go yet, but so far things are playing out very well for the Stillers.
There was always going to be a good player available at one of the Steelers positions of need, now there will be multiple ones at multiple positions so they’ll have maybe a tougher decision to make or more willingness to trade down and get an extra pick somewhere.

With the 1st 13 picks all being offense, a top flight DB may unexpectedly enter into consideration.

There was always going to be a good player available at one of the Steelers positions of need, now there will be multiple ones at multiple positions so they’ll have maybe a tougher decision to make or more willingness to trade down and get an extra pick somewhere.

With the 1st 13 picks all being offense, a top flight DB may unexpectedly enter into consideration.

Yeah, there are going to be at least a couple of guys who are completely unexpected who are still going to be available when it is their turn. That can only be a good thing.

Unless, of course, they completely blow it.

Not trying to be critical, but I never understood why people care so much about the draft. For those that love the draft, what draws you in?

Not trying to be critical, but I never understood why people care so much about the draft. For those that love the draft, what draws you in?
I sure like following it sitting in the comfort of my home, don’t think I’d consider being in that mass of people to watch it in person.

Reactions: Pitt2009
This has fallen just about as well as possible for the Stillers. They can get whomever they thought was the number one corner, they could get whomever they think is the best center, they can get the best guard on the board, if anyone really wants to move up they could trade back a few spots and still get someone who is presumably one of their top targets.

I like it a lot. Makes sense for a few reasons:

• Top remaining offensive lineman on the board
• Fatanau can play OT or OG… what if they plug him in at guard and then move Daniels to center? Makes sense given they said they have “internal options” at center and Daniels previously played there in Chicago

I like it a lot. Makes sense for a few reasons:

• Top remaining offensive lineman on the board
• Fatanau can play OT or OG… what if they plug him in at guard and then move Daniels to center? Makes sense given they said they have “internal options” at center and Daniels previously played there in Chicago
whose playing C or the 2nd , 3rd , 4th wr ?
daniels at center ? LOL

Reactions: pittdan77
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT