ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft

You can stop posting about his money. Has nothing to do with anything. You're a broken record.

Yeah, the Steelers gave KP a shot with the worst OC in modern NFL history and an OL of which 60% was in need of replacement and a #1 WR who they let go for peanuts.

Again, not saying he played well enough to keep his job. I just think it's silly to blame him 100% and not accept that the team has now admitted through their actions that they put a ton of crap around him in key positions and expected him to perform despite that. We are not talking about a TE here. It was totally unrealistic that a rookie or 2nd year QB would succeed with an OC, 3/5 OL - including both OTs and the C - , and WR1 that all needed replacement.
Your post is quite good. They have essentially admitted through leaks out of the Southside that they did not give him enough and put him in bad positions. Like, their scouts have said this to people. And then they went out to fix the issues.

I think burial of Pickett has been too much but he also did not get play great either. He did win games though. They made the decision to have him sit back and evidently he did not want that. It’s easy to understand all parties here. I just don’t quite understand those that just throw it all on Pickett as you note.

Probably took everything in Tomlin to resist on that one. He's attracted to character issues like a hammerhead shark to squid.
What’s funny is every place I read about Mitchell and his character issues, they all offered up the Steelers as a good destination for him because of Tomlin’s ‘good’ track record of keeping them in line.

What’s funny is every place I read about Mitchell and his character issues, they all offered up the Steelers as a good destination for him because of Tomlin’s ‘good’ track record of keeping them in line.
I get the sense that Tomlin has had enough of the BS. Some of his comments this year regarding George alluded to it.

I'm cool with the Steelers picks, maybe they have something up their sleeve later in the 3rd round with 2 picks.
Just scary only having Pickens at WR.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Are they planning to plug these guys in on day one? Like, did Russell Wilson know he was getting an O-line with three guys that have less than a half-season of combined starts?
Russell saw the OL situation and knew what he was getting into before he signed. It has not been good.

Has Davoin Shower-Handel been drafted yet?
th

NFL could honor trans athletes after this pick and NRA board members after the next one, and neither political party would bat an eye. They're just understood to own everybody, basically.

Now that they got the WR, Gotta go corner now, right?

I wanted Wilson or McMillan, so I’m happy. Great draft so far!
Now that they got the WR, Gotta go corner now, right?
That’s what I’m thinking, although I’m not familiar with who would be worth taking at this point.

I wanted Wilson or McMillan, so I’m happy. Great draft so far!

That’s what I’m thinking, although I’m not familiar with who would be worth taking at this point.
At this point, none of us are Mel Kiper and know what’s left. But there appears to be really good value at the CB position on the espn best available list.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Wilson runs a sub 4.4 and seems to be a great route runner. Perfect slot guy for next season. Go out and get a #2 through free agency and we’re cooking.

Stillers back to stocking up on WVU and PSU players. Another reason I will root hard for them to go 0-17. I root for who has Pitt players. I wish nothing but the worst for the Stillers

• Angry
So far, with the 20th overall pick the Stillers got the guy that the Athletic had ranked 9th overall, with the 51st pick they got the guy ranked 34th overall, and with the 84th pick they got the guy ranked 41st overall. And all at positions of need.

If with the 98th pick coming up here they get TJ Tampa, cornerback from Iowa State who they have ranked 55th overall and who is still available, that would seem to be a pretty good two days.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
So far, with the 20th overall pick the Stillers got the guy that the Athletic had ranked 9th overall, with the 51st pick they got the guy ranked 34th overall, and with the 84th pick they got the guy ranked 41st overall. And all at positions of need.

If with the 98th pick coming up here they get TJ Tampa, cornerback from Iowa State who they have ranked 55th overall and who is still available, that would seem to be a pretty good two days.
That’s the guy I’m eying up. Of course I never saw him play but I like where he’s ranked overall.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
Are there any #2’s available in FA?
Boyd was a #3. He’s out there. But if you’re to believe steeler insiders, who frankly are a sad group of losers, they say that the Boyd ship has sailed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT